2nd

Possible.

 

Luhan’s POV; “Replay, Mr. Bus Stop & distractions”

 

The trip back to our apartment was silent, but not the awkward one. It was actually relieving and calming I must say. Relieving because the bus was warm, and the winter-ness in my body went completely away. Calming because I finally had a sip of my hot chocolate. I was actually quite happy because it wasn’t as cold as I expected. It’s warm as well, and it’s just what I needed. The only strange thing is none of us were talking. Usually when we meet, we’d be like flock of birds tweeting together- non-stop, talking about the most irrelevant and pathetic things in the world; but not tonight. The silence was relieving and calming, but it was odd. I know something’s off when he’s like this. Jongdae isn’t the silent type of person. Even though he doesn’t know you, he would still smile at you and sometimes, he’ll say random compliments about what you’re wearing, or how nice your hair looks like, especially. when he sees a ‘gorgeous looking guy’. Oh God, he couldn’t be any gay-er. He’d admit it though, that he likes guys. He’s not the secretive type of person. You would often see him talking, even when he sleeps. I wonder what happened? Maybe he’s just tired, so I’ll let the silence stay for a bit.

♢♢♢

‘Luhan are you ok?', asks a not-so-worried Jongdae, his mind was definitely off but he still managed to notice a choking-on-my-drink me. I was literally choking on my drink because it just hit me right now, that I was kissed by a stranger. A guy stranger. In the lips. I nodded frantically, hoping that he won’t notice the quick change of expression in my face. Fortunately, he didn’t. He just smiled at me, patted my back, and turned his gaze back to the bus’ window. But seriously though, who is that guy? Is he like crazy or a psycho or drunk or something? Why would he kiss me? Why would he kiss someone like me? I mean, I know I’m gorgeous and all but why did he chose to kiss me? Not that I’m against it, (well, maybe a little,) but it’s still strange, isn’t? We obviously don’t know each other, and not to mention he was with whom I assume his girlfriend. (The fiery look in the girl’s eyes was no joke. If looks could only kill, I would probably be in hell right now.) I couldn’t really think of any reason why would he do that- wait, maybe he has Tubercolosis or some kind of a serious contagious disease, and he’s mad at everyone and that’s probably his way of spreading his sickness? Oh god, please no. I know this doesn’t make any sense right now, but what if? Ah, my head. I think I need another sip from my drink- there we go. Or maybe he just find me really attractive and kissable that’s why he did that. Oh come on, get over yourself, Luhan. I don’t really get him, but I did get to see his face in a closer view. He was breathtakingly beautiful, as if he was a gift from the Gods, and was sculpted personally & perfectly by them. His eyes were like stars, or more like the galaxy when you look at it. It sparkles and it twinkles and it’s beautiful. I could almost see my reflection in his eyes, but what I wanted to see was the reflection of what he is. His lips were plump and thick, the kind of lips you’d wish to feel, kissing your face every time you wake up. His hands were strong yet gentle, and everyone that he might have held before probably felt that dear, fragile feeling because those hands are definitely built to hold the most precious person with care. Maybe I was a bit overreacting there but I swear, the moment he held me, my body felt like as if it was literally electrified. Our indirect skin contact sent shivers shooting down to my spine, making every hair in my back stand. I wonder how I managed to stay calm before, during, and after ‘our’ kiss. It’s stuck on my mind. And now even when I close my eyes, the kiss is still there, replaying clearly, over and over again. I’d hate to admit it but the feeling of his lips pressed on mine still lingers, and I can’t help but trace the perfection using my fingers that had touched my lips once. It’s amazing how I had my first kiss like this. It wasn’t my ideal one, but I wouldn’t probably have it in any other way. I also hate to admit that right now, a wide, creepy smile is forming gradually in my face.

♢♢♢

Alright. This is seriously too much. I can’t take this anymore. Why is he acting like this?

‘Jo-‘
‘Luhan… h-how’s your day?’

I was going to ask what’s wrong with him, but I was suddenly cut-off by his question. His voice was so pure and innocent, and so are the words that came out in his mouth. It was as if he had learned it since birth, word by word, syllable by syllable.

‘I’m… just fine. Maybe a little cold, but I’m good. How ‘bout you?’

Silence.

‘Luhan, I.. I’m… I am fine too, I guess.’

Now his words are tumbling apart. He stuttered so awkwardly. He is so not like this. This is not the Jongdae I knew. Something definitely happened during the time I was waiting for him, and I have to figure that out.

‘Oh for God’s sake Jongdae, what is wrong with you?’

I asked impatiently, already tired of this sulky act of his. I turned to face him, only to see my bestfriend, maybe 2-3 feet away from me. I didn’t even noticed that he stopped walking already. I was too busy being annoyed by his actions. We just got off the bus and now we’re walking to our apartment. There he stood, the street light perfectly hitting all the angles of his body, acting like a spotlight and the road was his stage. He’s just standing there, eyes focused in his shoes. I also noticed that I was standing under a street light as well, so right now we probably look like actors on stage, acting in a play. Thank God no one is passing by because who would take a stroll at 1 am in the morning. I looked at him and studied his actions carefully. I have never seen him like this before. Silence was eating me alive and it’s going to swallow me whole in any second.

'Jo-'

‘Lu, I.. I think I’m inlove.’

Wait, what? I’m pretty sure I don’t and never will have any hearing prblems but did I heard him right? He’s what?

‘You’re what?’ I asked again, not really sure if I heard him right.

‘I think I’m inlove.’, he answered confidently this time, and I definitely heard him right. I could see a wide smile already invading his face even though he’s still facing his shoes. I am not amused & surprised.

‘Oh come on, here we go again Jongdae. How many times have you told me this? 10? 15? 40?’

I know I’m being a douche for asking this but seriously, he had told me this millions of times before and I’m quite sure he always ended up running and crying into my arms.

‘I know,’ his tone still full of confidence, ‘but I am sure this time.’

‘Of course you are.’ I mumbled sarcastically, hoping that he’d stop talking because I’m too damn tired and pissed to start an argument.

‘It was him,’ he started again and I dramatically closed my eyes, slightly pulling my locks because oh my god can we stop this? It’s 1 am and we’re-

‘he’s working in the cafè where I bought your drink.’

My thoughts were cut off when his gaze gradually fell on me. I’m not sure if his eyes were naturally sparkly or if it’s teary, but it looked like glass and it wouldn’t hesitate to break any moment if a tear escapes through it.

‘I was stunned by his presence. He was standing perfectly infront of the cashier, and I can’t help but stay and look at him for a moment. Well, maybe an hour or two, but atleast I’ve figured out something.. that love at first sight does exist.’

He finished off his lovey-dovey speech with a contented sigh, that annoying smile still plastered in his face. Can someone just slap me right in the face right now? I am too overwhelmed by the today’s happenings and I feel like I’m gonna pass out in any moment. Really.

‘I don’t know what’ll be the outcome of this, but I’m gonna try and risk all.’

And apparently he is still not finished. Can someone please slap the person right infront of me as well and bring his sanity back? He’s like possessed by cupid or something.

‘Jongdae I’m-‘
‘I know you’re tired Lu.’ I literally sighed because thank God he knows that. 
‘Go home first,’ oh please Jongdae, remove that cheeky smile on your face because I'm rather creeped out right now. ‘I don’t actually feel like going home yet.’

He waved at me like a crazy man and walked towards the street. I didn’t stop him. I know he knows that he obviously need to get his self together and think about the things he said to me. Ah, my brain’s going to explode in any minute. I closed my eyes for a moment, hoping that this is all just a dream. A very bad dream, and when I open my eyes, I’ll wake up to the sound of chirping birds and the comfortable feeling of my comfortable bed; instead I was met by the cool breeze and the dark, asphalt road. I am not dreaming. I am alive and this is all reality. I let my feet drag me home because my body and brain is just too frickin’ tired to function anymore.

♢♢♢

I arrived home safely and I am actually proud of myself because I stayed awake and didn’t pass out. I lazily removed my shoes and went straight to my room. I didn’t even bother to change my clothes because nah, I don’t have enough energy for that. The moment I fell on my bed, sleep invaded my body, but the thoughts of him, (whom I now officially call as ‘Mr. Bus Stop’) completely filled my drained head, our kiss still replaying in my mind.

♢♢♢

I woke up to the audible sound of silence. My room is filled and swallowed by silence. Not the awkward one, nor the odd one, but the relieving and calming one. Relieving because the thoughts of our kiss dragged me to sleep; calming because the thoughts of him pulled me awake. His face is constantly replaying in my mind, and I know he must go away, but he wouldn’t. He just... stays. Well I don’t have any problems with that, I just need a little bit of distractions. Maybe I should snap away from all of these day dreaming and take a bath. Man, I feel awful. I don’t smell awful though, I just feel sticky and dirty. I hesitantly get up and headed to pick some nice, clean clothes from my drawer. What should I do today? Should I just act like a normal citizen and take a casual stroll to the park, or should I just act like a 15-year-old kid and eat and procrastinate all day? Hmmm. Maybe I should ask some suggestions from my phone.

♢♢♢

My very refreshing shower was interrupted by the sudden ringing of my phone. I was too busy day dreaming and singing that I didn't even noticed that I have 8 missed calls and a message, all from my aunt. 

 

'Luhan dear, how have you been? It's Auntie Ryouko. I have a favor to ask you, if you don't mind. I'd be in a business trip for 3-4 days and I need someone to look after Aki. Since it's your winter break, could you please take care of her? Only if it's okay to you. I am so sorry for not informing you in advance, I was too busy in my work and you're the only one whom I know I could rely on. Just give me a text or a call, ok?'

 

 

Oh, it's Auntie Ryouko. She's been a great friend of my mom since their college days. As I remember, my mom said that they were 'bestfriends', as in 'partners-in-crime'. I'm glad that until now they still kept in touch, and I even had the chance to meet her. She's a very lovely lady, and her daughter Aki is really adorable. Well, I kinda miss them too so I might as well agree to her offer. And oh, maybe this is the distraction I've been wishing for.

 

'I am doing great Auntie Ryouko, how about you? And yes, of course, I can absolutely take care of Aki for you! I only hope she is not as stubborn as she is before. I'll be coming at 4 pm! See you!'

 

♢♢♢

Their house still looked the same as before, except that there are more plants added in their front and backyard. Auntie Ryouko was bragging about how she got it from Japan in a very low price when they went back there, explaining that these plants were extra special because they bring fortune to your life. I just laughed at her fortune-telling stories, she still believed on those things. Her smile is still as genuine as ever, though the wrinkles that form in both sides of her eyes were much deeper and defined; only indicating the time that passed since I last saw her. We only exchanged some small talks for about an hour before she left. 

 

♢♢♢

Aki was playing in the living room while I'm just lying lazily on the couch, fiddling with my phone; searching for everything and anything. I am bored, what else could I do? 

 

'Luhan oppa! I'm hungry!' called Aki, who currently have the most adorable pout planted on her face.

 

'Alright, alright, I got it. What do you want?' I asked sweetly as she continued to punch my thighs lightly.

 

'I want... banana milk! Banana milk!' she enthusiastically screamed, her face obviously lighten up as she jumped around me. 'Buy me a banana milk!'

 

'Ok sweetie, I'll buy you one. Stay here and don't go anywhere, ok?' 

 

I planted a kiss on her forehead and she just giggled cutely. I picked up my scarf and coat and headed towards the door. Leaving Aki alone definitely bothers me, but the sweet girl is obidient, and I know that. And she's not exactly alone herself    she got her stuffed toys to play 'tea party' with. I guess I'm not pretty lonely too; I got the moon and stars with me. 

 

♢♢♢

I tiptoed carefully as I entered the gate, I kind of wanted to surprise Aki; or maybe even prank her that I didn't get to buy her a banana milk, but my mind mentally slapped me and whispered that's too cruel for a kid! Maybe it is, and maybe I should listen to my mind. As I am removing my boots, I noticed something strange. There's a pair of black converse infront of the door. Wait, what? I am sure I didn't see that before I left Aki. Alone..... NO!

 

♢♢♢

A/N: so sorry for the super late update and short chapter! no lukai YET! -.-

guess who's "appearing" again? in the next chapter though :D

thank you very much for the comments and for the new subscribers! I highly appreciate it T___T

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!