Painful.

What is Love?

A/N: Play BG immediately.


BG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9OdmguqdE

characters: Baekhyun, you and another girl

 

 

You and your boyfriend Byun Baekhyun went back to South Korea. Both of your families are in the States.

 

YOUR POV

 

It's been 2 days since I broke up with him. 

I saw him with another woman inside his house. IN HIS HOUSE.

They were about to kiss when I entered the door.

Shocked, I dropped the groceries I was about to give him that day.

“How could you do this to me, oppa?” my tears were nonstop.

And my heart? It’s like as if it’s been hammered a thousand times.

“It-it’s not like that. Look, let me explain.” was his reply.

“I don’t need explanations. My eyes clearly saw everything. WE’RE DONE.”

I didn’t want to say those words but the pain in my heart provoked me.

Just like that, I ended my supposed-to-be-forever relationship with him.

 

It hurts. You know why? 

I trusted and loved him with all my heart and now what? 

I'm here. Stuck in my room, lying in my bed, exhausted and tired of everything.

I don’t even want to breathe! His scent is still lingering in my room.

Nothing to do. Every little thing, reminds me of him.

Eating, watching tv, cooking, singing, reading books, even the wallpaper in my cellphone is him!

Why did we have to go here in Seoul when were happy back then?

 

I really hate this. I never knew that he could do that.

He didn't even bother come here and apologize.

Not even a single call.

Wae, Baekhyun oppa? 

How can this be even possible?

You hurt me but I can’t hate you.

I know my heart is clouded by pain.

But buried in those is my love for you.

I’m still worrying if you haven’t ate yet or if you weren’t late for work.

Stupid, ain’t I? Still caring for him.

 

I've been ignoring calls. Calls from his bestfriends, from mom, from dad.

I really don't want to talk to anyone right now.

To be alone is what I want.

 

"A letter for you, Agasshi.", says my maid, my only companion at this moment.

“I DON'T WANT TO READ THAT. THROW THAT AWAY!!" I screamed.

"I think this is really important, agasshi. There's no sender written. I'll just let this letter slide at the bottom of this door, in case you want to read it."

 

I looked at the letter. I noticed that the envelope is brown. 

Baekhyun hates brown because he thinks it's a sad color. Ah, he’s not the sender.

That letter must be coming from mom.

I stood up, picked up the letter and went back to sit on my bed.

 

"Annyeong. This is from XX. I'd like to tell you a story about me and the man I love.”

Who cares about your love story? I’m not in the mood for this, really. But I continued to read out of curiosity.

“So there's this man I loved from my first year in college until now. 6 years, if you'd count it. Yes, we were in a relationship for about 3 years. We were very inlove and love was what made our world go round. He was a good man, a good person. Kind, sincere, loving, every woman's ideal boyfriend. But do you know what broke us apart?"

Reading the letter somehow made me forgot about my current situation.

"I heard from school that she had another woman. 'They were hugging this morning' some of my bestfriends said, repeatedly. 'He held her hand!' said my classmate. ‘I told you he isn’t good for you.’ ‘Stop with your delusions. He’s not for you.’ I didn't mind any of what they said because I trust him. I wanted to see it personally before I would make a judgment."

So we had the same situation? Trust surely is the base of everything.

"So I went inside the canteen of our school. And there, I saw them, right before my eyes, whispering, laughing and touching each other's faces. They seemed so happy. The moment I saw that, my body got frozen and my heart instantly broke into small pieces. I didn’t know what to do. With my knees shaking, I approached their table. Unknowingly, I raised my hand and slapped my boyfriend hard in the face. I poured juice on that woman’s clothes and walked out.”

Tsk. She’s been hurt, like me. But I can’t do what she did. I can’t even dare.

“Then I cut the communication. Yes, we could see each other in school but I don’t look at him anymore. If he passes by, I pretend he’s air. Invisible. I didn’t reply to any of his messages, didn’t picked up any of his calls, threw away the bouquets he gave me everyday, gave away the chocolates. The last thing I did was to tore our picture in front of his face. I know it’s absurd but I was too hurt that time. After that tearing, he never bothered me anymore. The next school year, I transferred. I heard he also did the same. He flew out of the country. In USA, specifically. So, it ended.”

So, what now?

“Last month, there was a group gathering with our old classmates in college. ‘You’re so evil. Didn’t you know it was his cousin from America?’ One of them said. When I heard that, my world crumbled. The dumbest person on earth is me. I let go of the most precious person of my life. I didn’t listen to his side. The pain is what mattered to me. He hurt me, thus I should hurt him. I hate myself. “He’s coming back, I heard. Maybe this week.” said another. I said to myself, maybe it’s not too late to mend everything. His return is my chance to make it up to him. For me, it isn’t over yet. I know he isn’t healed yet. I just know.”

She’ll talk to him?! I'll read further.

“So I asked for his whereabouts and I heard that he bought a house somewhere in Seoul. So I went there, 2 days ago.”

OMO. What’ll happen to them?

“I entered his house without any permission. There he was, still perfect as ever. ‘I’m sorry. I know I’m the worst person ever but can you give me another chance? Or can you give US another chance? I know I’ve hurt you because of that incident. But from the bottom of my heart, I didn’t do those in purpose. I was blinded by pain. If I only I knew she was your cousin, I wouldn’t have acted that way.” I was hoping that he felt the same way too.

“He came toward me and tucked my hair behind my ear. I came closer, as if he’ll whisper something. I felt relieved that time. I knew it. He felt the same. He still loves me. I think he's going to kiss me in the cheek. But do you know what he whispered? You and I ended a long time ago. I loved you. I love someone else now. “ I can’t absorb what he said. I thought he’s just making excuses. ‘NO. I KNOW YOU STILL LOVE ME. I’M YOUR FIRST AND I’M GOING TO BE YOUR LAST.’ I yelled. I tried to kiss him and then, you came.”

WHAT?! ME?! THIS LETTER’S FROM THAT WITCH? WHAT THE HELL.

“It’s my fault. He didn’t do anything. I’m sorry. It's painful but I know I have to let go. I won’t bother the both of you again. I didn’t believe him when he said he have someone new. But when I saw you, everything became real. If you don’t want to lose him and experience pain for forever, please make it up to him. I bet he’s outside your house, waiting for you. Don’t let him go.”

Without thinking of what to say, I grabbed my phone and hurried down stairs. My feet’s speed is as fast as it could be. When I got out, I looked at my left and right but he’s nowhere to be found. I dialed his number and waited for a couple of seconds.

Please please please, pick up the phone.

“Hello?” he said.

“Oppa, mianhe, I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry for being so judgmental.”

“I know. I believe in you. I know you were shocked. I’m sorry too.”

“Where are you? I’ll go there right now.”

“Turn around.”

“What?”

“I said, turn around.”

And I did turn around, he is there, teary-eyed. That man. The best man in the world. The most loving and understanding man. The perfect man every girl can ever dream of. I’m the luckiest girl for having him in my life.

I came closer to him and hugged him. I buried my face in his chest and cried for forgiveness.

“I’m sorry oppa. I’m so sorry. I promise I’ll be more understanding and open-minded.”

“No. Don’t change. I love you the way you are. You’re perfect. And oh, sorry for not calling, I knew you would reject my calls and sorry for not showing up, I knew you weren’t ready to see me yet. I love you and I’ll never let you go.” He smiled.

“Arasso.”

“You know what, it’s cold in here. Why don’t we get inside your house?”

“Okay.”

-END-

 

Love without pain is just a game. Don’t let that pain crush you and your trust into pieces. Stay strong because everything will eventually pass.