Taeyang [2] Hair Prequel

Candy Coated

"I feel like some ice cream and a movie" You'd mentioned to your boyfriend during a phone conversation.  Being the sweet man that he was, not even forty minutes passed before he showed up at your door, toting a grocery bag that held a carton of your favorite ice cream and a container of store bought cookies.

"Bae!" You embraced him happily as soon as he stepped inside.  He returned your hug with one arm, a low chuckle escaping his mouth.

"You can pick the movie off of Netflix or Vudu or whatever." You said, taking the bag and turning to go to the kitchen.

You heard Youngbae's footsteps head towards your bedroom as you scooped the ice cream into bowls, grabbing spoons, napkins and drinks along with your sugary treats.

When you entered your bedroom and carefully set the snacks down on stable surfaces, you found that your boyfriend had already settled in beneath your covers. He'd removed his hoodie, leaving him in just a beater and his basketball shorts.  His hat was also missing, set carefully to the side with his jacket and shoes, leaving his head bare and exposing his hairstyles.

"What happened to you?" You asked, clambering into the bed beside him.

"Huh?" He looked over at you, pausing in his search through movie titles. When you reached out and touched the ends of his hair, he understood what you were referring to. "Oh, I took my braids out earlier."

"And you didn't wash it?" You ran your fingers through his hair and noted how the usually fine, smooth texture was now coarse.

"I was gonna do it later, but then you called. Does it look that bad?" He touched his hair self consciously.

"Mmm," You contemplated your answer while finger combing his hair. This was the man who saw you in your most unrefined state and thought you were beautiful, who didn't care when your hair was frizzy and untamed or tied under a scarf, whether your face was made up or whether you were wearing bummy sweats or pajama pants, he loved you unconditionally and always looked at you like you were the most precious thing in his life. "It's not terrible.  Are you spending the nigh? I'll fix it in the morning."

There was no more talk of your boyfriend's crazy hair as you dug into your ice cream, and enjoyed the movie in addition to each other's company.

I had to.  I saw that picture and I was like wtf happened to your head?

How did you even get it that texture?

Thanks for reading, sub and comment if you haven't (comments always make my day ^.^)