Yongguk [1] Mom

Candy Coated

Thick, wavy hair.  Sleek, soft curves.  An inviting smile and an innocent gaze. These were all things that made up Yongguk's ideal woman.  His girlfriend was perfect to him, really, she should be perfect to everyone, but she didn't see herself that way. She didn't think other people would see her that way.  She didn't think the other woman who mattered most to Yongguk would see her as anything close to perfect.

"Would you relax? Just chill, baby." Yongguk stretched over the foot of the queen sized bed of their shared hotel room as he watched his girlfriend pace back and forth, wringing her hands nervously, her bangles making a tinkling sound on her wrists.

The young woman glanced at him but her feet never ceased in their path across the carpeted floor. "I can't. I just... what if she doesn't like me?"

"She will."

The quick, nonchalant manner in which her boyfriend responded to her caused the young woman to shoot Yongguk a disbelieving glance. "How can you possibly know that? You went to America to study, and now you come home with some gaudy, heart stealing, black harpy, and-"

"Is that what you see yourself as?" Yongguk quirked an eyebrow. "You're so confident in other people, but you think of your own self like that?"

"No. But I mean, it's your mom, and I-"

Her boyfriend interrupted her once more. "That's right, it's my mom and she'll love anybody I love.  I went to America to find a future, you fit that definition.  You didn't steal my heart, I gave it to you.  I pursued you, or do you not remember how you had me runnin' in circles just so you'd give me your number? And the fact that you're black doesn't matter at all.  It doesn't bother me, it won't bother her, and anybody who cares can kick in' rocks."

His girlfriend paused, chewing at her bottom lip as she mulled over his words.  Yongguk sat up with a sigh, shifting his hat on his head. "C'mere."

The young woman hesitantly walked into his outstretched arms, and he wound his grasp around her waist. "Don't stress over this .  My mom is cool, she'll love you, if anything, prepare to get harassed for some little blasian babies. She wants grandkids by the time I'm thirty and my brother isn't exactly a willing candidate."

"And you are?"

A sly grin crept across his face. " We've got a little time before it's time to leave.  You wanna see just how willing I am?"

__

... I'm so beyond mad I just smacked myself in the eye,

I was gonna do a Daniel or Hongbin oneshot next but now... idek.