First day of school

Because you are who you are

_____'s POV

 

Haraboji had been working hard to grow his little farm. The green tea leaf grew very well and only now I had the chance to pick it up. I brewed some of them for Haraboji's breakfast later . The rest of the of leaves are for sale in Haraboji's mini market. 

 

The clock had strike 7 in the morning. This morning had been strange enough for me.  Haraboji usually wake up early but not today. He must be tired because of yesterday.

 

I shuffled my way to Haraboji's room.

 

When I entered the room, I saw him still sleeping. He's face changed colour -pale. I quickly crouched beside him and feel his forehead.

 

"Omo" a faint gasp escaped out of my mouth. My mind was blank at the moment. It took me a few minutes to regain back my sense. Upon realising it, I rushed to the kitchen.

 

I dashed to the cupboard above the sink and took out a basin and fill it with cold tap water.  I snatched a clean kitchen towel alongside  and went back o Haraboji's room.

 

"_____-ah" Haraboji whispered. He took my small hand into his big , rough yet soft hand. "Don't worry about me, just go to school" He attempted a smile.

 

I just shook my head as a respond and put the now wet towel carefully on his forehead.

 

"You should take a rest, Haraboji. You've work hard" I patted his hand as a reassurance.

 

"I'll rest today, don't worry just go to school now or you'll be late" defeated, I just nodded.

 

"but first, you need to eat breakfast. I brewed you some green tea. What would you like to eat?"

 

"Anything is fine" I showed an 'okay' sign before going back to the kitchen. I placed the tea pot set on the tray and make a simple bread and jam for Haraboji to eat. I brought the breakfast in and set them on a small table.  "have you eaten yet?"

 

"Nope. I think I'll go grab something at the café" he just nodded in acknowledgement.  "I'm off to school" I did a quick bow and went to the front door.

 

 Kwangmin's POV

 

Morning breeze is always relaxing. Our school's rooftop is the best place to enjoy it. Whenever I have free time, I would spend my time here. Why? Because I could spend my time alone and relax my mind from hectic school schedule and all those formulas.

 

"3" I began counting. "2…" "1…" the band in my stomach went off. I just sighed and began to walk away from the high railings where I had leaned on for the past few minutes.

 

"Jo Kwangmin" The door to the rooftop banged open. I took out my earpiece and stare at the figure in front of me who is desperately  gasping for air.

 

"what?" I put the earpiece back, not wanting to hear a single respond.

 

"Yah! Take those off" she pulled the earpiece harshly.

 

"go away! I don't want to see you." she didn't reply. Instead, she shoved a paper back harshly on my chest. I held it up to my face and look at the logo on the plastic bag. "No, thanks" I gave the bag back to her and walk off to my classroom.

 

>>>

 

Coming back to classroom after recess, I found a familiar paper bag on my desk. "Tsk, stone headed isn't she?" I shoved the paper bag into my bag, carelessly.

 

To my surprise, there's a folded brown sticky notes on the table.

 

"Jo Kwangmin, you're mean and cold to everyone! You are one sick man! But, I'll still haunt you! - you know who"

 

I smirked reading the 'threatening note'. "Kim ______, you never stop bothering me don't you?" I threw the note in the dustbin.

 

______'s POV

 

History subject is always a boring thing to learn. Well, at least for me. Like it or not, I have to focus. I need to get straight 'A's. Focus Focus Focus, there you go, my doodles on my notebook. This is really boring.

 

'Jo Kwangmin' Opps. I wrote his name out of the blue. Hmm, I'm wondering what he's doing now? Did he receive my  letter?

 

"okay class, That's all for today. You can dismiss now. See you tomorrow" Finally. The class ended. Time to go home. I quickly packed my belongings into my bag and rush to the school front.

 

"Waiting for me?" I was sitting on one of the bench at the school front when someone sat beside me.

 

"Uggh, Hyunwoo, go away" I stood up and began to walk off.

 

"_____-ah I love you" Jung Hyunwoo. He's annoying. No, he doesn't love me at all he's just joking.

 

"Jo Kwangmin stop!" on my way running away from Hyunwoo I spotted Kwangmin. Of course, he didn't bother to stop. I rushed in front of him causing him to stop on his track.

 

He just give me his infamous glare. I just shrugged. "What now?" Kwangmin hold his bag that slung on his left shoulder, tighter.

 

"Here , eat well" I passed him a small box of Strawberry that I had planted personally. Not from Haraboji's crop. What do you expect? He just stared blankly at the box. "Aish" I went behind him an ped his bag and put them inside.

 

"Get the useless thing out of my bag" He demanded coldly.

 

"See you tomorrow, Jo Kwangmin!" I walk away from him calmly. And wave him off once I'm far enough from him.

 

"Damn you" I bet he's muttering that right now.