A glimpse of you

Because you are who you are

____'s POV

 

"Hyemi is taking too long" Yeon grunted

 

"Should we go check on her?" I suggested.

 

What do you expect? She ate too many. Let me list it:

 

2 boxes of Pepero

A cup of Blueberry yogurt

A bottle of Melon milk

3 scoops of Cappucino Ice cream with Chocolate sprinkle on top

A cup of Strawberry gelato

3 packets of Chocolate chip cookies.

A plate of Deokbogi

 

An so on.Too long to list.

 

"Kaja" Yeon stood up from where she's sitting.

 

Each of us had eco bags on both hands. Plastic bag is not allowed! Be eco friendly.

 

If it is not for that $50 Haraboji gave us, we wouldn't be carrying these.Now, Hyemi is the problem. She should be helping us right now.

 

"Bye~" We could heard a high pitched voice from afar.

 

Hyemi was standing in the middle of the way between the restroom and the convenient store. Shewas waving to the left of where she is.

 

"Yah!" Yeon rushed to her, I followed suit. "Who are you waving at?" Yeon turned to look at the direction where Hyemi was waving.

 

"Him" Hyemi pointed towards the sea of people ahead.

 

"Who? Which guy? The one with suit? The one with baseball cap? The one with little baby in his arms?" I asked enthusiastically while peering at the sea of people.

 

"That guy with striped shirt and a pair of jeans" we eventually managed to set our eyes on him but we could only see his back.

 

"What's his name?" I asked out of curiosity.

 

"How should I know? We just talked for a few seconds. He was just asking for direction" Hyemi shrugged and turned her heels to the other direction.

 

"Han Hyemi!" Yeon snaped.

 

"What?" Hyemi snapped in return.

 

"Help us" Yeon showed the bags she was holding. Hyemi snatched it without a word and we headed home together.

 

Kwangmin's POV

 

I pressed the button on the screen lazily and grabbed the hose and began to fill the large gallon with fuel.

 

"Young man, you cannot crouched while filing the gallon" and old man who's around 60 years old tapped my shoulder lightly.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry" I straightened myself.

 

"There you go, crouching is not safe while handling the fuel." He patted my back and walked away. I gave him a short bow as a sign of respect.

 

I watched the meter on the screen calculating the total litres and the price. For what it seems to be a decade for me, the meter finally stopped. I pulled out the hose from the gallon and fasten the cap in place.

 

"$20.60" I paid the amount diplayed on the meter at the nearby counter.

 

"Thank You, Please come again" the cashier who seems to be around my age purposely grabbed my hand while taking the money I handover. "Kwangmin Oppa" she added while batting her eyelashes.

 

"Eh?" I just gave her the disgusted look and walk off. She seems very familiar though. She must be from my school that's why she knows my name.

 

>>> 

 

"Here you go Appa" I handed him the gallon. It took him about few minutes to fill in the car's fuel tong.

 

"All done, Let's go"

 

I opened the door and stared at the creature infront of me.

 

"What?" He enlarged his already large eyes, acting innocent.

 

"Move"

 

____'s POV

 

"You are going home now?"

 

"Sadly yes, Honey" Omma kissed the top of my forehead.

 

"_____-ah, take care. We are going home too" Both Yeon and Hyemi gave me a hug.

 

"Aish! Why you came visiting on the last day of summer?"

 

"Sorry, we are busy with our own bussiness" Yeon assured me.

 

"Okay, Kim _____, don't forget the person who donates his to form you" Appa raised his voice so everybody could hear him.

 

"YEOBO!" Omma went ballistic to what Appa just said.

 

"Chill Honey. I was just joking" "______-ah, take a good care of yourself and take a good care of Haraboji too" Appa then gave me a hug.

 

"Be careful on your trip" Haraboji helped Omma closed the door.

 

"Bye" Appa's Sedan car then drove off to Seoul.

 

"Kaja,its getting late" Haraboji gestured me to go inside.

 

"I'm off to sleep, Haraboji" I locked the door and set on the buglar alarm.

 

"Go ahead, you have school tomorrow" Haraboji sat on the sofa and took out his little notebook he always carry around

 

"What book is that actually?" I nodded my head towards the book.

 

"What? And old man can't have his own diary?" Haraboji gave me his infamous raised eyebrow. I just chuckled.

 

I laid my self on my comfy single bed. Out of sudden, I remembered the guy from earlier. Even if it was just his back, I felt it is very familiar. I guessed he might be from our neighbour hood but Hyemi said he was asking for direction that means he must be from somewhere else. Maybe he was from the other neighbour hood not far away from us. I went there before to take a walk.

 

"Jo Kwangmin" I mouthed his name in realisation.