08

Young Love

As soon as the bell rang, Soojung ran straight to the door and went out of the room, both Taemin and Myungsoo following her.

"Ok, Who are you?", Myungsoo asked Taemin threateningly but Taemin returned him a grin. "You don't know me?", Taemin asked mockingly. "I wouldn't ask if I do". he rebutted.

"Well then, I am Lee Taemin!", he said as he offered Myungsoo his hand. The other accepted it, both giving a tight grip on each other's hand, by the time they let go, both could feel a slight pain on their hands but pretended that it was nothing.

"Where do you think you're going?", Myungsoo asked Taemin, not looking at him as he followed behind Soojung. 

"Hmmm?", Taemin hummed as he pretended to think. "I don't know", he replied as he grinned at Myungsoo not showing that he was actually irritated inside. Good thing I had acting lessons, argh, why do I feel so irritated with this guy?

"Tss!", Myungsoo snickered but did not say another word. 

Myungsoo just followed behind Soojung, observing her as they go. Of course, it did not miss his eye that the other students are looking at Soojung rather mockingly, but he chose to disregard it, well - for now - as he noticed how the students are also trying to avoid her, probably because they know the he was just behind her back. He glared at every other person who tries to come near her and Taemin noticed how Soojung would simply sigh everytime that happens.  

"Yah!", Taemin flinched as he heard that diva voice from one side of his earphones, unbeknownst to the other students, Taemin wasn't actually listening to music, he was listening to the PD-nim's instructions, all along, at the same, the teasing of his hyungs from the surveillance room. 

"Who is THAT?", Key asked emphasizing his last word. "I don't know either hyung", Taemin thought to himself as he shrugged when they went pass a surveillance camera. 

"Is he her boyfriend?", Onew's voice was heard from the other end. 

"Impossible!", PD-nim reacted. "We made a background check on her before everything started"

"Well, didn't you know? Youngsters nowadays as good at hiding things", Jonghyun countered but the PD chose to ignore it. 

"Whatever the case, YOU MUST NOT LOSE TAEMIN!", 

Irritated by the whole conversation behind the earphones, Taemin slid it off his ears and hid it in his pocket, earning him a scream from the PD, which of course, he no longer heard. He knew he'd get into trouble later on for what he did, but he was just not in the mood for those instructions at the moment. 

"Ah! Where is she going? That's not the way to the cafeteria!", Taemin's thought was cut off as Myungsoo suddenly talked when he noticed that Soojung went up the stairs. Taemin simply shrugged as he looked at him and followed behind Soojung to the rooftop.

 


 

As soon as they got in the rooftop, Soojung went straight to a corner shaded from the sunlight and leaned herself on the rooftop fences. Taemin, simply sat in front of her. "Why didn't you go to the cafeteria?", Myungsoo asked as he stood in front of her but Soojung simply showed the lunchbox that she was now unwrapping. 

Myungsoo sighed and carefully plumped himself beside her as he leaned his head on her shoulder. I don't like what I'm seeing. Taemin thought as he moved from infront of her to her other side. "What was that all about Soojung-ah?", she felt Myungsoo's body tensed up beside her but she knew from his voice that he was trying his best to calm down but Soojung still chose to remain silent. 

"Hyung and I, all along we thought you were having a great time at school", Myungsoo said which made her sigh and stopped her hand in the air, holding a spoonful of food, just infront of . Taemin carefully grabbed her hand and ate the food while she was holding the spoon. "Hmmm". 

Of course, that didn't go unnoticed by Myungsoo, and although it irritated him that Soojung didn't even react with what Taemin did, for now, it was meant to be ignored. 

"What if your brother finds out?", he asked her.

"Well, he wouldn't", Soojung answered. "Cause you're not tellling him", she added.

Myungsoo sighed. 

"What about those bruises you got recently?", he asked again. "Were those from those guys as well?", Soojung shooked her head in response.

"So, they weren't the only ones", he said matter of factly.

"Who else?", he asked as his fist slowly clenched but Soojung didn't reply.

"Who else, Ahn Soojung?", he asked again. There are only two reasons why Myungsoo calls her by her full name; first is because he's in a rather high mood to and the second is because he is mad, EXTREMELY mad, and right now, she was quite sure it was the latter.

"Ahn Soojung, who else?", he asked again as Soojung ignored him, this time his voice was getting higher, but she was set on keeping everything hidden from his brother. 

 "Who el---!"

"Some girls in the class, 'Think they're called F(x), Anyway", Taemin suddenly intervened which earned him a glare from Soojung but he ignored her, as he, too, glared at Myungsoo. "Stop yelling at her, dude!"

"F(x), huh?", Myungsoo whispered as he cracked his knuckles and stood up. Soojung tried to follow him but Taemin pulled her hand, pulling her back to her seat. Soojung looked at him with much hatred. "Back off", she said as she roughly released her hand from his grip. Darn this! He thought as he momentarily stared at the hand she just shoved off and then stood up. 

"Myungsoo, stop! Please! Stop!", Soojung yelled and Myungsoo stopped just infront of the rooftop door. He faced her, his eyes were completely blank. "Tell me then"

"W-what?"

"Why are you doing this? You're not weak Soojung-ah, Infinite knows that, you're not a gangster's sister for nothing, you could probably kick those guys asses but you didn't", he questioned her. "Why?", again she was silent, she hated the idea of being weak in front of her best friend but she has to live with it.

"One of those girls own this academy", another glare for Taemin. "Well, her father does"

Myungsoo took a deep breath. "Seriously?!" 

"They're threatening her with the scholarship", Taemin added.

Myungsoo looked at Taemin for a while, not happy with the fact that Taemin seems to know everything and then looked back at Soojung again. "You should have transferred schools!"

"It has to be this school! I have to graduate from THIS school oppa!", Taemin slightly flinched from the endearment she used to call Myungsoo. "If I want to get the best job I could, I have to graduate here!", she continued as she felt her voice shake, her tears threatening to fall. "I have to try my best for umma!", she said completely bursting out. 

Seeing her tears completely broke Myungsoo's defenses and he had the urge to suddenly hug her tight, which he did. "Pabo", Myungsoo gently said. "Scrap the scholarship, I could pay for your fees", he sided. 

Soojung started to calm down, and she wiped off the little tears she shred. "Sunggyu oppa would stop talking to you if you do. You know his pride", she joked which made Myungsoo smirk as he lightly kissed her temple. "Darn you and your brother"

That's it! Taemin completely snapped as he saw that kiss. He effortlessly pulled her from Myungsoo which earned him a questioningly look from both of them. "Enough with the drama and get on with the food", he said as he pulled her back to their previous sit.  

 

"Oh yeah, I brought some cake with me", Soojung suddenly remembered, leaving the irritated Myungsoo. Both Taemin and Soojung sat on the ground again as they opened the cake she brought. Myungsoo, sat on the other side again. "As if nothing happened huh?", he whispered. Who is this irritating guy?!

"This is yummy!", she commented as a small part of icing stucked on her cheeks. Before she knew it, Taemin swiftly the icing from her cheeks making her and Myungsoo blush madly, although the latter was from rage. 

"That's it!" Myungsoo snapped. "I'm dealing with you first!", Myungsoo said as he pulled both his sleeves up, and grabbed Taemin's collar. "Who did you think you are, huh?!"

"Didn't she tell you?", Taemin suddenly spoke which stopped Myungsoo's punch mid air.

"I'm her boyfriend"

Soojung snapped from her trance and she looked at Taemin flabbergasted. "W-What?!", she and Myungsoo reacted at the same time. 

"Yah! You didn't even ask me to be your girlfriend yet!", she said which earned her a grin from Taemin and made Myungsoo's eye widen. "Ya! You're worried about the wrong thing here!", he said which was left unnoticed as Taemin suddenly spoke. "Oh really?"

 

"Well then, I'm aski---, uh, no -- I'm TELLING you, 

 

Go out with me, Soojung-ah"