He stays awake just to watch you sleep.

Perfect Boyfriend Material.

 

We had started looking at the stars at ten that night and then we fell asleep. When I woke up, I surprised to see that I was in my room.
 
I looked at my clock and it read '2:00 am.' I looked over I saw that Kai was still awake. I smiled.
 
He had been watching me sleep.. again.
 
Why he does completely puzzles me. Although, its kinda cute but also kinda annoying.
 
What if I say something bad in my sleep? Then he will hear it.
 
"Hey Kai, why do you watch me in my sleep?" I mumbled. 
 
"Because its interesting to hear what you talk about in it." He told me, making my eyes look like big saucers.
 
What kind of things did he hear me say while I was asleep?
 
"What have I said just now?" I asked him with a groan.
 
I really can't stand it when he does this to me.
 
"Well.. just that you love me and something about making them let me go. Does that still bother you to this day?" he said.
 
"Well, sure it does. I don't care if it was a two years ago, or that they're in the middle of nowhere. I'm scared they'll still come back after you." I said, trying not to recall the memory.
 
About a two years ago ChinHwa, my older brother, and I had almost lost Juliette, his girlfriend, and Kai to this gang that was known for their wrongdoings. 
 
They held both of them captive while they were buying some food from the convenient store late at night. We tried all we can to get them back safe and alive. 
 
We told them that we would give them any amount of money they wanted. Fortunately, they accepted and let Juliette and Kai go. 
 
It's because of that incident that I had nightmares every night that they would come back to get them.
 
"You know that won't ever happen." he re-assured me.
 
"You promise?" I asked him, pointing my pinky finger out.
 
"Promise." he smiled at me as he associated our pinky fingers together.