Chapter One: Not Even an Hour

Be My Beautiful Target ((A b1a4 Love Story))

 

This would be the first time I spent summer away from home. I was flying to Korea to spend two months with my aunt, who had just recently opened a bakery and needed some extra help to get it going. I was a very good cook, usually I did the cooking instead of my mother because I did a better job then her, so it was instantly decided that I would come help her bake.

 

I had it planned out in my head that I would spend everyday cooking, or tending the large garden she had planted in her backyard, nothing to exciting. I guess I wasn't really expecting what I got. The plane ride was long but I dealt with it, excited to see my aunt after almost five years, and excited to go to the place where my parents came from, and my favorite music of course!

 

Exiting the plane into the large airport I looked around with a deep breath. My home language flooded my ears and I smiled. The people all looked happy, and I walked with a new feeling as I headed to the front of the airport. I guess with the new confidence I gained in my walk I learned not to pay attention to where I was going, because I bumped right into a guy.

 

"Mianhaeyo!" I apologized politely as he helped me up, since I had fallen back. I looked at him, having to look up a little bit from my shortness, and found a very handsome guy with a very attractive smile. He had his hood low over his face, but I could tell he had glasses, and I could see his smile well. Somehow I seemed like I recognized the smile, but how would I?

 

"It's cool." He said, and I recognized his voice, too. He helped pick up my bags like a gentleman, making me smile widely at him.

 

"Do you happen to know how far this is? I'm having to walk there." I asked, handing him a paper with the bakery address on it. He chuckled.

 

"That's pretty far, we could give you a ride, if you promise not to freak out. . . I mean, I'm not kidnapping. . . not freak out like that it's just. . ." He sighed and I had this feeling like I should be running away but something was attractive about the way he stuttered over his words. "Do you like K-Pop?" He asked finally, slowly. I nodded.

 

"Mhmm, I love it." I smiled. He smiled back.

 

"Do you know b1a4?" He asked. I nodded again, I loved that band, they were one of my favorites. He reached up and didn't pull his hood off, but lifted it so I could see his face momentarily. I almost fainted. "I'm CNU." I felt my smiling grow a million times wider, but I knew not to freak out.

 

"It's really nice to meet you, Shinwoo. I'm Bae Minki." He glanced at me like he was shocked, but glad, I hadn't reacted crazily. He shook my hand.

 

"It's nice to meet you, too." He said. "Now come on, we can give you a ride, I like that bakery anyway. The lady there is very nice." He smiled. "Who are you meeting there?" He asked suddenly.

 

"My aunt. . . I think she's the lady you're talking about. . . anyway, I'll be working there this summer." I smiled. His face lightened up.

 

"Really? So far we have a pretty empty summer, we'll probably visit a lot if that's the case." He winked, causing me to blush.

 

"That would be nice." I agreed. He took my hand gently as he leaded me around the airport like it was the back of his hand, I guess it was because they travel so much.

 

"Here we go." We got to the front doors and he opened the door for me. He looked around till he spotted their van then he began pulling me towards it gently. "Only Baro and the driver are in there right now, the others are at the dorm." He informed me as we began nearing the van.

 

"Okay." I smiled and he opened the door for me to climb in. I did so and Baro gave me a strange look until he noticed CNU climbing in behind me.

 

"Dang, warn me when you decide to let girls into the car." Baro's head dropped into his hands and I giggled, causing him to look up and smiling at me. "Who are you anyway?" He leaned forward interestedly.

 

"I'm Bae Minki." I shook his hand. "I ran into Shinwoo. . . literally, and he offered to drive me to my aunt's bakery." I explained. He nodded and rested his head back, yawning and complaining about being extremely tiered. I tilted my head. It was only afternoon.

 

The van pulled up in front of a pretty, small sized building. I thanked CNU and Baro, expecting to get out alone, but they began unbuckling.

 

"I'm starving." Baro said, getting out behind CNU, who agreed. They carried my bags, refusing to give me a single one, so all I had to do was open the door for them. There was a pretty lady standing behind the counter and the moment we walked in she squealed and hurried to hug me. I smiled, hugging her back.

 

"Hello Auntie Eun!" I said loudly, not able to control my excitement.

 

"Oh, Minki you have grown so much!!" Her eyes trailed over me then moved to the two boys I had followed inside. "Wow Minki, not in Korea for an hour and already meeting two idols?" My Aunt laughed. "That's okay, they're regulars."

 

"Already friends with idols." CNU smiled with a chuckle. My eyes widened and I stared at them. They both nodded laughing at my reaction and I bit my lips so I wouldn't scream. Wow. I looked them over again, mesmerized by their beauty, and by how sweet they had already been to me.

 

"Are you boys hungry? Ah, wait till Sandeul finds out you ate without him, you two will be in trouble." She pulled out two warm muffins and excepted CNU's money as Baro picked them up from the counter. "Just you boys wait till this beauty starts cooking." She patted my shoulder and I blushed, embarrassed.

 

"Auntie~" I laughed. Baro winked.

 

"Can't wait."