Epilogue (Jessica's POV)

Jealousy

24 October 2012

Pulling myself back from that memory from half a year ago that I wished to erase, I once again came face to face with my reflection in the mirror. Seeing the white nightgown, I let out a small cry, tearing fervently at the buttons in an attempt to get it off me. I quickly shrugged into an oversized tee, kicking the now torn nightgown to the far corner of my room.

Then it hit me.

Today was Krystal’s birthday.

Sinking to my knees, I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I rubbed it away angrily, chastising myself for my stupidity. How could I let jealousy steal my only sister away? Why had I been so heartless? How could I let that hatred surface, the one I always thought could easily be kept under wraps, the one I always believed barely existed in me?

Because of me, Krystal couldn’t even celebrate her thirteenth birthday. Because of me, my parents have become hollow shells, living each day in a daze. Because of me, because of me, because of me…

I bit my lip, slowly raising my eyes to face the girl that stared back at me in the mirror. Her eyes were not brown anymore.

I was staring at two piercing deep green eyes – eyes that held evil, eyes that held hatred, eyes that seemed to be tainted with the ghostly presence of my jealousy...

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!

I hope you've enjoyed this story :)

I'm in the process of coming up with new stories! I you'd like me to write one with your bias, please leave me a message and I'll do my best to weave him/her into my subsequent stories!