Date? Or Hang Out?

Prisoner of Life |Discontinued|
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was late in the afternoon on Friday that Youngae came up to Kiseop at work. They hadn't talked much since Saturday, mostly because they, including Sunhee, had been busy with work. Luckily, none of the girls seemed offended that Kiseop had left the club earlier than them.

"Kiseop," Youngae said sweetly. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow... it's Saturday, right?" Youngae confirmed by nodding her head. Kiseop thought for a bit if he had any plans, which he usually didn't have, but suddenly remembered he had promised to hang out with Soohyun. "No, I'm not."

Youngae looked disappointed. She swirled a lock of her brown hair round a finger and pouted, tilting her head to one side in a cute manner. "Really?"

"Yeah. I actually have plans," Kiseop said, not only to reconfirm it for Youngae, but also because it felt good to say it. He, Kiseop, had plans. On a Saturday. It hadn't happened often in his life, if you didn't count the past two weeks.

"I was going to ask you out again. But it can't be helped, can it?" Youngae said sadly, looking down.

"Oh." Kiseop's eyes widened when he heard her say that. He almost felt guilty. He was tempted to tell her he could cancel his plans and go out with her instead, but he and Soohyun were barely even friends yet, and it would maybe not be very good for their relationship if he did that. "I'd like to do that, but I already promised some friends to hang out with them," he said.

"In that case, you have to be with them," Youngae stated with a smile, and she even looked a bit relieved. "Maybe some other time?" Kiseop nodded a 'yes', and she winked at him before she left him alone.

Kiseop stood where he was, unmoving, for several minutes, thinking about how it suddenly hadn't been that hard to talk to the girl. He regretted having promised to go to Soohyun's place tomorrow, when he could have gotten a date with a girl. No, not a date. Kiseop never went on dates, had never been on one, and would probably never go on one either. Youngae only liked him as a friend and wanted to hang out with him as a friend. It wasn't a date. Kiseop didn't do dates. And he had missed that chance so it didn't matter what it was, or could have been. Only that it did. He wanted to believe it was a date, but he didn't dare to. He buried his face in his hands, annoyed. He thought too much.


--------------


Kiseop tried to make himself comfortable on the couch. It was Saturday evening and he sat with Kevin, Soohyun and Kibum on the couch in the apartment of the older two, watching a movie. Kibum had invited Kevin the day before, so Kevin had had a good reason to go there.

The couch wasn't very comfortable – made for three people and they were four big guys (Kevin was thin, but still) – and he didn't want his shoulders or thighs touching Kevin or Soohyun, who were sitting next to him, too much. He tried to make himself as small as possible and sat completely still in his position once he was positive he didn't touch anyone. Until someone else shifted and Kiseop had to shift

Please log in to read the full chapter