Our Fate

Our Fate (Sequel to A Memory Of Us/In the End

 

 

 

Life is unexpected. One minute you’re alone, the next you’re surrounded. One day you’re in love, the next you’re heartbroken. Life is a rollercoaster, it begins slowly and the rider is usually nervous, excited, and unsure of what he or she should be doing. There are unexpected twists and turns, high and lows. Then length will always vary...but eventually it will slow down, and come to an end, and then you will be given a choice if you’ll get off because you’re satisfied, happy or just because you’ve decided that you have enough, or, you’ll continue and do it again and again and again and with every turn you’ll learn a couple tricks that will make your journey enjoyable, and then you’ll go for another round just for the last time and then you’ll say “I have enough”, and you will get off the ride with a new found tricks, feeling proud that you did it and though at first you’re nervous and scared you overcome it and you enjoyed it, you will look at the eyes of those waiting for their turn with a satisfied smile in your face and you’ll say “the ride is worth the wait” but to some, they will get off the ride with a dissatisfied look on their faces because they were scared and miserable all throughout the ride, but still, they made it, they finished the course and although it’s such a pain to be sitting in there with their eyes closed, praying to God that the course will soon end, still, they made it, with a promise that the next day they will try again until they leave the ride happy and for the rest, will always have regret that they gave it up but too scared to try it again and they will end up wondering what it’s like to enjoy the ride.

 

 

 

In reality, the hardest part of being alive is deciding your fate. Sometimes there is a chapter in your life wherein you are stuck in a dilemma, where you can choose from or decide on two better things for the best of everyone, but the trickery of deciding is you keep on focusing on what you want and keep born ignorant of what is going on next. There is also a part where you are imaginatively imprisoned in the past and you have to decide to let it go and start all over again.

 

 

 

Jiyong looked up at clear blue sky, and he knew that today will be a glorious day. He can hear the waves softly whispering in his ear, but unlike before, it is like a soothing music calming his inner soul. The cool gentle breeze touched his skin, refreshing all his senses. It’s been six years, and now he’s back to the place that was a silent witness of his happiness and sorrow. He closed his eyes and the images of the past drifted slowly before him. And in all honesty, this was not how he had imagined how his life would turn out, or at least this isn’t what he expected his life will be after all that had happened. But who is he to complain, after all, he believes that he deserves it, whatever he had lost, whatever he had gained and whoever he is right now, there is no one to blame nor to be thankful for but him. Only him.

 

 

 

The irony of life….Like he always say…

 

 

 

And he wondered, if he made a wise decision. He wondered, what would have happened if he didn’t let go of that special person and he wondered if everything they have gone through for the last six years we’re all worth it.

 

 

 

 

Did he do the right thing?

 

 

 

 

Maybe….

 

 

 

Or Maybe not…..

 

 

 

He shrugged and shook his head, clearing his mind, as he scanned his surroundings, he doesn’t think that it was right to linger on the what-ifs… What is done is done…

 

 

 

He found his happiness, and he knows that she have found hers….

 

 

 

“Oppa…it’s time” Jiyong startled when a voice spoke behind him. He was surprised realizing that the sun is already starting to set. How long have he been standing there? He turned around and he was greeted by Minzy, he beamed at her...up until now he still couldn’t believe that she’s now a grown woman, and he is thankful that despite of what had happened between him and Dara, they never once blamed him. Smiling at Minzy, he gave her a nod and followed her to the place where a new chapter of his life will soon start.

 

 

 

 

During his entire life, he had dreaded for this day to come, it was funny when six years ago he already gave up this thought, he have to admit that when Dara left, she had taken his heart with her. He thought that something like today will no longer come to him.

 

 

 

He gasped when he finally saw the place. It was decorated with pastel hydrangeas, roses and ranunculus, complimenting the color of the sky, cocktail of red, purple, pink and orange. The water shimmered and shone with the yellow highlights glowing upon the waves and the slight breeze perfected the atmosphere. He could say that this is one of the most enchanting sunset he had ever seen, it was lovely, breath taking, a perfect picturesque scene. Rows of rows of chairs where lined up in perfect columns, the weight of their four legs crushing the sand. Every single seat was taken, taken by people he considered as his family. The same people who became his support and comfort during his darkest days. He couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed seeing their faces smiling warmly at him, he could feel that they are genuinely happy for him.  

 

 

 

He felt a gentle pat in his shoulder and when he turned around to face the owner of the hand, a warm smile crept on his lips seeing his best friend Youngbae, smiling at him, no words are needed for them to understand what the other wants to say, and he gave him a brotherly love, patting each other’s back in the process, the other one is giving his congratulations and the other, his thank you’s .

 

 

A thousand years

 

 

The quartet started to play a soft beautiful melody, but he could hardly hear the music, as he was watching her face as she gracefully walk down the aisle. She was wearing a greek inspired long flowy gown, the white delicate satin hugged her curves as the wind blows. Her hair was curled and tied up on one side decorated with a white hibiscus flower and in her hand is a hand tied bouquet of white rose. Their eyes met and he felt his chest tightens as different kinds of emotions started to build up inside him. And when she smiled at him, he just gave in as a tear escaped in his eye.

 

 

 

He thought he will never see her beautiful bright smile again, her smile that became his weakness and his strength, but most of all, he thought when she left six years ago, he will never see her again, he was devastated and broken than he already is that time.

 

 

 

Regret…

 

 

 

His only regret is letting himself hurt the only person he cared the most, he regretted breaking the heart of this amazing woman standing before him, her eyes staring deep in his eyes with gentleness, love and warmth. He regretted pushing her away when all she did was to stand beside him.

 

 

 

But everything happens for a reason.

 

 

 

She stared at him with worry in her face as she cupped his cheek, gently wiping his tear with her thumb. He gave her a smile, assuring her that he’s okay, she grinned at him when he place a gentle kiss the back of her hand. And together, they walk side by side, with hands joined together as they approach the altar where they will say their vows for each other, where they will ask the man from the heaven above to give them his blessing to be one, as husband and wife.

 

 

 

"Sandara Park, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your beauty, heart and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. I promise to love you for eternity, respect you, comfort you in time of distress. I promise to laugh with you and cry with you.""

 

 

 

Six years ago, I was a broken man, I let myself be drowned by my frustrations and my ache for freedom. I let myself be influenced by fame and money, forgetting the fact that I am hurting you. I chose to be apart from you in order to save you from my misery.

 

 

 

"Many people spend their lives searching for their soul mate, their one true love. Some people are lucky to find the person they can truly call the better half of themselves, while the others spend the rest of their lives searching and never finding. I am happy to count myself among the lucky ones because I found you.I love you Kwon Jiyong, I know you are the only one for me, my one true love. I am happy and I am grateful that you came into my life that where have spent their entire lives looking for the other one. I have found you, and now that I have found you, I shall never let you go. I promise you, that I shall hold you and cherish you, and give you my heart, that I shall support you and care for you. Be faithful to you, and will stand by your side with your hand in mine, regardless of what life would bring us."

 

 

 

Six years ago, you were a broken man. You were lost and wasn’t able to find your way back to the old you. You have broken my heart and thus, I lost myself to…I chose to be apart from you  to heal my broken heart, so I could come back to you and love you all over again.

 

 

 

No matter what path you choose to take, no matter what decision you make, if it’s meant for you, it will happen, it doesn’t matter when will it be, it may be today, tomorrow, or on your next life time, it’s just a matter of whether or not you’ve learned something from your journey or if you have enjoyed it or not. But most of all, It is a matter of what you have become at the end of the journey.

 

 

 

And to both Jiyong and Dara, in their journey to life and love, they both lost their ways, both took a different road separating them, but  their fates had brought them back together and as they reached the end of the road, they meet again and this time, they will take the next journey of their lives, as one.