Less Complicated...Perhaps?

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Being the CEO of 2K Financial Group was a very difficult job. The Kwons and Kims, in order for their merge to happen, arranged a marriage for Yul and Taeyeon. Despite the separation, Yul remained CEO while Taeyeon's dad is the Chairman of the board, Yul's father is the President and Taeyeon's mom the COO. In a corporation with many different businesses otherwise called a conglomerate, a single officer-in-charge of every day-to-day activity and business is important.

 

Yul was elected as the CEO of the board of directors, a responsibility he didn't expect would be given to him in a flash. To be honest at first he was happy and proud of it but nowadays he is tired about it. He can't give up the position though. No one's taking it yet. The COO who is next in line with the position is already old and has no intention of being the CEO. Grandma Kim intend to hand over her position to Yoong but he isn't exactly fond of taking over the business. That's why Yul and Taeyeon are still in the middle of convincing their son to try learning the dynamics of the business world. Taeyeon even said she'll take a break in the entertainment world and personally teach Yoong how to run the company.

 

Of course even though she was a celebrity, Taeyeon still grew up with her parents taeching her how to run the company. It was unfortunate for the Kims because all three of their children decided to skip the business world and pursued their own paths.

 

And now here is Yul, talking on the phone with his son Yoong who just arrived from his ten day honeymoon trip.

 

"Yoong... Did you see your new house already? Your mom personally picked the materials and she hired a professional interior designer for that."

 

Yul swivelled his chair over the right in search of a file in his drawer.

 

"But dad.... It's pink! Everything is pink!"

 

Yul chuckled as he listened to his son complain about their overly pink bedroom. He too was surprised when he visited the place the other day when Taeyeon invited him to look at the place. The bedrooms, the master bedroom and guest room, were in pink, the kitchen and the rest of the house wasn't in pink but the curtains were. Yul thought even the bathrooms were in pink but he was glad to see the wall and tiles aren't anything like that.

 

"Did Tiffany request our house to be in pink dad?!"

 

"Yoong... Relax. Tiffany has nothing to do with that. Your mom did everything on her own. If you have any complaints, talk to her."

 

There was a pause on the line and Yul guesses Yoong was pondering about talking to his mom.

 

"But if I complain then mom would probably tell me I'm not appreciative of her work."

 

"So?"

 

"Aish... You're talking that way because it's not gonna be you who'll experience her guilt trip."

 

"Whatever Yoong. I have things I want to talk to you but I'm sure you're tired so I'll you rest now. See you later."

 

With that Yul hang up when finally found the file he's been looking for. The moment he has pulled it out, a knock was heard.

 

"Come in."

 

The door swung open and in came Jessica with two plastic bags Yul would guess some snack.

 

"I bought you lunch. Are you free?" She beamed widely.

 

Yul got off his chair and followed her. His office had two long couches facing each other with a table in between. She occupied the right one while he sat on the left one.

 

"It's just samgyupsal, ddokbukki and kimbap. Sorry. I just bought them along the way." She smiled sheepishly at him while setting the table.

 

He didn't mind the cheap snacks since his grumbling stomach could care less of the price of what he'll eat. Besides he use to love these kind of snacks. Taking on of her hand when she finished setting the table, he flashed her a bright smile.

 

"Thank you for coming. You don't know how much I've been dying to see you."

 

While Yoong was away for his honeymoon, Yul himself was also away to finalize the partnership with Lakewood Resorts. He barely saw Jessica for a week and when they get to talk through their phones they have to quickly hang up because they also have businesses to attend to.

 

"It's alright. The Finals week is done so my workload is lessened. But the next semester is right around the corner so it'll be just a quick break for me."

 

She forked a piece of ddok, popping it inside his awaiting mouth. It has been a while since they spent time together.

 

"Listen... I told you before I'm getting a new apartment right?"She started as she watched Yul pop another piece of kimbab into his mouth.

 

His forehead creased in desperate attempt of remembering such talk. "Ah. Yes, you did."

 

"I got one already."

 

"Huh? But isn't that too sudden? You could have asked me to help you look for one."

 

"You were busy. Besides it wasn't hard finding one since I have a broker friend. In fact she didn't have to search that much since she knew a place I was looking for."

 

"Is that so? When will you purchase it?"

 

"I already did."

 

Yul frowned. "Huh? Why didn't you tell me? I could have done that."

 

"What? Yah, are you underestamating me? I'm an English Professor in Yonsei University and an understudy for the Dean of the English Department."

 

"Still... I could have helped you. And why did you buy it without looking at the place?"

 

"I did look at the place two days ago and I love it. I didn't plan to buy it immediately since I can still look around for more units but seeing it the first time I fell in love with the place!"

 

Being rash wasn't really Jessica's strong point, Yul knew that. Whenever she found something she likes she doesn't waste any time getting it. And so even when it bothered him why she has decided to transfer to a new place at a very short time, her rashness has given him the answer.

 

"Are you done moving in?"

 

"Actually that's the reason why I'm here." She batted her lashes prettily followed by the greasy wave of her brows. He can only chuckle at the gestures knowing she's going to ask a favor. "Can you help me unpack my things? I'm done moving in yesterday but the place is a mess right now."

 

And his guess was right.  He scoffed while chewing the free from cucumber kimbap. There are times when Jessica treat him as a manual laborer whenever he's at her place but he doesn't really care about that since every time he helps out he is rewarded with a steamy right after.

 

"Of course." He beamed happily when she let a squeal, running over to his side to give him a big hug. "When shall we start?"

 

"Well, I'm the one asking the favor so I won't demand the time. You're a busy person afterall."

 

"Okay, how about tomorrow?"

 

"Kyaaa! Thank you so much!"

 

He couldn't wipe the grin off him when she peppered kisses all throughout his face. How he love this kind of short, sweet moments with Jessica!

 

 

****

 

 

Tiffany chuckled at the sight of her now husband Yoong laying on the couch in the living after they arranged a few of the house furnitures. They just returned from their honeymoon, unpacked their stuff and organized the house so it was pretty tiring especially for Yoong who did most of the heavy stuff.

 

"Honey." She was still new with the use of petnames and such since it give her stomach the butterflies but she love calling Yoong, her husband, with terms of endearment she has been wanting to do for the longest time. "If you're tired you should go to our room and rest."

 

He shot up and kicked his legs around. "The room is pink!"

 

"So? It's beautiful."

 

"You're unbelievable! Why do you like pink anyway? And why is the house pink? I feel gay!"

 

"Are you?"

 

He stared scandalously at her with wide eyes and open mouth. "What?"

 

"Stop complaining, would you? The house is beautiful. Besides, you're over reacting. The entire house isn't in pink, which is by the way a waste, it's only the bedrooms."

 

He scoffed. Her love for pink is unbelievable. "Did you tell mom to design the house in pink?"

 

"I didn't. Maybe she just felt it, you know, she's also a woman and pink is the first thing that comes to mind."

 

Jumping off the couch, he went over the kitchen in search of anything to drink. He was tired and drained and he needed to replenish.

 

"Looks like we have to do the grocery." The moment he opened the fridge except for eggs, bottle of waters and fruits, there was nothing they can cook for their dinner later.

 

He grabbed a bottle of water, gulping it down until his dry throat has been lubricated. He let a content sigh as he throw the now empty bottle on the trash bin.

 

Tiffany went to their room to get her purse and also to change her clothes since her shirt is drenched in sweat.

 

Fortunately speaking the complex the are in is in a very good location. It is near the train station, near a grocery store and shopping mall, heck even food shops in case they want take away dinner if they get lazy to cook. Hwang Enterprise is minutes of drive away, same with 2K Towers and Taeyeon's studio. It looks like Taeyeon also considered Yoong's outgoing lifestyle since thir location is also near Cheondamdong and Gangnam were high class bars and clubs are.

 

"What do you want for dinner?" asked Tiffany as they pushed the cart along the frozen meat area.

 

"Hmmm..." Yoong was pondering for a while. He craved for Korean Foods since they have been out of the country for ten days. "Soy bean stew and Galbi!"

 

Tiffany giggled at her over excited husband. She bought the ingredients needed and the things they'll need for the next few days. Yoong was the one pushing the cart with Tiffany holding it in front, leading him wherever she need to go.

 

"Do you want to invite your parents over?"

 

They are now at the counter paying for the grocery when the question popped into Tiffany's mind.

 

"No. I want to rest for tonight. Maybe next time."

 

Since the grocery store is near their new house they didn't have to use their car at all and they have the luxury of walking back together hand in hand, a thing Tiffany is grateful about.

 

The moment they reached home, Tiffany told Yoong to go rest while she organize the grocery and make their dinner. And Yoong, too tired to even protest, obey like a little kid. He entered their bedroom completely forgetting his hate for the pink interior.

 

Tiffany beamed happily at her new found role: a house wife. She isn't used to it yet but she's getting there. She was about to walk to the kitchen when Yoong's phone that is sitting by the kitchen counter buzzed an alert.

 

Curious as to who it was, she went over the counter to peek at the sender.

 

"Oh. It's Jessica unnie."

 

She didn't know Yoong and Jessica were close to the point wherein they exchange texts. She grasped Yoong's phone when curiosity got the best of her. Should she read the message and personally tell it to Yoong or  just let Yoong read it himself?

 

Her thumb hovered over the Read button. She her lips in contemplation and after thinking about it, she set the phone down.

 

She has decided not to read it. They might be married but they still have their own personal space and privacy to respect. She wouldn't want Yoong to read her messages as well.

 

Yoong told her before that when Yul is out of the country he ask him to pick Jessicaa from the University. Maybe that's the reason she and Yoong are close besides the fact that she's his father's girlfriend.

 

"Ack! It's almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter