Chapter 5

please ... don't forget 'us'

 

October 22nd, 2011

Yesung headed towards the school principle’s office on a wintery Saturday morning. “Mr. Han.” Yesung called, knocking on the door. Mr. Han looked up to see who was at the door. “Ah, Yesung, you know you can call me Hangeng right?” He greeted. Yesung nodded. “I prefer calling you Mr. Han… Mr. Han.” Yesung said. Mr. Han nodded. “Take a seat.” Mr. Han said. Yesung nodded and sat down in front of Mr. Han. “I came to speak to you this morning because I need to tell you that I am going back to Korea.” Yesung said. Mr. Han was surprised. “This means, I’ll be leaving this school.” Yesung said. Mr Han sighed. “Jong Woon… you are one of my best students. What made you make this decision?” he asked. Yesung swallowed. “It is personal.” Yesung explained. Mr. Han nodded. “Oh, I understand.” He said. Yesung cracked his fingers. “I’m sorry for the shocking news.” He bowed. Mr. Han was speechless. Mr Han gave Yesung paper. “What’s this?” he asked. “It’s your exit form that you need to sign… just so the college knows that you are leaving.” Mr Han explained. Yesung nodded and proceeded to sign the paper. After he signed it, he handed it back to Mr Han. “You may leave the college now.” Mr Han instructed. Yesung nodded and headed to the door. “Mr Han.” He called. Mr Han looked at him. “Yes?” Yesung sighed. “I’ll come back… eventually.” Yesung said. Mr Han nodded. “Good bye for now, Yesung.” Mr Han waved. Yesung stood at the door and bowed.

Donghae was in his studio, studying a new song. He held the song lyrics in his hand and studied the English words. The song he was studying had a very big meaning towards it. He remembered singing it to his father… and to Yesung. He closed his eyes and had a flashback to the first time he sang in front of Yesung.

Donghae and Yesung went out to the park. Donghae had set out a lovely picnic blanket and he had the food ready for the two of them. Yesung took some food and fed it to Donghae. “Hey, this is food for you.” Donghae laughed. Yesung smiled. “I want my fishy to eat.” Yesung said as he continued to feed him. Donghae smiled and he decided to feed Yesung. “I want my turtle to eat too.” Donghae smiled, feeding Yesung some food. After they ate, Donghae stood up, holding a piece of paper. “What are you doing?” Yesung asked, gazing at Donghae. Donghae smiled back “I’m going to sing to you.” Yesung’s heart warmed up and he smiled. Donghae cleared his throat and began to sing.”You are my everything, nothing your love won’t bring. My life is yours alone, the only love I’ve ever known. Your spirit pulls me through, when nothing else will do. Every night I pray, on bended knee, that you will always be, my everything.” Yesung began to cry. “Donghae, thank you.” He said, wiping his tears. Donghae smiled. “No thank you… for being with me and listening to me.” Donghae said. “I love you.” Yesung’s heart raced. “I love you too, Donghae.”

Zhou Mi, Henry, Victoria and Yesung were sitting in the café. “Why are we here?” Victoria asked Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi looked at Yesung. “Yeah… why are we here, Yesung?” Zhou Mi asked. “I have something to tell you guys.” He said, clearing his throat. “What is it? Henry asked, acting as if he didn’t know. He cleared his throat again. “I’m leaving this school … because I’m going back to Korea.” He explained. Zhou Mi’s mouth dropped and so did Henry’s. “So you are going forever?” Henry asked. “Probably.” He said, leaning back on his chair. Henry and Zhou Mi went silent. “Zhou Mi, I’m going to the bathroom. I’ll be back.” Victoria said to Zhou Mi as she got up. “Okay darling.” He said. Zhou Mi looked at Yesung. “Are you actually serious about this?” he asked. Yesung nodded. “So you thought about what I said for a year?” He asked. Yesung nodded again. “Yeah, I’m sorry, Zhou Mi.” Yesung mumbled. Zhou Mi looked at Henry. “Henry, you don’t seem to be reacting to this.” Zhou Mi pointed out. Henry his lips. “That’s because … I was the one who convinced him to go back to Korea.” He explained. Zhou Mi was dumbfounded. “You convinced him to go back?” Henry nodded. Zhou Mi looked back to Yesung. “When are you leaving?” he asked his voice turning soft. Yesung looked down and sighed. “As soon as possible.” He said. Henry and Zhou Mi fell silent. Henry sighed. “I have to go.” He said, getting up from the table. Zhou Mi and Yesung looked at him. “I’m going to go too-“”What about Victoria?” Yesung asked. Zhou Mi looked in the direction where the bathrooms were. “There she is. Victoria!” Zhou Mi called as he walked away from Yesung. Yesung sighed. I might as well leave too he thought.

“Do you know where Donghae went?” Eunhyuk asked, walking into Siwon’s house. “You could knock first.” He joked. Eunhyuk looked at Siwon and tilted his head. “Ha ha. You’re not funny.” Eunhyuk said. Siwon shrugged. Eunhyuk sat down. “How is your new boyfriend?” Siwon winked. Eunhyuk blushed. “Shut up.” He joked. Eunhyuk cleared his throat and sighed. “Do you know where he went?” Eunhyuk asked again. Siwon thought for a while. “I should still be in his house.” Siwon explained. Eunhyuk got annoyed. “Gee, I would have guessed.” Eunhyuk sighed. Siwon looked around. “Then what are you doing here if you knew Donghae was at his house?” Siwon asked. Eunhyuk ruffled his hair and sighed. “I don’t know. I’m going to see him now.” He announced and slammed the door behind him as he walked to his boyfriend’s house.

Donghae mumbled the lyrics to the song as he leaned back in his chair. The lyrics bought a tear to his eyes and he was smiling at the thought that he was going to sing it to Eunhyuk later. He logged onto his Skype account and wrote a new status. This song is coming along great. Can’t wait to sing it to that special someone. He hit clicked send and published it. As he logged off of Skype, he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes and let the song take over. Suddenly, his phone vibrated on the table and caught Donghae’s attention. “What?” he mumbled. He leaned foreword and picked up his phone. Eunhyuk was calling him. “Eunhyuk-“”What a great boyfriend you are!!!” Eunhyuk yelled. “Huh?” Donghae asked. ”How come you don’t answer your door when people knock?!!” he asked, irritated. Donghae stopped the music. “I couldn’t hear the door.” He said, slowly. Eunhyuk sighed. “Just come and answer the freaking door. I’ve been waiting here for at least a good half hour. Just get your up and answer the freaking door.” Eunhyuk demanded. “Alright, I’m coming.” He said. He hung up the phone and walked to the door. He answered the door and saw an irritated and angry Eunhyuk. “Finally.” He mumbled and slipped his shoes off as he walked in.

“Eunhyuk, why are you here?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk shot a look at Donghae. “Did it suddenly become illegal to see my boyfriend?” he asked. Donghae shook his head and smiled. “It didn’t… but it became illegal for you to be angry at me.” Donghae pouted. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae. “I’m sorry.” He said. Donghae sighed. “It’s okay.” He sighed. Donghae shot up from the couch and put his hands together. “Come to my studio. I prepared something for you.” Donghae said, grabbing Eunhyuk’s hand and leading him into the music studio. Eunhyuk tilted his head as he got into the studio. “Why am I here?” he asked. Donghae pressed play on the instrumental and began to sing. “You are my everything, nothing your love won’t bring. My life is yours alone, the only love I’ve ever known. Your spirit pulls me through, when nothing else will do. Every night I pray, on bended knee, that you will always be my everything.” Eunhyuk blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what just happened. “Didn’t you like it?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk sighed and shook his head. “I’m not saying that it’s bad how you sang to me but when it comes to relationships, I don’t like it when people do sweet things for me. I don’t appreciate those small things.” Eunhyuk said. Donghae swallowed and sighed. “I spent almost five hours preparing this song for you! You didn’t even say thank you!!” Donghae yelled, dropping the control on the floor. “Yesung appreciated the little things I did for him.” Donghae mumbled. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae. “You still love Yesung don’t you?” Eunhyuk asked.

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk. His eyes began to get watery and his heart began to hurt. He stayed silent. Eunhyuk sighed. “Donghae, answer me. Do you still love him?” he asked. Donghae raised his head up and looked at the ceiling. Eunhyuk was still waiting for the answer from Donghae. “I … I still love him.” Donghae managed to say while tears fell from his eyes. Eunhyuk sighed. “So, all this time that you have been dating me, you still thought about Yesung?” Eunhyuk asked. Donghae nodded. “I did. I thought about him so much. My heart hurt every time.” Donghae said. “Every single time I thought about him, it made me miss him so much more.” Donghae mumbled. Eunhyuk remained silent. “I hate living with the thought that I was the one who broke up with him. It hurts so much, you know?” he asked, continuing to cry. “All I want right now is for him to come back.” Donghae begged. Eunhyuk sighed. “I don’t mean to put more sadness into your life but… since you’ve said all these things, I think you deserve Yesung and not me. I was nothing but a distraction to you. I couldn’t make you happy, Yesung could. I couldn’t do half the things Yesung managed to do.” Eunhyuk explained. Donghae swallowed. “Are you saying we should break up?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk nodded. “It’s just not working out between the two of us.” Eunhyuk said. Donghae nodded. “I think that’s a good idea.” Donghae agreed. “I’m sorry.” Eunhyuk said, getting off the chair and hugging Donghae. “This might sound weird coming from me but go get Yesung back.” Eunhyuk smiled and kissed Donghae on the forehead. “I’ll miss you.” Donghae mumbled. Eunhyuk sighed. “It’s for the best okay? You have Yesung. He’ll treat you well.”

______________________________________________________________
Hello!! Sorry for not updating D: How were your holidays?
Do you guys like the new poster I made for this fan fic? I thought the other one wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be.
So I hope you like the new poster ^^