I want to be your Prince Charming.

Fairy tales do exist.

 

"Bye mum! Bye dad! I'm going to school now!" I shouted across the hall of my house to my dad and mum. And skipped out of my house. I waved everyone good bye as I walked to the bus stop. 
 
Suddenly there was a huge roar of thunder, followed by a few water droplets which then escalated into a heavy downpour in no time. A big curtain of dark clouds draped over the sky. 
"Just my luck!!" I groaned, remembering that I forgotten to bring an umbrella with me. Oh dear, what am I going to do? The rain was getting heavier and I was nowhere near any shelter. My clothes were soaked through.
 
Out of the blue, a tall and muscular man dashed past me, pushing me over, causing both of us to fall on the floor. 
 
"HEY! Watch where you're going! Have you got no eyes?" The man snapped at me, furrowing his eyebrows. I noticed his clothes were soaked through too, exposing his broad chest. 
"Excuse me? You're the one that pushed me over now you're blaming me?" I scolded the guy, who seemed to be around my age.
 "Aish..." The tall man rolled his eyes at me and picked up his bag, continuing on his way. I couldn't quite make out his face but his arms were filled with muscles as though he had been working out every single day. 
What is his problem? He was the one that bumped into me. Today really isn't my day. Firstly, it is raining so heavily and now this unreasonable guy. I felt so hopeless. 
 
"Miyoung! Miyoung!" I looked ahead and noticed a skinny figure. Oh! It's Taemin! He was carrying an umbrella and running to me.  
"What happened?? Why are you wet? Aren't you suppose to be in school?" Taemin shot me an avalanche of questions and soon, I felt that there wasn't any rain pouring on me anymore. I felt safe. "Long story.. I'll tell you again next time." I hugged Taemin's waist. "Thank you. You're always here when I need you." 
Taemin giggled. "I was on my way to collect something from the convenient store but its okay, let's get you to school." 
 
"Hwang Miyoung! You're late again!" Mrs Kim thundered at me. "You're hopeless. Every week I would always see you coming in after 8am. Don't you know the rules? Schools starts at 8am." She pointed her index finger at me.
Wow great, not her again. I stood alongside a guy, who was late too. "Detention room, now!! both of you!" 
 
I followed Mrs Kim to the detention room along with the guy. He had broad shoulders and he looked familiar...... 
"Onew, Miyoung, both of you will serve detention until 5pm today. This is your punishment" Mrs Kim spoke with finality in her voice. 
 
I sat down on my usual seat and the guy sat down on my right. Onew? Never heard his name before, must be new? i scrutinized at his face, trying to see who is.
 
"What is it? Haven't you seen a handsome guy before?" He frowned.
Before I could rebut, I remembered where I had seen him before. Hey, isn't he the guy who bumped into me just now? 
"Excuse me? Coming from a guy who had trouble balancing." I rebutted 
 
He stared at me, confused. Followed by an annoyed expression on his face. "Oh, you're the girl bumped into me. You fat ." 
 
"YOU-" 
 
"Quite please, this is a detention room not a market." The guard sounded. 
 
I glared at Onew. And he smirked. Oh he will be the death of me! I will deal with him after school. He better watch out.
 
"Hey Miyoung! Wanna go for dinner?" My usual group of friends, Taeyeon, Jessica and Nana spoke in harmony. "Ah, I can't I need to help Taemin do something today, I can't, sorry." I answered, remembering I had to do something for Taemin, my friends, and onew, can wait. 
"Alright then" 
 
"Taemin! Are you home?"
"Yeah I'm in the kitchen!" 
 
I rushed to the kitchen and found him in his usual messy hair, staring at a pile of wet clothes, scratching his head. 
"Hey."
"What's that?" I pointed to the pile of a crumpled clothing on the floor. 
"Ah.. My parents went overseas to visit their relatives and they left me to do the laundry for them, the problem is, I don't know how to wash clothes and you have to-" 
"Help you wash?"
"Yes! Yes! Please Miyoung!" He violently shook my arm. 
"Pleasee I'll do anything!" He gave me his puppy eyes that I could never say no to. He's always like this! Although he's 25 but he acts like he's 5 years old! How could I say no to his persistent pleading and cute pout? 
"Fine. But I won't do everything. I'll teach you how to wash." 
"YES! Thank you Miyoung! Love you!!" He broke into a smile and threw himself at me, wrapping his arms around my waist. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Ah! Finally finish!" both of us fell backwards on to his bed, covered in sweat.
"I didn't know washing clothes would be this tiring!" Taemin heaved. I giggled. 
He then rolled to my side and lifted his head, so that his face is now a few centimeters away from mine. I could feel his breath against my cheeks. "Thank you Miyoung" Taemin smiled gently and pecked my forehead. The feeling of his lips lingered at the area where he kissed. He used to do that alot to me, but why am I feeling like this is the first time? He slowly rested his head on my shoulder. "Remember how we used to have heart to heart talks all the time? How long didn't we have one?" Taemin spoke calmly. 
"Like a million years!" I answered.
I admit, I missed those times where we could talk about anything under the sun, what was limiting us was only time.
 
"Describe to me your ideal girl, Taemin." 
 
"Mine? My girlfriend must be kind hearted, helpful, long silky hair, pretty eyes, not necessarily have to be beautiful, all I care about is her heart. She has to be filial and have to love me as much as I love her." I paused. "What about you, Miyoung?" 
 
Taemin's POV. 
 
"What about you, Miyoung?" 
 
"Mine? Haha, mine will be my Prince Charming, he has to dress like one and act like one. Just one look I would know that he would be my Prince Charming, just one look i will know he's the one for me. Just that, he hasn't appeared in my life yet. He doesn't have to be outstandingly handsome, he just need to have a heart of gold and love my family as much as he loves me." Miyoung spoke with confidence. 
I nodded in return.
 
"Prince charming?" I sat up, with my back facing Miyoung who was lying down on my bed. "Miyoung, I have something to tell you, I....I....I like someone already, I liked her for a long time. She was the prettiest girl I have ever met, her heart was practically made of gold. And...I.. Miyoung, the girl is you."
 
I waited for a reply, but there was silence.
 
"Miyoung, I want to be your Prince Charming. I want to be there for you everyday, to care for you and protect you." 
 
Still silence.
 
 "Miyoung...I..I know you must be shocked but can you at least reply me something!" I whipped my head around to find Miyoung in a deep sleep. Her eyes were shut and her pretty and long eyelashes laid below her eyes.
I sighed. And lowered my head, i got closer and closer until my lips touched her lips. Her soft lips were amazing to kiss, It taste like strawberry. I looked up and gazed at her face after stealing a kiss.
"You're so beautiful." I whispered. 
 
My eyelids got heavier and heavier, now it was my turn to fall into deep slumber. 
 
//
author's note: 2nd chapter whoopee! Please give me lots of support! 많이많이 사랑해주세요! ㅎㅅㅎ
Good? ? Need improvements? Comment and I'll reply! :) Thank you! 
-bluewhale.