Hwang Miyoung.

Fairy tales do exist.

Miyoung's POV

I was your normal girl-next-door 24 year old living in a shop house. My parents have a family business that sells ddukbokki in the market. Every day after school I would come to the shop and help my parents manage it, while they went home to rest. Yup, you guessed it. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and unlike those korean dramas they show, I don't have a pretty face, kick body or fantastic brains. None. But hey, I was the princess in the market, they call me princess rice cake.  My obsession with fairy tales is that much. You may call me stupid and say, hey, there are no such things as fairy tales. I beg to differ. They say if you keep believing, it would come true, right?
 
"Hey! Princess!" A familiar voice called out. I shot my head up and saw Taemin. He was tall, his skin was so silky smooth. His messy hair complemented his small face. And his lips, oh boy his plum lips that would always show a shade of pink. Taemin was my best friend, I grew up together him although he was a year older than me, I treated him like my own brother. He was that close to me. When i took a closer look, his face was flushed in bright pink, sweat was dripping down his forehead and his rosey cheeks contrasted his bright, milky skin. He was panting heavily. "Princess..... Opp..... Opposite..." He told me in between breaths, "there is a stall opposite that sells your favorite banana milk. And only at $1!"
 
Oh goodness!!! My favorite banana milk!!! At $1!!!! Without hesitation, Taemin grabbed my hand and started running towards the direction of the stall. My legs ran as fast as it could! I have been finding that banana milk everywhere and I couldn't find anywhere that sold it!! Excitement overtook me as imagined the cold sweet juice drip down my throat. Yum. I tried to keep up with Taemin, who was still grabbing my hand tightly.
 
 "Yah!!! You're hurting me!" 
 
"Shut up and run!!! He's leaving in 5minutes!!" 
 
Taemin was quite a runner. 
 
Finally, we reached the destination. But all of a sudden, my legs went jelly and I slipped, falling face flat on to the floor. "Ouuhhhh" my knees had a burning sensation and I felt something dripping down my elbows and knees. 
 
"Oh my god you clumsy idiot!! The man is leaving!! Aish. Wait here I'm going to buy it for you." With that, Taemin ran towards the man who was pushing a cart and leaving within minutes. 
 
Taemin just left me there, bleeding. 
 
"Aigoo my legs are so pain. Arggh, they're bleeding...." I sat up, looking at blood oozing out of the wound, with multiple scratches on my arms and legs. 
"This idiot!!" I mumbled to myself, cursing and swearing at taemin. 
 
"Yah, why are you cursing me when I helped you buy your favorite drink, you ungrateful brat!" Taemin squatted infront of me and handed me a bottle of banana milk. My eyes immediately lit up when I saw it. "Wow!!!!! Strawberry flavour!!" I snatched the bottle from Taemin and immediately started to gulp down the drink, ignoring whatever pain I was feeling. With banana milk, I can endure everything and anything.
 
"See, once there is banana milk you forget everything." Taemin laughed at me as he rubbed the top of my head. "You look like a 10 year old!" He then squeezed my cheeks "aigoo so cute" he mumbled under his breathe but I could still make out what he said. However, I didn't care. Taemin scanned my legs and arms, "how are you going to walk home with all these!" He then helped me up. "I'll piggy back you." He gently said and put me on his back. How long as it been that he was carrying me? 2 years? 5 years? Wow, that's a long time. Taemin staggered awhile but steadied himself in the end. "You need to lose weight, fatty."
 
"Shut up!" 
 
Taemin laughed. Ah, his laughter. Taemin's laughter was the sound I yearned for every single day. The sound of his laughter would make me forget about all my worries and troubles. His laughter made me feel at ease, no matter how much trouble I was having at school or at home, hearing his laughter would make me happy again. 
I hugged taemin's neck. "Remember the time when you used to piggy back me from my house to yours?" I said. "And how we always played with the dogs at Jonghyun's house." 
"Yeah, I remember, we used to eat seaweed for lunch at my house everyday." 
 
Taemin's POV.
 
"Yeah, I remember, we used to eat seaweed for lunch at my house  everyday." I told Miyoung. I missed those times. Those times where we used to play every single day, without any worries. All we had and needed was the both of us. We were inseperable.
 
There was a secret I kept to myself for a few years. To be honest, yes, I loved Miyoung. I didn't treat her like my little sister. I want her, I want her to be mine. All those times we spent together will never be forgotten. I fell in love with her bright personality, her perky lips, long silky hair and most important of all, her sparkling eyes, whenever I looked into them, my troubles magically disappear, it was like my escape. How people used music and sleep to escape, me, Lee Taemin, have Miyoung's eyes as my escape, her eyes sparkled in the sunlight and whenever she smiled, she had the best and prettiest eye smile anyone could ever have.
 
I love Hwang Miyoung, but unfortunately, she can't know that. She deserves someone better than me. Someone would give her a future and not someone who works at a market. I'm not her Prince Charming nor will I ever be, she would eventually find her own Prince Charming who would love her, care for her and spoil her. 
As I carried Miyoung on my back, walking to my house, we chatted and talked about how we played in the past. 
 
"Remember how I splashed water at your birthday dress? You should have seen your expression! It was priceless!" I said to Miyoung. "Hahaha! Yes I remember! You ! Took me forever to choose that dress and you had to spoil it!" Miyoung said in between giggles and laughs. Oh boy her laugh. It was like music to my ears. I hope I can be by her side all the time and listen to her laugh, see her happy. Her laugh was all I looked forward listening to every single day. How I wonder if she ever feels the same way as I do? Nah, can't be, never will be. What am I thinking? I'm just a person who works at a market, I don't deserve her. I don't deserve Miyoung at all. 
 
But hey, I have to tell her that I like her right? If not she'll never know. Should I tell her?
 
 
 
-------------------
Authors note: Hello, first story i have ever wrote. Suddenly got an urge to start writing. Good? ? Need improvement? I'll reply all of your comments. Thank you!! ^^
- bluewhale.