Miss You, Love You

Maybe I'm Missing You

 

"Yah, that was a wild night, wasn't it?" he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I could barely move by myself, so his body was good support as I headed upstairs to my apartment door.

"It was fun though," I cooed back. I stumbled onto my door as I figited to look for the keys in my purse. I managed to get them and unlock the door, making us both fumble onto the floor. "Thanks for a great time, Baekhyun."

"It was my pleasure," he replied as he got up brushing himself. He gave me a hand up and brushed my dress free of dirt. "Well, I should get going now."

"Wait, do you want to spend the night over? You aren't sober enough to drive home!" I warned.

"You aren't sober enough to offer a guy a night in your apartment," he chuckled. "Maybe another time when we aren't both drunk. I don't want to take advantage of you," he grinned. I smiled, knowing that he had good intentions. "I'll see you another time," he wrapped his arms around me again.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Okay, just call me when you're available." We exchanged farewells, and he was out the door.

I managed to walk all the way to the couch without tripping on my clumsy feet. I planted myself on the couch and sighed. I checked my phone to see it was 3am. "Ah, I have work in four hours," I whined. I sat up, but ended up crashing back down on the couch. My head landed on something white and soft. I looked to see what it was. It was a white teddy bear wearing a red scarf and matching red hat. I embraced it into my arms. I remember where I got the bear. I looked at it in disgust, but I hugged it. 

"Stupid bear.." I muttered into its fluffy skin. "Stop reminding me of him." I sighed and decided I should try to sleep in my own bed. I got up, with the bear still in my arms. I walked down my bedroom corridor and looked at the photos hanging in the hallway. They were pictures of us. Pictures of me and Chanyeol. The top right one was taken on our first date to the amusement park where he won me the bear in my arms. The one on the far left was taken a few months later when we had our first kiss. I smiled at the photos, thinking of Chanyeol. Then I remembered that I wasn't supposed to be happy, and I stormed off into my bedroom quickly.

I laid down in my bed and turned my head to look out the window. It was pouring. Even the rain reminded me of Chanyeol. The rain is how we met in the first place. He offered me an umbrella and company on my way home, and that's how it all started.

I covered my face with a pillow and I screamed into it. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD, PARK CHANYEOL!"

Just then, there was a knock at the door. I quickly sat up and checked the time on my phone again. "Who would come here at three in the morning?" I muttered. As I made my way to the door, I thought it could be Baekhyun who decided to take my offer in staying here for the night. 

I unlocked the door and opened it. "So did you finally decide you wanted to stay the ni-" I paused. I was in shock.

He stood there soaked to the bone. He was shivering and he didn't look too well. "..H-Hi," he said so faintly. "..D-Do you mind if I c-come in?"

"Sure, c-come, in Chanyeol," I stuttered. He bowed and made his way in. I closed the door behind him and just stood there facing the door. Why is he here at this time? Why would he come here in the first place? Is this fate?

I turned to see him standing there dripping wet staring at me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hug him and warm him up or slap him. But I just stood there staring back at him. "You should change," I said as I looked away. "I'll make you something warm to eat."

He nodded and headed to my bedroom, leaving a trail of water as he went. "Hang your wet clothes on top of the shower doors when you're done," I yelled.

I made my way to the kitchen and tried to look for something to make for him. "Crap, I forgot to go for a grocery run," I hissed. I searched high and low in every cabinet to see what I could fetch. After searching the whole kitchen, I managed to find a box of pancake mix. "Looks like I'm making pancakes," I signed.

I preheated the stove as I began to stir the mix in a bowl along with some eggs and water.

"I didn't know you still had some of my clothes," I heard him say coming towards the kitchen. My heart started beating faster. No, I was over him, my heart shouldn't act like this.

"Well, you forgot to retrieve them earlier, so I decided to hold onto them until I bump into you," I replied. I felt my cheeks warm up. Hopefully they heated up from the heat of the pan.

"You could have dropped them off at my apartment," he huffed. He leaned his tall body against the entry to the kitchen as he watched me cook. I tried to avert myself from making eye contact with him and kept myself busy with the pancakes.

"In case you forgot, I still don't have my license," I barked back. In the corner of my eye, I could see him make his way closer to me, causing my heart to beat faster.

"Oh, I know. You could have walked though, I don't live that far away, remember?" he said moving closer.

"If you live so close, why didn't you just go home instead of stopping by?" I angrily replied as my heart kept beating faster. Before I knew it, he was behind me. I could feel his breath on my neck, which made me shudder. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Because.. I've missed you," he whispered into my ear as he gently rocked me back and forth. As much as I wanted this, I couldn't let him see me wanting him as well. I made my way out of his grasp and I looked at him furious.

I turned around to look at him. "IF YOU MISSED ME, THEN WHY DID YOU BREAK UP WITH ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!" I yelled.

"YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WAS BEING DIFFICULT!" he snapped back. "YOU KEPT FLIRTING WITH OTHER GUYS!"

"JUST BECAUSE I TALK TO OTHER GUYS DOESN'T MEAN I'M CHEATING ON YOU!"

We stood there. It was silent, but there was definitely tention between the both of us. I turned around to see how the pancakes were doing to see that they were burned to a crisp. "Ugh, see? Now you have nothing to eat!"

"I didn't ask for anything to eat!"

"Yes, but I know you. Everytime you come here, you're usually hungry! I'd never want you to go hungry!"

"And why would you care?"

"Because I miss you too!" We were both shocked by the words that came out of my mouth. I didn't know what to think, so I just fell to the floor and my eyes began to tear up. He sat down beside me and tried to comfort me.

"It's okay, I'm right here," he comforted me as he brought me into a hug. "I missed the days we were like this.. Even if we were arguing," he confessed.

I hugged him tighter and he let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry that I made you feel lonely and I've caused your heart so much pain. I know that it was me who made you like this," he whispered. "When we broke up, I tried seeing other women. As nice and pretty as they were, I only thought about you."

"To be honest," I managed to let out. "I offered the guy who took me home a night to stay here so that.. I could try to forget you. But.. I just couldn't.."

"Can we just start where we left off? Can we pretend we never broke up? Can you be mine again?" He asked. A tear dropped from my eye. He wiped it away with his thumb as he cupped my face. He softly kissed my cheek. "I promise to never hurt you again. If I do, then I give you permission to slap me."

I lightly slapped his right cheek. He flinched in response. "That was for breaking my heart," I said. I then hugged him tightly, making him confused. "This is for fixing it again."

He backed away from the hug and smiled. He got up and brought me up with him, carrying me bridal style. I laid my head on his shoulder. "Now time for you to go to bed, missy."

"But.. I have work in.. two hours! I need to take a shower, make breakfast, change my cloth-" he silenced me by placing his lips on mine. 

"I'll call in and say you're sick. Right now, you need to sleep." We smiled at each other and slowly my eyes began to droop.

He walked me to my bedroom and gently placed me on my bed. He kissed my cheek and laid down beside me.

"I've missed you. I won't ever leave your side again," he whispered.