The Devil's Hour

The Devil's Hour

 

It was not so long until you arrived in a very familiar place and you realized it was your school. You wondered why of all places, Kris brought you in the place where you always spend your day. You walked through the dark halls, still following his lead. You were trying your best not to glance on the classrooms because you might see those ghosts living there as they say. You finally arrived to the open field. It was odd that there were no vehicles on the road and the only light that makes the surrounding bright is from the moon. It was so bright as if it was just near. He let go of your hand and suddenly, you felt like waking up from a nap.
 
“K..Kris?” recovering your lost voice. “Why are we here? Can you answer me now?”
 
“This is where everything started so we’ll end up it here…now.”
 
“What? What are we going to end?”
 
“Huh! You’re so brave now…why? Because of her?” a voice from behind spoke.
 
You turned to see who suddenly talked and to your surprise, that person holds strong resemblance to the person who is also in front of you. You started to be confused.
 
“I always said you to stay away from her!!”
 
“There’s no way I could that! I’m the one she is always talking to…I listen to her so why would I leave her? She would be sad if that happens.”
 
“It’s not about who watches or listens to her…you must not interfere with someone’s business.”
 
“Ahh, are you saying because you happened to be that face on her favorite possession, you own her now?”
 
“WAITTTT WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?!” you screamed to stop the confusing argument thinking they will bother to shut you up by answering the most obvious question – what is happening.
 
They both halted and turned their heads to you. You happen to met eyes with the person who just came. His eyes were angry and full of hatred. You were frightened so you turned to look at the person who brought you there; his expression is the same as yours.
 
All of a sudden, you saw yourself in a cherry blossom garden. You saw a young girl with a long black hair, watering the flowers. There was a guy who approached her. Your eyes widened when you realized that it was Kris. He suddenly kissed the girl in the lips. You thought that the girl might be his lover but something odd is happening. The girl’s body started to rot slowly as if Kris is taking her soul. You wanted to scream but were so afraid that he might see you and he’ll do the same to you.
 
“W..what was that?” you slowly said as you were back to the open field.
 
“You saw it, right?”
 
“What did you saw?”
 
You then looked at them; you didn’t know who asked the question. What’s more frightening is when they started a conversation with their mouths shut, as if they are talking through their minds but it was loud that you can hear it. Since they terribly look the same, you cannot distinguish who’s who anymore.
 
One of them brought out his scythe. You know that he was the one you saw in that dream. And you assumed that this ‘Kris’ is the one with miserable eyes.
 
The next thing you know is that they are walking towards your direction, one has a scythe, and one seemed to have something up his sleeves. Then someone embraced you. You felt safe with that. He then spoke to the two who are about to attack you.
 
“She is an important soul to be taken care of. She has to arrive safe in her new home.”
 
“New home?” you asked.
 
You looked at his face and you saw again the same face as the two…but he is more likely to be the person the other people describes. Unlike the first person who gave you a strange feeling that he is controlling you and the second person who frightened you because of his ability to take souls, the one embracing you seemed to be natural. You thought he might be your savior and that you can go home finally.
 
“Yes my dear…” he touched you cheek, “a new home for you.”
 
He then turned to the two behind and you saw how they transformed into a beast and about to attack him. He stretched out his arms and cast a light from his rings that turned the beasts into ashes. You then figured out that they were demons trying to lure you to their place. He then turned to you and gave you a smile.
 
“Where is that new home you were saying? Did we transfer to another place?” I asked him simultaneously as we were heading to somewhere.
 
“You still don’t get it, don’t you?” he answered.
 
“What should I know? That I was just kidnapped by demons because I don’t sleep early? Hahahaha!!”
 
Suddenly, you saw the young you. She was running and you followed her direction and you ended up seeing your life way back from the time you were a 4 to the time you are on your way home that night. You helped out in designing the stage in the open field for a program in your school and have to go home late. Your father was not able to fetch you so you decided to commute because you are already tired of waiting for hours. You met an accident. You were dead on the spot. You saw your family grieving for your death and your father crying in regret for not being able to do the thing he always does.
 
“No. I’m not dead. This is just a dream! CAN I JUST GO HOME NOW? WHO ARE YOU REALLY? YOU’RE NOT KRIS RIGHT? BECAUSE KRIS DOESN’T KNOW ME AND MORE OVER, HE IS IN KOREA…HE IS NOT AN ANGEL!”
“I’m Kris…but I didn’t say that I’m an angel.” His tone suddenly changed.
 
Upon hearing that, you suddenly woke up. You were wearing headset still connected in the computer. You looked at the clock and it says 5:00. You buried your face into your arms thinking your mom will scold you if she found you there because she’ll think you didn’t sleep again. You can hear her footsteps so you pretended to sleep again.
 
“YOU DIDN’T SLEEP AGAIN, RIGHT? DO YOU EVEN BOTHER ABOUT HOW MUCH ARE WE GOING TO PAY FOR THE BILLS BECAUSE OF YOUR NONSTOP USING OF THE COMPUTER?”
 
“But mom, the computer is turned off.” You got up because you just realized that it was indeed turned off and unplugged. You turned to your mom but you were surprised when you saw Kris, smirking at you. You were about to scream when he put his finger to your lips to shut your mouth.
 
He then kissed you.
 
But not really…
 
You can see the cherry blossom petals falling from the tree. It was beautiful as his eyes but it was full of sorrow. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

sorry for the late update. i was suppose to finish this yesterday but because something triggered my emoshinki feels, i ended up not being in the mood to write and lost all my idea on how to continue this ;_;. anyway, how was the story? pardon me if it failed because i'm still trying. i'll be working hard for my next fiction. thank you for reading!! ^^