The Devil's Hour

The Devil's Hour

 

 

“Oh! It’s 2:45 am already?!!” You pouted as you continued scrolling down the page and giggle a little upon seeing a funny post on your blog.
 
“Well then, 15 more minutes…then I’m out here.” You rested your head on the pillow you were embracing.
 
You finally noticed that it was silent since the last song played on your music player stopped sometime while you were busy fangirling about your favorite celebrities. You picked up the headset beside the computer speaker and wore it. You opened a folder of Korean/Japanese/Chinese songs and you ended up clicking a random number since that’s how they were named in the folder.
 
*the song starts to play*
 
“OMG! TWO MOONS!! Wait, let me guess? EXO-M? EXO-K?” You waited patiently for the first verse start.
 
“Oneureya gieoko bojimotan miracle…”
 
“Oh…I lost on that.” You sighed as you continued your business on the internet until the song ended.
 
“Of course, I cannot miss EXO-M’s version because…KRISSSSSSUSSSS OPPPPPAAARRR!!!” You are trying your best not to make unnecessary noise that would wake your parents who have very sensitive hearing. Instead of screaming like a dying whale like you normally do in the morning whenever you fangirl, you just hold your emotions by doing some weird gestures that whoever sees you might think you are insane.
 
“exxx-ohhh~ uhhh…exxx-ohh~…” singing along to the song you just played. Then you minimized the open windows just to stare for a minute to your desktop background which happens to be your bias, Kris. It was a close-up picture occupying almost the screen and his eyes were staring directly to whoever looks at it…piercing right through your eyes…to your soul.
 
“Ahhhhh, how can you have such gorgeous eyes?!” you sniffed as if you just cried.
 
You then opened the minimized windows when all of a sudden, the voice you hear from the headphones became odd…it sounded like he is just beside you, singing near to your ear.  It seemed so real. You were frightened even though it was Kris who is singing on the song. You immediately removed the headphones, about to stand up and go to your parents’ room…
 
“Wanna get out tonight~ So we never come backkkkk….”
 
“STOPPPPPPP!!” You screamed as the lights suddenly went out…you immediately searched for your cell phone which you use as flashlight.
 
The lights went back and to your surprise, you are in an empty room. You looked around wondering where in the world were you but right in front of you, standing a stunning figure wearing an all white suite paired with a feathered coat and white shiny shoes. His hair is of mousy brown in color and his ears do have at least 2 earrings on. More importantly, it is not his gorgeous appearance that shocked you but the fact that this person or whatever he might be is no other than the person you were just staring at the desktop background a moment ago.
 
“Calm down...” he went closer to you, held your shoulders and whispered, “You are safe here.”
 
“Safe? Why? Am I in danger at home?” you chuckled at your sarcastic statement, trying to figure out what’s going on.
 
“Come with me…I’ll show you something.” He smiled at you which gave you an easy feeling. He walks towards a random direction.
 
“Wait Kris, answer me first! Where am I? Are you real?” you tiptoed and about to pinch his cheek.
 
Just before you could ever touch his face, he held your hand and stared at it for seconds as if it is delicate thing. He then gave a gentle kiss before he started walking, still holding your hand which made you follow his steps, directing you to a door which doesn’t exist when you looked around before.
 
“There was a…door?” you thought out of confusion.
 
It felt like a dream…but you can feel every thing, the cold breeze of the surrounding, his warm palm holding your hand and the rocky surface of the path you’re walking into. You were not able to utter any word as if your mouth was shut. You just kept on following his lead while looking at him as if you’ve seen an angel.
 
But there is something strange