Complication

The thin line between the past and future

Chapter 9 – Complications

Henry looked curiously at the person in front of him. Man? Women? It was hard to tell as that person was covered entirely, head to toe.

But this wasn’t the time to worry about that. Someone is in his dorm. Possible a murder for all he knew.

“Don’t worry I’m not here to kill you, I’m here to take back what you shouldn’t have.” The person said pointing to the chip he was holding. The person’s voice was low and sounded very masculine. Henry didn’t know why, but his voice sounded strange.  Something was off.

“Give me the chip.” The person ordered Henry.

Henry raised his brow, he wasn’t going to give up this chip.

This chip is somehow correlated to Mr. Lau and Amber. He knew that they were leaving him in the dark and that’s exactly why he needed answers. He didn’t want to be clueless.

“No.” Henry said.

He couldn’t tell what expression the man in front of him was making, but he was obviously frustrated as he rubbed his forehead.

“What do you want?” The man asked.

“Answers.”

“Answers to what?”

Henry glared at the person in front of him, “You’re taking me for an idiot, aren’t you? I don’t need you to tell me that this chip is important, so unless you tell me what’s going on, I won’t give it back. Something’s up and I want to know what.”

“Is that what you want? Do you really want to know the truth? You’ll regret it.”

Henry held the chip in his hand, “try me.”

Henry watched as the man clutched his hand, obviously annoyed. 

“Henry, you don’t get it do you? Why do you think Amber’s trying to hide it from you? It’s because you shouldn’t know.” The man said trying to calm himself down. 

Henry nodded. “I wasn’t sure if this was about Amber and I, but now I know something’s up for sure. I knew Amber was hiding something from me, but whatever it is I want to know. ”

“You we’re more annoying in the past then I remember you, Henry.” The man sighed.

This intrigued Henry, “you know me?”

Henry took a closer look at the person in front of him. He was smaller than Henry and it seemed like the man’s hair was short and black. It was hard to tell anything else as the person’s face was covered with a mask.

“It’s hard not to.”

“Enough,” Henry said slightly peeved, “what does this photo have connection Amber and I? Why does it look like an older version and Amber and I?”

The man heaved a big sigh, “what do you want me to say? That’s a photo of two people that have nothing to do with you.”

“Bull.”

“Angry aren’t we? Look, if we wanted to tell you, you would already know from the get go. But we don’t want you to know.”

“Why not?” 

“It would cause complications.”

“What complications?”

The man sighed again, “you like to ask a lot of questions.”

“And you like to sigh a lot.”

“Look, I get it. It’s human nature to be curious, but it’s better if you don’t know what’s going on. For you and your future.”

Henry scratched his head, looking for any hints that he could have possibly mentioned.

It was Henry’s turn to sigh, “I don’t get it.”

“You don’t have to. I’m not here to give you answers, I’m here to take that gadget away from you.”

The frustrated boy sighed again, “fine, but answer this final question and I’ll give you this piece of machinery back.” He said playing with the small time device he didn’t know he was holding.

“As long as it does not concern the gadgets, then go ahead.”

“What’s your name?”  Henry questioned, coming closer to the person in front of him, the man didn’t seem that buff with the baggy clothes he was wearing. The man moved back, sensing slight danger.

“My name is none of your concern.”

Henry smiled. ..No, a better way to call it was an evil sadist grin. Maybe he inherited it from Kyuhyun. “I had a feeling you would say that.”

And so, Henry tackled the man in front of him.

xxx

  Mr. Lau sat in his couch sipping the soup that was given to him and sighed.  “What the hell am I doing?”

“Yeah, what the hell Henry?” Henry turned to the man in front of him; it was his close friend Siwon.

“I…I don’t know what to do Siwon. I wanted to see Amber and now that I’ve got to see her, I don’t know if I should continue.”

Siwon sat beside Henry, “when we went to the past together, do you remember your determination to find Amber? Do you remember you wanted to figure out that event? The things you couldn’t see, you won’t see from your perspective but from someone else.”

Henry scratched his head, “but I’m curious about myself too. Why did my younger self think like that? Was it because I was a teenager that time?”

Siwon yawned, “it was in the past right? People change after a few years. It shouldn’t be much of a surprise.”

Henry chuckled, “I don’t really know why I came  back…”  

“Yeah, but you’re a different story from me aren’t you? You haven’t told me your real reason for coming here though. Sure those key events are important to you, but knowing you, that wouldn’t be your main drive.”

Henry pondered for a second, he closed his eyes. 

“To have closure.”

“Closure?”

Henry smiled bitterly, “yeah, something like that.”

He opened his eyes and stood up from the couch. He then walked to his room and Siwon followed closely behind.

“I still don’t think closure sounds like a satisfying answers for you to go out of your way to go to the past.”

Henry nodded, “maybe.”

Siwon frowned, Henry was being vague with his answers again, “but I don’t get why you told Amber than your younger self, wouldn’t it make more sense to ask your younger self to stop whatever you want to stop.”

“If I do that, then it’s unfair to Amber.”

Siwon gave Henry a strange look, waiting for him to explain. Henry opened a box and started looking through some photos, “if I change things without consent from Amber, I like to think that she would get angry at me for not telling her that I’m changing things around. She would scold me and hit me with that powerful punch of hers.”

He smiled slightly at the imagination of an angry future Amber scolding him for not telling her.

“But, she doesn’t know what’s in store, is she? That’s not fair either.”

Henry pursed his lips, “that’s why when the time comes, I’ll tell her. Tell her everything and come clean to her.  But for now, I want her to know who I am so that I don’t feel too guilty. I’m selfish, aren’t I?”

Siwon nodded, “yeah you are, a total I might add, but what happens if you’re too late? Time was never on our side.”  

“If that happens, I’ll think of something then.” Henry forced a half smile as he looked at the photos, “but, in the meantime, disasters start from here.”

Siwon titled his head, “why do you think that?”

“Gut feeling.”

xxx

Luhan was freaking out. Like, like super super freaked out to the point where he was pacing back and forth. “I just smacked Sehun with a soccer ball and he fainted!? How would I know he would faint, haha it’s just a soccer ball too? What happens if he dies? Ugh, why does he have to be curious now?!”

Luhan was running around frantic and Sehun was lying on the ground, fully conscious. He really didn’t know why he pretended to faint, but he did it anyways. Sure, he temporarily blanked out the moment the ball connected his face but he was awake now.

Sehun remained still as Luhan stopped pacing around and took the photo that had fallen from the ground.

“I hadn’t seen this photo in a while…” A small grinned from Luhan appeared on his face, he then shook his head and frowned.

“The promise wasn’t that big of a deal. I don’t care about it anymore.” He turned to Sehun, “amnesia is convenient, but I guess it’s better this way.”

He brushed Sehun’s bangs to the side, “if you’re happy now, I’m happy too.”

Luhan grinned, he tuck the photo in his pocket, “I guess I should wait until he wakes up and apologize. Hopefully you forget this moment, like you did in the past.”

Sehun continued to lie on the ground, his eyes slightly open and all he could think was to apologize to Luhan. Sorry for making him suffer, but he has to find out. For the little Luhan that appeared and for himself.

xxx

Amber sat on her chair and walked pat and forth. For some odd occasion, Luna and Victoria weren’t around. Oh and little Luhan is in her bedroom.

What the hell is going on?

“Why are you here, Luhan?” Amber asked.

“The higher…people...said so..! They said…. please take… care of me!” Luhan said rather chirpily.

Amber sighed, she wanted to work on the poem that she hadn’t even started due to this whole mess.

“Luhan,” Amber called and Luhan rushed towards her.

Amber chuckled, even though Sehun wasn’t here, he seemed rather happy, “why are you happy?”

“Sehun and bigger me…. are talking right now and I…. should wait for Sehun….. to come back. I hope he figures ….out soon.”

“Why don’t you just tell him the promise?” Amber asked, “why make him go through that trouble.”

Luhan shook his head vehemently, “I can’t…”

“Why not?”

“Like Ahjussi said…he…has to find…out…alone…or …it won’t mean a…nything..” Luhan said sullenly, “I want…to tell…but, I shouldn’t…”

Amber nodded, “I guess I understand. If he can’t find the promise out on his own, he won’t be able to truly carry out his promise, right?”  

Luhan nodded, “what are…. you …doing…?” He asked tilting his head.

“Oh me? I’m writing a love poem. I don’t know how though. I really haven’t been in love.”

Luhan took Amber’s paper, “why..don’t you…write…Henry-ahjussi..”

“Write about Henry? The love poem?” Amber frowned shaking her head, “ I can’t…I don’t like Henry that way.”

Luhan shook his head, “you..love…Ahjussi…this much..” Luhan spread his arms around and waved it wildly.

Amber widen her eyes quickly shaking her head, she could feel her blood pumping, “I don’t!”

The little boy frowned,  “but…Ahjussi…loves…you…a lot..”

The tomboy was too stunned to talk, “h-how do you know?”

“Ahjussi…told me…when we met...he wanted to see his wife…and told me…he loved…his…wife… very much. Do you love Ahjussi?”

Amber thought about Henry. Her face suddenly turned red and she shook her head. She took the paper from Luhan and threw it in her bag.

“Maybe I’ll do this later, want to watch T.V.? Let’s go to my section of the dorm.”

Luhan frowned, “…she…didn’t...answer...”

xxx

   “BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Henry laughed victoriously as he tied the man to the chair. How did he find a rope? The closet. Why was it in there? He didn’t question it.

Sometimes in life, it was better not to question things.

But it was definitely reasonable to question the person on this chair, he hadn’t removed the mask yet, but he would be doing so soon.

“So you tie me to a chair? Amazing. Why did I think you wouldn’t do something this stupid?”

Henry was breathing rather heavily, “and you know how to fight. Wow that was an amazing battle. I thought I was going to lose there. Thankfully you gave up.”

“You’re not going to get answers from me.”

“Oh, then I’m just gonna rip off this mask you’re wearing, take a picture, call the police that someone intruded my dorm and have you go to jail.”

The man stayed silent as he struggled to remove himself from the chair, “you wouldn’t...”

“Again, not answer my questions and you’ll see what I can or cannot do.”

The man stopped struggling on the chair, “…fine..”

“What is the connection between Mr. Lau and Amber?”

He laughed, “you want answers from me and the first thing you want to know is whether Mr. Lau and Amber are a thing.”

“Are they?” Henry asked.

“Sort of.”

“That’s not what I’m asking!!”

“That’s my answer. Take it or leave it.”

Henry frowned, why is that he is the one in control, but the person in front of him is acting as if he wasn’t.

“Fine, then what is this chip? Why is it so important?”

“If it’s in the wrong hands, complications are going to happen and it’s complicated enough.”

Henry scowled, “maybe if you tell me what’s going on, I can help.”

“I doubt it.”

“Why?”

“Because there’s no problem to begin with and if you find out, it’d be a pain in the to deal with.”

“Okay, hold on a second. So this thing has some sort of connection to me, but if I find out things are going to get messy.”

“Yup. So do me a favour, untie me and let me go with the chip. Mr. Lau was careless.”

Henry was about to let the person in front of him go. He was on the verge of giving up. The person in front of him was most likely not going to reveal anything and even if the person did go to jail, Henry still wasn’t going to get any of his answers that he’s been looking for.

But…there was one thing he wanted to know…and do…

“What’s Mr.Lau’s first name?”

“Huh?”

“What’s his first name? Why am I able to guess his house number? Nothing’s adding up and I want to know. I need someone to tell me what’s going on. ”

“You’re pretty sharp, Henry…but I even if you threaten me, I won’t tell you, for now. Trust me on that.”

Henry was silent for a few minutes, “fine.”

The man sounded surprised, “really you’ll let me go?”

“Yup. I just need to do one thing.”

Henry grabbed the mask, but the man quickly used his leg to kick Henry’s leg and throw him off balance.

The man untied himself using a knife that was hidden under his sleeve…But there was a small miscalculation on the man’s part.

Henry was falling towards him.

.

Henry slightly yelled as he fell on top of the man.

The man’s head made contact with the hard concrete floor and  he grunted in pain.

“How…the…hell…did I mess this one up…” The man had managed to let Henry attack, somehow avoiding the mask and the chest area.  

The mask was half broken as the bottom part had fallen next to them…along with the voice configuration microphone. The one that made voices sound deep.

“, those things are more fragile than I thought they were. “

Instead, a female’s voice was heard…it was a familiar one to Henry.

A very familiar voice indeed.

He immediately shot himself up, ignoring the excruciating pain he was in and removed the remaining mask that was on top of…her eyes.

There was a long pause. Henry was speechless. No way in freaking hell was that who he thought it was.

No way in hell.

“Damn it, I hope this wasn’t going to happen, but here we are.  It’s good to see you Henry.”

The person he was on top of looked a bit older and mature, but the voice was a perfect match.

He stuttered as he said that name, not believing it himself that the girl he was looking at was someone he knew. Someone he knew very well.

“…Amber?”

 


 

A/N: My writer’s block is sort of gone! Hurray!

Sorry this is unedited at the moment but will be edited soon 

Chapter 10 probably will come after this month because it’s exam month…Y_Y

I hate exams. :C

Sorry I hadn’t posted anything, henber was m.i.a for the longest time and I missed them and I wasn’t motivated to write so I was gone for the longest time ever.

But now I’m back.

But I have a feeling most of you guys forgot what I wrote, so I hope you read the previous chapters to get the gist of what is going on. Sorry for the lateness!!

s about to go down and the answers you’ve been speculating might reveal themselves. Well…sort of. Haha, see you guys soon. I missed you guys but I’m back in action now <3