02# Calm down;

Love Doesn't Count!

"Hey, So Eun?" You carelessly sighed, giving Taeyeon a sign that you were listening to her.

Both of you had just made it through your last exam, and that your summer vacation was in sight, you felt a little lighter. No one in college would see your tummy grow, and no one would be able to talk bad about you for being pregnant with a child whose father you didn't even know.
Throwing off the heavy weight of college exams, you took another sip of your cool strawberry milk.

"Don't get mad, Dear, but... Well, could it be that you still have feelings for Hyun Joong?"

You nearly choked on the milk you were about to swallow, as your eyes grew wide. "What? Oh Taeyeon, please." You tried to roll your eyes to look annoyed, yet there was no way to deceive your best friend.

"Oh, come on. You've been looking at Hyun Joong like that for the past five years. Did you really think I'd never notice one of your sheepish smiles?" She smiled at you, yet frowned as she remembered these past years.

 

You had been Hyun Joong's seatmate since your third year of middle school. He had just moved to Seoul, and since there was this weird rule of boys and girls sharing tables in your class, he became your new mate.
You didn't know how Taeyeon had figured it out, yet you had fallen for him at first sight. His cheeky eye smile and his warm voice had bewitched you immediately... and the fact that he hadn't beeon attatched to any girl besides Tae and you had given off the impression that you were special to him. After some time, Taeyeon started to tell him to go and get himself a girlfriend, yet all he did was to smile shily before drawing both of you in for a deep hug and stating that as long as he had you, it was enough.

 

>>I guess I was wrong<<, you thought, as Taeyeon put a hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, don't make such a face. It's not over yet, is it?" She smiled at you in an encouraging way, yet all you did was to sigh once more.

"You really think that he'd leave that Sakura-girl? For someone like... me?" You barely believed in a future with Hyun Joong. Sakura, an exchange student from Japan, was a pretty and kind girl. She'd always been obedient and never acted out of role- toned down, filial, feminine. That was what your guy friend had always looked for in a girl, and well... that's what she was.

"Hey, you! Don't act all filthy just because you're pregnant!" Taeyeon was about to nudge you, as you covered with your right hand.

"Pssst!", you made as you looked around. It was rare for anyone to walk this far into the college's backyard, yet you never knew who had the same idea to come here.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry~!", Taeyeon sang, knowing that you were barely able to stand up to her aegyo. "...Anyways, the last exam's done. How about we go around and do some shopping? You won't fit into these clothes much longer, mummy~" A happy smile on her face, she stood up and lent you a hand for you to get up as well- not noticing the sad glim in your eyes.

 

As the two of you excited your college and slowly walked down the road leading to the shopping mall, neither of you noticed someone watching you carefully, a smile on his lips as he readjusted his sunglasses and started the engine of his car, driving off into the oposite direction as your features burned themselves into his memory once again.

 

 

 

///

Urgh, I'm sorry. It's such a short update! Anyways, I needed to get back the feeling for the story to start writing again, so see this as some kind of... teaser? Lol, anyone should be able to guess who the sunglasses-guy is. :,3

I'll try to update as soon as possible (because I suddenly miss writing stories like hell) and hope this small chapter wasn't too boring...~