01# - Sunrays

Love Doesn't Count!

The way from the study hall to the cafeteria was like a trip to hell. You felt yourself putting more strength into the fingers you held on to your books with, while you faced the ground your slightly insecure feet walked on. Wow, now you new what these unsocial and out-zoned people felt like.

Even though Taeyeon was with you, holding hands with you as always, you felt anxious. Using your books, you did your best in hiding the part of your body everyone seems to stare at... your stomach.

"Oh, So Eun. Come on, it's not like you'll throw out your baby tomorrow." You glanced at Taeyeon shortly, getting that she still was angry about... well, your pregnancy. Or better, about the fact that you were the first one to be pregnant. She had always seen herself as your advisor, holding her second baby in her arms as you were still on the way to giving birth for the first time. Tae had always been the motherly one out of you two- and now, her baby had to be more grown-up than she was.

"Don't think that I'm jealous or something, I mean... a baby isn't the best to enter your life when you're still in college, is it?" As if you didn't know that! "But I want you to know that I'm still there for you, no matter what happens... except for changing dipers, that's a mommy-task, you know~!"

You knew that she tried to make you laugh, yet you couldn't. There were too many voices mixing in your head, screaming at you. What about your parents? What about your studies? Didyou really want to keep that child, whose father you don't even remembered? What if it asked you about him years later? What would you answer? Would there even be a man to fall in love with you as you were... well, pregnant? Or a single-mother?

You could do nothing but release a deep sigh as the two of you sat down and searched for your folders, ready to repeat the themes of your upcoming exam... as you saw a bar of strawberry chocolate being placed in front of your eyes gently. You looked up, noticed who the shiny donator was and got back to your studies immediately.

"Hey", he casually said, taking a seat next to you as he peeked over your shoulder and laughed. "Oh, you're still not finished with learning that stuff? If you need any help, I could-"

"Hyun Joong." You tried to supress a smirk as you heard Taeyeon's sharp voice cutting his sentence, making him go silent immediately. "I guess you know that So Eun doesn't want to talk to you?" She gently placed her text book on the desk, while her eyes stayed the same. Cold.

"Oh, come on. I don't even know why both of you are mad at me! You always told me to get a girlfriend because I was hanging out with you too much and now that I finally got me a beauty,  you're breaking the contact between us? What's up with the two of you?" Without wanting to, you turned your head, facing him as he got angry again. Didn't he get that it was his fault?

"I want you to go, Hyun Joong. Now." Maybe he saw the pain in your eyes, or he got annoyed by that sentence, which he had listened to about fifty times during the last three months. Yet, that was all that's left to say for you to him.

Watching his figure disappear again, you readjusted yourself on your chair and started reading again, not noticing your best friend observing your features carefully.

 

~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~