More Than Words

First Loves Don't Always Last

 

Jiyong opened the text message he just received and read it a smile he so obviously was trying to control.

 

The last part of the text made him laugh out loud, earning him confused looks from Daesung and their managers. Even the other customers in the restaurant shyly glanced at him. He had to bite his lower lip to stop himself from being too loud again.

 

What's so funny, hyung?” Daesung asked, flipping over the meat that he had been grilling.

 

Nothing.” Jiyong said, shaking his head. Putting his phone down on the table beside his plate, he sat up straighter and inhaled the delicious smell of meat being cooked. “This smells great!” This statement earned him another weird look from Daesung.

 

"Are you really all right, hyung?” He only got a smile from the older man. Raising an eyebrow, he looked at his Youngbae hyung who was looking at Jiyong's phone suspiciously. Ahhh... These guys... And I'm supposed to be the younger one here. Daesung shook his head, giving up on his hyungs' immaturity.

 

When Youngbae couldn't bear the curiosity anymore, he snatched Jiyong's phone.

 

You don't even know my pass code.” Jiyong said, not even remotely alarmed at what Youngbae wanted to do. Youngbae, on the other hand, just smiled and keyed in 8888. It didn't work, making him crunch up his forehead in confusion. Until a week ago, his pass code had always been 8888.

 

Huh,” he raised an eyebrow and stared at the numbers in front of him. Jiyong laughed and calmly took a cooked meat from the grill. He was about to put it in his mouth when he saw Youngbae's break out into a huge grin. His hand froze midway to feeding himself. This does not look good.

 

"Don't you dare, Bae." His alarm was apparent in his voice now, making all the other people they were with glance at him in surprise.

 

You wouldn't....” Youngbae started, before typing in 4262 — HANA. Jiyong's eyes widened, realizing that his best friend had just figured out his pass code and his secret.

 

Abandoning the food, he reached out to snatch his phone away from Youngbae but he was too slow. Youngbae stood up and hurriedly opened the messages. Finding what he was looking for, he tapped on Hana's message and scanned the conversation. Hana's last reply produced a huge grin on his lips.

 

Arasso. See you.

And stop using those stupid initials. Are you still in high school?

Babo Dragon.

 

Jinjja, Jiyong?” Youngbae looked up at a red faced Jiyong and chuckled, shaking his head. "I guess you're excited then, huh?"

 

"SHUT UP, DONG YOUNGBAE!” Jiyong snatched his phone away, pocketing it immediately. The people in their table looked from him to Youngbae curiously, making him blush even harder. "AAAISH!"

 

What's happening, Youngbae hyung?” Daesung asked, looking very lost and confused about what just happened. “And why does Jiyong hyung look like that?”

 

It's nothing, Daesung-ah,” Jiyong answered him, forcing a smile to try and appease the younger member. “Just go back to your meal. Don't mind the adults.”

 

Daesung snorted. Clearly, they weren't acting anywhere near adult-like right now in his opinion.

 

Jiyong tried to avoid Youngbae's knowing smirk. But, as if the universe was conspiring to make him even more embarrassed, Extreme's More Than Words started to play from the speakers. He groaned, pulling his Giyongchy beanie over his eyes. But the reason he covered his face with his hands, it wasn't because of his red cheeks or t avoid the mischevous twinkle in Youngbae's eyes; it was to hide the smile playing on his lips as he remembered every single word of the song being played and the memory that came with it.

 

A/N

Okay, so I'm working on the reunion scene finally. BUT I might just throw a couple more flashbacks just to keep you on your toes when Jiyong and Hana finally meet again. Hihi

OH and who wants a loveline for Youngbae? I've been thinking of either working with his character here or making an entirely diff story for him. Or a one-shot. whichever works. I've actually written down a first chap of that btw. harhar

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you guys comment or sub! It makes me happy... Yaksu! :D <3