Small Jolt

A Wave of Feeling

They had always enjoyed each other's company and today was no exception.  After lunch (which they specifically met early for) they headed to the concert venue together for hair, makeup, and wardrobe.  Tonight's performance was a big one, not just for them, but for the general public.  SBS' Gayo Daejun was always a highly-anticipated event that promised many top performers and, of course, hosts to match.  On top of the pressure that created for artists, Seunghyun and Dongwook were performing in a series of collaborations that were meant to all tie in seamlessly.  In other words, the performance really needed to go off without a hitch.  Still, the two were seasoned professionals so they didn't feel entirely too nervous about taking the stage in a few short hours.  

"See you in a bit hyung," said Seunghyun as he waved off the older and turned toward his dressing room.  "Mmmm," hummed Dongwook casually as he turned and walked down the opposite end of the hall.  Given the number of YG artists who were to appear tonight, there was a wing set off for them which provided a comfortable atmosphere for the prepping idols.  Seunghyun walked into his private dressing room to find the stylists ready and waiting for him.  After bowing and greeting the noonas, work quickly began to make him look his best.  Finally, the noonas left the room so he could change into his selected outfit.  He looked carefully in the mirror and began to examine every inch of himself.  A silent knock on the door broke him out of the reverie he was in after fussing with a clasp on his coat.  "Come in," he called out as he examined his hair once again.  His eyes flicked to the upper corner of the mirror.  "Have you come to bother me already?"  he asked Dongwook jokingly.

Dongwook laughed and responded, "Yah, I'm your hyung you can't treat me this way!"  They both chuckled and Dongwook approached Seunghyun who was still fussing over minute details in the mirror.  Seunghyun, already lost in whatever he was examining, jumped slightly as he felt the older's hand on his shoulder.  He looked up slightly to see Dongwook's handsome face over his shoulder smiling radiantly.  "Calm down, you look handsome as ever dongsaeng."  Seunghyun gave a sheepish smile as he became painfully aware of how vain he must seem.  "But never as handsome as you, right?"  At this Dongwook laughed wholeheartedly.  "I never said such a thing."  Seunghyun gave a small, breathy laugh and said in a low voice, "I know, but it's true."  Dongwook shook his head as he squeezed the younger's shoulder more tightly.  

"I'm not vain, I just want to be sure everything is how it should be."  Dongwook could do nothing more than let go of the younger's shoulder in favor of clutching his side as he laughed.  "I didn't think you were being vain!  But now I do!"  

"Yah!"  exclaimed Seunghyun as he playfully shoved Dongwook.  But he did so a bit too hard and Dongwook had to grab onto his arm to regain balance.  "Okay, okay.  Enough joking, if we laugh too much you hair or makeup might get messed up and you wouldn't want that would you?"  Seunghyun glared at his hyung's snide remark but held back any retort.  After the older's laughter had finally subsided, the two were left standing facing each other, Dongwook's hand still tightly wrapped around Seunghyun's arm, mere inches separating their bodies.  It wasn't until there was another knock on the door that the two realized they had just been looking at each other in complete silence and Dongwook's hold had not eased up.  The older cleared his throat and stepped back to face the door, which was now opening slightly.  "Ah, you're both here.  Just a 10-minute warning."  The staff member closed the door after a curt nod from both men.  

"We should get backstage," advised Dongwook.  "Ne," replied the younger turning quickly back to the mirror without thinking.  At the older's light laugh he asked, "Are you sure this jacket is okay?  I look stiff."  The older walked over and stood behind him, slightly off to the side, and took a careful look.  "Hmmm," he tapped his finger on his lips as his eyes narrowed slightly, "You do look a bit stiff but handsome enough that it shouldn't matter.  Don't worry."  The younger tilted his head, still not completely convinced.  Dongwook clasped the hem of the coat around either hip of Seunhyun and pulled it down slightly to make sure it fell perfectly on him.  Without letting go he said, "See?  You look very handsome Seunghyun-ah."  Their eyes met in the mirror and there was suddenly a different charge in the room.  After about a minute, the older cleared his throat again and with a squeeze of Seunghyun's hip said, "We really should go out now."