Chapter 5

Stay Strong, Stay Together!!

Naeun felt happy as soon as she was hired. Wow, it's amazing... Her handphone vibrated and she had a message from her boss, Hyunseung

From: Hyunseung,

Come to the cafe as soon as you're done with the school. SMS me if you have some extra-work at school or something. We will begin our introduction to the other staff and as an assistant of the baker, you will need to learn something from that baker, Nam Woohyun his name.... See you tomorrow :) Ahh.. and we close maybe around 11....

__________________________________________________________________________________

As soon as Naeun was inside her room, changing clothes, someone knocked on her door. 

"Come in..."

The door is not locked so it opened. It was IU. She tilted her face and snickered. 

"So, you got a job..?? I can hear you singing happily along the corridor, you know.." IU went inside and sat on the bed, grabbing one of Naeun's pillows.

"Hahaha.. sorry if I disturb you.. I was really in good mood, I guess."

"Nope, you're not.. In fact, I'm really happy that you made it... By the way, where you're working?"

"Oh, I'll be working at Alcori Cafe... Have you heard about it?"

IU wondered, "Alcori Cafe?? Umm.. I think so... Where is it?"

"It's around the bread's shop that our students love to hang around, only a little bit far," Naeun replied, combing her hair.

"You went to get the job that's far?!! Naeun, that cafe is very far from our school and you'll be working there? Besides, that street is dangerous. I heard from people that it's the place for group of gangs or whatsoever play around. And... Ummm.. That place is very remote and is always empty..."

Naeun seems didn't believe what IU had said, "You must imagine someting horible, IU..."

"Tell me, Naeun.. You will be working untill what time??"

"I'll be there as soon I've done the school and probably done it by 11.. Err.. Why??"

"Naeun!! Dorm close at 10, remember?? "

Naeun gasped. She felt dizzy suddenly.. Why'd she never think about the dorm!! Now trouble arise again!! 

"NAEUNNNN!!!" Suzy came in without even knocking the door. Both Naeun and IU was startled by Suzy and both of their face turned to pale. "What happen..?" Suzy asked.

So, IU told all things to Suzy but Suzy seems very calm but wrinkled as she was thinking very hard. Suzy clapped her hands once and said, "Don't worry Naeun... I think you'd better stay with this haramoni I know for a long time. She's actually my grandma's friend. My grandma's died but we often see each other. She lives at the appartment near the bread shop. I'll introduce her tomorrow and tell her about it. I think she will be happy to have you as company."

Naeun was so worried as she doesn't want to trouble her friends but Suzy insisted too much that she can't simply ignored, afraid that Suzy will feel dissappointed. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Naeun went to school as usual. Study as usual but today was different because whenever she has a free time, she will quickly does her homeworks. During English lesson, Mr. Yong wasn't in the class since he was called by the principal for the urgent meeting. Naeun did her homeworks, didn't bother around her much and keep focused. Myungsoo was reading a comic and lollipop also didn't bother her.

"L...!!!!"

Everyone was so shocked by the behavior of 3rd year students violently slided the door and lasering around the class to look for something.

L..??? Who is L???" wondered Naeun but continuing her homework.

"There he is," cried one of the 3rd year students, pointing at Kim Myungsoo.

Myungso stood and cursed, took his bag and jumped to the window.

"Arrghhh... He's escaped!!! After himmm!!!"

All 2-C students went to the window to take a good view including Naeun.

"What was that..??"

"That Myungsoo as usual always messing up with sunbaes.."

"Such a troublemaker.."

"But he's cool!!!"

Everyone talked endless about Myungsoo. Commenting him in bad and good. Some praise him and some despise him. Naeun wondered how Myungsoo is living. Naeun saw Yoseob was clucthing on Kikwang, both of them has serious face and seems.. worried?? 

________________________________________________________________________________

"Bye.. Good luck on your first day!!" said Krystal. Thank you, Krystal. I will

"Don't forget to treat us then.." Sulli sticked her tongue. I will treat you guys. Definitely

"Be careful.." warned IU.  Don't worry too much, IU-ah.. I'll be fine

"Hey call me if you're done. Tonight I'll be staying in Haramoni's house. You already packed your luggage right? I'll take them to her house." Suzy said cheerfully and gave Naeun 'thumb's up'. Sorry for troubling you.

Naeun felt sorry for Suzy for making her to do this. Someday, she will repay Suzy's kindness.. She promised..

Around 7 meters walk from her school

"Baseball bat?? What's it doing here??" Naeun said to herself. She swung the bat happily and imitated one of the baseball player. It reminded of her uncle who every night watching baseball game. Ahh. Uncle, Aunt, Chorongunnie.. I wonder how are they doing??

"Hey, girl.. You'd want to play?"

Naeun turned and saw the five bulky men smiled slyly at her. The most bulky man with green hair (leader) his lips. Naeun was shaking and she pointed the bat at them. If they want to do something to her, she will hit them that's what she said. But the men just laughed at her. Enjoyed it. 

"Come on, hit me.... Let's see if you can hit me.. Or.. I'll hit you 'hard'," said the green hair man.

"Stay away.. Don't come nearer.."

"Awww.. your voice so tasty.. It melt me..," He said again and he imitated Naeun's voice and laughed together with his friends.

"Come on!!! Hit me, I SAID!!" The green hair man came nearer at Naeun

Naeun closed her eyes, her tears started to fall. 

"Acckkk.." Naeun opened her eyes and she saw that man on the ground, hold the pain on his stomach.

Naeun felt something warm.. Her hands was gripped by someone and...

"Myungsoo..??"

"You ers.." Myungsoo cursed. Naeun could heard him clearly as he was behind her. She could felt his breath and lips behind her ears.

"Damn you kid... I'll get you," the green man hair got up and wanted to attack but

BAMMMMMM!!!!

Myungsoo hit the man's head using Naeun's hand as Naeun still gripped the bat. The green man fall again, his head started to bleed. His four friends growled at Naeun and Myungsoo. Naeun let go of the bat.

Myungsoo hissed and pulled Naeun to run.

Myungsoo and Naeun ran and ran to the alley. The alley is so narrow that the four man couldn't get through but they wouldn't give up and went to the other way.

Until they arrived to the.. Alcori Cafe..??

Myungsoo pushed Naeun inside the cafe and told  her, "Wait here.."

Then Hyunseung came from the kitchen brought the cake out and saw them, "Myungsoo..?? You're back early?" Myungsoo just kept quiet.

Before Hyunseung could say more, the four bulky men went inside the shop and found them, "Get them!!"

Hyunseung sighed, "You bring the 'toys' here?? Myungsoo, if you wanna fight, do outside.. Not here since I don't want you to touch my cak-"

POOOPP!!!

Myungsoo made one of the man that tried to attack him fall and plopped the cake on his face. And thus ruined the cake.

Hyunseung put the plate away and started to crack his fingers. 

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY CAAKKEEEE!!! YOU SCOUNDRELSSSSS!!" Hyunseung was in rage and his was full of flame. 

Myungsoo nodded and seems satisfied, typed something on his handphone and made a call.

Naeun who was standing on the other side was having some starstrucked watching Hyunseung's sudden behavior and Hyunseung was 'destroying' the men. Those men were crying loudly asking for the mercy. They were beaten terribly. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"TAKE 'EM AWAY!! I don't want them to come nearer my cafe.. EVER!!!" Hyunseung scowled. He was talking to the some un-uniform police. His name was Yoon Doojoon.

"Arasso, arasso... I will put them far awaaay from you so you can have a peace," Doojoon said, reassured Hyunseung.

Naeun and Myungsoo waited inside the cafe and both of them sat, drinking tea that was prepared from Hyunseung earlier.

Flashback...

After the fight, Hyunseung growled at the men, "Don't you ever try to escape!! Wait here till the police come here to get you! I'm going to make some tea. Myungsoo, watch over them..."

The men cried softly and cuddled to each other. Naeun couldn't help but to laugh. This is too much for the scene...

Naeun then looked at Myungsoo. Myungsoo still watched over them didn't move hi s eyes. Hyunseung came out and poured on the cup and served to Naeun.

Then the sound of police's siren was heard. The police came inside and tugged the four men to the car.

"It won't fit, sir.. Look at our body.." said one of the men.

"I don't care..," said the police called Doojoon and pulled out the triggers pointing at the sky. BANG! BANG! "Now get inside and SQUEEZE as you can!!!"

End of the flashback....

As the police gave a salute at Hyunseung and went inside the car, Hyunseung closed the door.

Hyunseung combed his hair neatly and straightened his collar, "Naeun, I'm sorry about all these. It won't happen in the future, I guarantee. Are you okay??" 

"I'm okay, Hyunseung-shii..."

"So you're schooling JS Academy??"

"Yes.. I'm sorry for not telling you.."

"Ah, it's okay.. Well, let's get inside the kitchen and prepare something, shall we? Woohyun hasn't come so I think I'm  the one who's going to give you some tutor.. Myungsoo, go upstairs and change. I need you to clean all these mess.." Hyunseung said.

"Huhhh?? You're living here??" Naeun asked. Myungsoo rolled his eyes uninterested. Then left Hyunseung and Naeun.

Hyunseung tilted his head in amusement look, "Aik, of course Myungsoo is my newphew and he also working here.."

WHAAAATTTTTT?????!!!

 

 

Author's word:

My hands hurt a lot.. This chapter a bit long and sorry for doojoon's part.. his part too short.. Hope I can include him moree.. Until then....

Oh yeah and I already say Yoseob's Caffeine MV.. Waaahh I'd always expect the best from Yoseob and he made it!!!! Yay!! Hooray for Yoseob!!! Can't wait for live performance!!!