The Glitch System

The Five Rules Of Being Psychic

 

Ever since she was a little girl, Jessica Jung had been able to read the minds of boys. Not only that, but she had been blessed – or cursed – with empathy. She was able to feel – and manipulate – how people were feeling. Feelings affected her greatly. Sometimes she was happy with her 'gift', but usually it gave her a headache. Like when she was in hallways. There were so many conflicting emotions all she wanted to immerse herself in aspirins.

"God, I hate the cafeteria." Jessica  rested her forehead on her hand. "Hate, hate, hate."

"So much hate isn't good for one person." Yoona told her. Yuri nodded while taking a bite of her salad.

"It's too…emotional." Jessica complained.

"Everyone's emotional, Jess. Just calm them down."

 

"I have too much of a headache." she sighed. She slumped over the table.

"You're pathetic," Yuri shook her head, "Speaking of pathetic, where is Taeyeon? She should be here by now."

"Oh, My, God!" Taeyeon ran in, panting. She slid into her seat, bouncing up and down, "Oh. My. God. Guys!"

"Cute guy?" Yoona asked, smiling knowingly

"Well, yes. But here's the thing-"

"She always gets excited over the cute ones." Yuri shook her head.

"Seriously, guys! Focus! I couldn't read his mind!"

You what?" Jessica's head bobbed up, which caused her brain to feel like it was being torn in half. She put her head back down.

"I couldn't read his mind."

"Name." Yoona said sharply.

"Kim Sunggyu." Taeyeon's bright eyes flickered over to a table full of boys. One boy with reddish head stood out among the rest. "red hair. That's him."

"Keep tabs on him." Jessica said. Her head was down, so her voice came out muffled, "Watch out for more boys like him."

"Are you alright?" Yuri petted Jessica's hair.

"No! Ow! My head kills!"

"Take an aspirin." Taeyeon suggested. Through her hair and arms, Jessica shot Taeyeon a look. She countered it by engulfing Jessica in an illusion. Jessica  was suddenly in a forest. She swatted subconsciously at mosquitoes.

"Let me out!" Jessica growled, "This isn't helping my headache!"

Taeyeon slowly let Jessica out of the illusion. She smiled. Jessica, again, gave her the lcy glare.

"Hey guys!" Jessica peeked out of the other side of her arm to see a dark haired girl withher eyes smiling down at them, "Mind if I sit here?"

"Sure!"Taeyeon scooted over, obviously knowing the girl,

"Who's this?" Yoona asked, not looking up from her salad.

 

"This is Hwang Tiffany. She's my locker neighbor. We have a few classes together, too."

"Hi!" I'm Yoona!" she chirped, smiling brightly at Tiffany.

"I'm Yuri." she smiled, "And that mass of blonde hair is Jessica. She has a headache."

"I have aspirin!" Tiffany reached for her bag, ready to dig them out. "Do you want some?"

"No thanks." Jessica muffled voice came through her hair.

"Okay." Tiffany shrugged, dropping her bag back on the floor. She started eating.

"Okay, so we're looking out for that guy, right?" Yoona said, a few minutes late. She looked the other three girls square in the eye. Tiffany being was oblivious. They nodded before she noticed anything was up.

"And…break!" Yoona called as the bell rang. The girls went off in pursuit of the boy. The glitch in the system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri scanned and scanned all during History class. She couldn't get a good reading on anyone because she was so tried from Trig the period before. She didn't even know there was a Raven-haired boy sitting behind her, smiling showing his gummy smile cheerily at the back of her head, thinking who knows what.

~~~~~

Yoona was determined to find something. And when Yoona had a mission...watch out. She read each and everyone one of the boys minds that she passed.

I wish I could punch jungmin.

Hyemi can go to Hell.

I'm going to ask Courtney out. I'm going to ask Courtney out.

Oh, hot chic, hot chic, hot chic, oh, ew. God, that is just wrong.

Yoona was trying to figure out who the boy was thinking about, so she could judge if he was right – which would have been a very mean thing to do – when her books flew out of her hands. She dropped to her knees to pick them up when someone's foot hit her square in the stomach and they went flying over her. It was kind of a catastrophe.

"Omo!, I'm so sorry!" Yoona cried, standing up and rushing over to help the mysterious boy.

"You shouldn't stop in the middle of the hallway, seong-gasin(troblesome)." The boy helped himself up.

Yoona's blood boiled, "You should watch where you're going!"

"You're annoying." The boy said flatly, as if this was the total of what Yoona was. She felt like he had already made up his mind about her. Yoona hated when people did that, because they did it a lot. "Goodbye, seong-gasin."

Yoona watched him walk away, steaming. It was only when he was too far away did Yoona realized she forgot to read his mind.


Taeyeon felt like a stalker. She'd been focusing on Sunggyu's mind all through gym class. Yet to no avail. She didn't get anything. And she'd tried sending him into an illusion, but she was pretty sure it didn't work.

That was weird. She was liking this boy less and less by the second.

~~~~~~

Jessica loved English class, considering she was fluent in it. It wasn't ever that emotional and she loved to write. Even though her 'talent' was business. This reminded her! 'Talents' was next period! 'Talents' was the only class all four girls had together! Jessica's sudden excitement got the whole class buzzing.

 

She hated when she did that. Sometimes she subconsciously passed her emotions to everyone else. Especially when they were strong emotions.

Jessica calmed everyone down and sighed. She tried to focus on the minds of the boy in the first row. She had been trying to do that all class, take readings on each and every individual boy, but she kept getting distracted. By the time class ended, she hadn't even gotten halfway done. She didn't even notice the boy in the far back corner, whose eyes never left her face.


Jessica embraced herself for the hectic hallway, and ran to Talents. She so needed her friends.

Yuri was already in class. That was so like her. Jessica was grateful she didn't have to look like a loner, though, and quickly grabbed the seat next to her.

"Hey." Yuri sighed, "Anything?"

"Nope. I tried, but I couldn't get anywhere!"

"Me neither." Yuri rubbed her neck, "This is harder than I thought!"

Yoona walked  in with her shoulders slumped and Taeyeon on her end tails.

"Hey guys," Yoona sighed, "Any good news?"

"We have a class together!" Yuri kept rubbing her neck.

"It's the end of the day!" Taeyeon perked.

"We have talents?" Jessica tried.

"I meant about situation BWMWCR!"

"That's much too long a name."Yuri stated, "Who about Situation BOYS?"

"What did BWMWCR mean, anyway?" Jessica looked confused.*

"Seriously, Jess?" Yoona looked down at her, irritated.

"What?" she backpedaled. She then became defensive, "It's a legit question."

"It doesn't matter." Yuri mediated the fight. She rubbed her head. She was really tired, and wasn't in the mood to hear Jessica and Yoona fight. She really just wanted class to be over with. And it hadn't even started yet.

"Okay class!" BoA, their teacher and a talented singer, walked in "Pay attention!"

Everyone in the class instantly shut up. Jessica had a feeling BoA was one of those teachers. The awesome ones who could make a class shut up just by talking.

"We're going to start with the basics. You all have talents. You are all very young. Yet these talents are very prominent. You know what you're good at and you know how to do it well.

"Or so you think. For your first assignment, I want you to write Five Rules." BoA stopped to write the words 'FIVE RULES' on the board, "Of your trade. Due tomorrow. Begin."

Jessica was feeling a tingling in the back of her neck. She turned around to see four really cute guys staring at the girls with confused looks on their faces.

What the hell? she wondered why she hadn't noticed these boys before.

She focused on their thoughts, and got…nothing? Absolutely nothing. She tried to get their feelings. She got three gauges of bored. Just three?

The dark-haired with the mysterious eyes was annoyed and bored. The red-haired one – Sunggyu, right? – was just bored, and the raven-haired one was cheerful and bored. It was the auburn haired one, then. The one she couldn't even get emotions on.

She  turned to her friends and whispered quickly, "They guys in the back? Got anything?"

Yoona paused for a moment, cocking her head to the side and then turning to look at the boys casually, "Nothing. And I can't see the dark haired ones aura!" She whispered when she was finished with her inspection.

Yuri frowned. "Nada. Nothing. mianhe."

Taeyeon glowered at Sunggyu from her seat, but then turned back to the girls, "Nothing."

Jessica  sighed, "I guess we found our glitches…"

The girls, watching BoA walk past, quickly stopped talking and got back to work. Jessica let her eyes stray back to see the auburn haired one's staring at her back with a meaningful gaze. Upon further inspection, She decided he was really cute. His eyes were a chocolate brown and his auburn hair was artfully styled. He was lean and muscular and obviously a heartthrob. She  could tell by the way he leaned on the desk. He caught her staring and smiled back at her.

Jessica knew this game, she'd played it before. While other girls might have blushed and stammered and turned away, she met his gaze confidently and smiled flirtatiously back.

There was something about that boy that intrigued her. Maybe it was the mystery, because he was so…unreadable.

And Jessica Jung  liked a challenge.

She winked at him, before turning around and writing her Five Rules.


"This is IMPOSSIBLE!" Jessica  yelled from the couch. She was staring at a blank sheet of paper. Well, it wasn't blank. It read: The Five Rules of Business by Jessica Jung  at the top in legible, neat printing, and it had numbers one through five written neatly down the side, but that was it. Nothing substantial.

"Poor Jessy." Yul said in mock pity, "Because the rest of ours are going so well."

"Yaa!" she perked up in her seat, "I have an idea!"

"What kind of an idea?" Yoona said warily. She was slumped over the counter, her Five Rules halfway done.

"What if we wrote our own Five Rules?" she got up and walked over to the kitchen.

"Like, rules of friendship or something?" Yuri rolled her eyes.

"No, for Psychics!" Jessica swatted at Yuri.

"Yeah!" Yoona smiled brightly, "Like, Rules to live by, or something!"

"The Five Rules of Being Psychic." Taeyeon said. She had been sitting quietly on the stairs, "We could call it the Five Rules of Being Psychic."

"I like that!" Yoona cheered, "I'll get paper and we can get started!" She ran off to get a sheet of paper.

"Really?" Yuri rolled her eyes again, "I can't believe we're doing this."

"Oh, shut up, Yul. It's gonna be fun!" Yoona called from the hallway.

"Yeah, sure. Fun." Yuri shook her head.

"Here we go!" Yoona help up an important-looking sheet of paper. On the top, she had written:

 

The Five Rules of Being Psychic

By: Im Yoona

"Now you have to sign your names." Yoona passed the paper around

"Now," Jesica looked at the sheet of paper, "Rules."

It was – for once – silent in the large house. The Five Rules of Being Psychic were coming out like Jessica's Five Rules of Business. Blank.

"Maybe," Taeyeon said quietly, "It's not like a right-now thing. Maybe it should be...like, as we live life kind of thing."

"I like that!" Yoona  bubbled, "That's a good idea, since it is rules to live by!" She tacked The Five Rules of Being Psychic on the fridge and smiled at it.

"At least now we have a project." May smiled.

"Yeah," Jessica agreed, "Now we have rules to live by."


"Hi, I'm Nam Woohyun." The auburn haired boy whose mind Jessica couldn't read slid onto her desk. She was trying to finish her paragraph for English before the bell rang, but it looked as if that wasn't going to happen.

"Hi." she smiled, "I'm Jessica. We have-"

"Talents. We have Talents together." He cut her off, still smiling.

"Right." she  agreed. She was just slightly annoyed that he had cut her off.

"So I was wondering…on Saturday, do you want to go out?"

Maybe it was the fact that she couldn't read his mind or his emotions, or maybe she just thought he was cute. But for some reason, Jessica opened up and spilled out the words: "Yeah, sure. It's a date."


 

 

Chapter Three: Crushed!
The girls get paired up with no one less than the boys to correct their Five Rules.
IN THE B-STORY:
Yuri and Dongwoo start to get along...:D (yes! yulwoo, or yuldong, Dongyul,Dongri whatever their shipping name is) 

Subscribe and Comment Please!^.^