That Bastard

That XX

 

That Bastard

 

Seunghyun’s POV

            I’ve been in love with her since I could remember.  It wasn’t a shock to me that I was head over heels for her.  She was just that loveable.  Her heart was one of a kind and I knew that she was a good person.  To add onto her intelligence, she had the greatest personality.  Im Yoona was very selfless; she always thought about others and did her best to make life better for those around her.  That was one of the biggest problems she had:  she would rather suffer than have those she love to be a tad bit uncomfortable.

            What’s the problem you ask?  There are many problems in this stupid situation.  She’s really smart, but she’s stupid in love.  She believes that he’s the one when it’s obvious that he’s not.  I’m her best friend, and even though I have told her millions of times that he does not deserve her, she ignores me and laughs it off.  She thinks I’m joking just because she had cut some of her time with me to be with him, but I’m serious.  I wish she knew better.  I wish she knew that I was in love with her and that I would be able to treat her better than he does.

_______________________

            Yoona looked absolutely beautiful.  I don’t know why she had to get all dolled up when she was going to see him.  In front of me, she didn’t do that.  She wore her glasses with her hair tied back.  She didn’t even wear makeup when she was with me, but in front of him, she felt the need to.  She sometimes wore short dresses, heels, and even fixed her hair for hours when she was out to see him.  I truly will never understand why she found the need to get so dressed up to see him.

            It’s okay as of now.  She was here with me because we needed to study for our anatomy class.  Graduation was nearing, and we always studied together.  I sat back in my chair and cleared my throat.  She tore her eyes away from the book she was reading and cupped her chin while looking at me.  That smile that I loved appeared, as her eyes grew smaller to form the shape of a crescent moon.

            “Tabi ah,” she called out, “What are you looking at?”

            “Why do you wear makeup when you’re with Taecyeon?” I finally asked her.

            She looked shocked that I asked that question.  She took off her glasses and breathed out in frustration.  She knew that Taecyeon and I never got along, but being the optimist she was, she always told herself that we’d one day get along.

            She spoke, “I don’t only wear makeup when I’m with him.”

            Why the hell was she so defensive?  It was true and she knew it!  Whenever she’s around other men, like my brothers, her cousins, or our other friends, she didn’t even bother to put on a speck of makeup, but if she knew that he was coming, she needed to get ready for hours to meet his standards.

            “You know that’s not true,” I scoffed, “I don’t know why you have to put layers and layers of makeup when he’s around.  You’re already beautiful the way you are.”

            I had to admit that she looked mature when she had makeup, but I noticed that every single time she met with him, she would put on more and more.  Before she met him, she’d put on foundation and face powder if she were tired so that she could cover her eye bags from staying up so late at night.  When she started seeing him, she added it on slowly. It started with eyeliner, then she went to lipstick, and then she added on blush, mascara, and eye shadow.  Each time, it grew thicker and thicker.  I know that when she looked at herself in the mirror, she didn’t see herself.

            “Tabi,” Yoona pouted, “He’s my first boyfriend.  You don’t know how much I love him.  I hope you understand that once I start getting more comfortable with him, I’ll lay off the makeup.”

            Those words hurt so much; it was like she had just rubbed some salt into a fresh, open wound.  She her lips nervously.  None of her friends liked him, and I was the leader to that group of friends.  I hated his guts.  If I were going to lose her to someone, I would at least want him to treat her right.

            “Where’s your man right now?” I questioned.

            She put her book down and sighed deeply.  She her lips again and stared at me.

            “He’s at his mom’s house,” Yoona stated, “Tabi, stop it.  I know you’re going to accuse him of doing something stupid like getting in trouble with the law or something.  He’s at his mom’s house, okay?”

            I wanted to hunt him down.  How dare he tell her that he was in his mom’s house?  I saw him earlier in the mall with a girl in his arm.  The girl had so much makeup on, and she might as well have been walking around .  Her clothes were so revealing that some mothers covered the eyes of their children as they walked by.

            “I saw him with someone,” I blurted out.

            Just like that, her jaw dropped.  Sadness filled her eyes, and I wanted to take away that pain.  I had spent my whole life protecting her, but there is something that I can’t keep away from her.  I knew that from the moment she started puberty when we were in middle school, I’d have to crack some skulls, but I never would have guessed that she was this stupid.

            “Stop joking around,” she mumbled.

            She knew that he was cheating on her.  This wasn’t the first time she heard it from someone.  Sunny saw him with another girl last month.  Two weeks ago, Daesung told her that he saw Taecyeon with a different girl in a club.  I frowned and crossed my arms against my chest.  I was not joking around, and I could not stand seeing her this miserable.

            “Tabi, it couldn’t be him!” she was defensive, “He told me that he’s at his mom’s house.  That’s why he couldn’t go through with our date.  He’s at his mom’s house.”

            There was no way around it.  She was going to keep on denying the problems and flaws of Ok Taecyeon until it ate her alive.  She was letting herself become tortured.  I sighed because I knew that I lost.  She was too in love with him.

            “Maybe I saw wrong,” I swallowed in defeat, “Maybe it wasn’t him.”

            She knew I was lying so that she wouldn’t feel so bad and cry, but she didn’t care.  She would rather be with him and suffer than live without him.

______________________________

            I rolled my eyes as I saw Taecyeon and Yoona arguing.  They were both like children.  I watched with carefulness and intent until my friends interrupted me.  I looked at Daesung and Seungri with frowns on their faces.  I looked back at the couple to see that Taecyeon was pulling her by the wrist so that they were out of everyone’s eyes.  He obviously didn’t want people to see that she was yelling at him for the same reason why she yelled at him the last time.

            I was about to stand up so that I could keep an eye on them.  If he touched her, I swear I’d give him hell.  Seungri grabbed my wrist and forced me to sit down next to him.  With a disapproving look on his face, he sighed.

            “Hyung, I know that you want to stop their argument, but you can’t this time,” Seungri mumbled, “This is between them two.”

            Daesung added in a cold tone, “I just wish that she saw how much of a jerk he is.”

            “Yeah,” Seungri agreed, “He’s an .  I saw him making out with a girl in his car this morning.”

            “That bastard,” I muttered.

_____________________________

            “Taecyeon oppa didn’t go with his family to Japan just for me!” Yoona said in a cheerful voice.

            It had been a month since they argued in front of everyone.  I still can’t believe that she forgave him so easily.  I knew for a fact that Taecyeon didn’t have a family vacation and that he had just cancelled one of his dates with another girl so that Yoona wouldn’t be as suspicious.  I wanted to knock some sense into her, but I knew she was helpless.  She had to see it for herself for her to leave his sorry .

            She went on and on with how perfect he was.  I wish she knew that he was a selfish, cruel bastard that made her look stupid.  Everyone knew that he cheated and lied to her, but she would always ignore it.  I don’t get why a great woman could fall for a lowlife.  I wish she just knew that I’m in love with her.  When I told her that I loved her, she would laugh and think that I was joking because we have been best friends since we were in high school.  She thinks that I love her as a sister, but I don’t.  I love her like she’s the other half of my soul.

___________________________

Yoona’s POV

            My hands were shaking in front of me.  He was staring at me with so much anger.  He had never been the type to explode out of rage.  When I met him, he was an easy-going guy, but now, he was the complete opposite.

            I had to admit that our relationship was a rollercoaster ride.  There were times when we’d be sweet and loving one moment and we’d be bickering and fighting like there was no tomorrow the next day.  Some call us a bipolar couple, but I always ignored it just for him.  I blew off a movie night with Seunghyun, Young Bae, Taeyeon, and Tiffany just for him, and he forgot our date.

            To add more pain to my suffering, he had a woman in his bed.  He must have forgotten that we were supposed to go out.  Many people have told me that he was seeing others, and I would believe them at first, but then when I’d confront him, all of my suspicions would melt away.  Taecyeon had a way with his words.  His words were assuring and smooth that I believed every single one of them.  Yes, I know I’m a stupid girl.  I know that I deserve better, but I couldn’t find the will to break up with him.  He was my first boyfriend and first love.  I didn’t know why, but I believed that if I waited for him to change, he would and it would be worth it.

            “How dare you?” he threatened.

            I took a step back, “How dare I?  How dare you!  You had another woman in your bed!  How could you cheat on me?  Seunghyun was right!  You are a bastard!”

            He laughed at my statement.  He cupped his chin as I felt the anger boiling under my skin.  I was the laughing stock of our university because of him, but I could not stand him laughing at me.  He didn’t even deserve to find amusement in our situation.

            I had driven the girl right out of his bed.  Even though I was face to face with him, I felt so alone and cold.  The man that I thought was knight in shining armor was nothing but a phony.  I guess Seunghyun was right.  He told me that I just had to see it for myself because I was blind with love.

            “Yoona, we’ve been at this for like what…six months?” Taecyeon chuckled to himself, “I’ve been seeing and sleeping with other women since the first week I asked you to be my girlfriend.  I can’t believe that you let it go on this long.  I finally discovered a way to keep a girl longer with my cheating habits.  I should always go for the inexperienced, naïve girls.  It makes everything so much easier.  Girls like you are so gullible.  It amuses me.”

            I immediately threw a fist at his chest as he took a step back from the impact.  He looked so angry, but I didn’t care.  He was a cheating bastard, and I hated him.

            “You ing bastard!” I screamed.

            He scoffed, “You know that you’re going to come back to me, right?”

            I hated his confidence in this.  It was different now.  I had to see it with my own eyes.

            “No, a guy like you doesn’t deserve a girl like me,” I told him.

            He darkly stared at me, “And what?  You’re going to go to that guy Seunghyun?  You’re going to finally let him love you?”

            What in the world was he saying?  I let Seunghyun love me.  I was his best friend, and everyone understood our deep friendship.  Of course, there was a phase in high school when I thought I was in love with him, but it was over that once I met Taecyeon. 

            “What are you saying?” I asked him, “I’m leaving you.”

            Those last three words had made him snap.  He tilted his head in one swift motion and next thing I knew, I was pinned against the wall.  I cringed in pain as I felt my head against the wall.  My back was slammed against the hard wall, and I felt weak immediately.  I gaped in horror as I felt his hand slap my face.  It was fast but very painful.  I felt more emotional pain than physical pain. 

            “You’re not leaving me!” he cried out with wild eyes.

            I knew that this was going to progress to something crazier.  I could die if I stayed and let him abuse me.  I kicked him in his groin and he immediately let go of me.  I scrambled for the exit until I felt something hit me on the top part of my forehead.  I heard a shattering noise and immediately knew that he had hit me with something made of glass.

            I fell to the ground and was on my back.  Was I going to die?  I didn’t know.  He stood over me as he continued to kick me while I lied helplessly on the floor.

            “You ing !” he cursed as he continued to kick me, “You are not leaving me!  If I can’t have you, no one will!”

            Each kick felt like death.  Each blow felt like hell.  My body went numb and I felt myself slip into unconsciousness.  Maybe I was going to die today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

            Yoona felt like when she woke up.  She felt like her body was going to give out any single minute now.  She tried to her lips, but she didn’t even have the energy to do it.  As soon as she opened her eyes, she thought she had crossed to the other life, but she didn’t.  She was on a hospital bed.  Her friends were staring at her with worry.

            Her face was covered in bruises and her chest area felt heavy.  She saw cuts on her arms and nasty purple and blue bruises on her neck from a mirror against the wall.

            Seohyun, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon were concerned over her being and were there when she woke up.  The other girls either had class or work.

            “What happened?” Yoona asked in a hoarse voice.

            “Taecyeon’s neighbor heard noises and called the police.  The police caught him in time.  They said that you could have died.  He had beat you to a pulp,” Hyoyeon explained with anger.

            Yoona weakly answered, “I tried leaving him…but he got so violent.”

            “We know,” Seohyun said soothingly, “He’s in jail right now.”

            A knock was heard on the door, and it was Seohyun, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon’s cue to leave.  They smiled robustly and made their way out of the hospital room.  Another person entered the room.  It was a shock to see that a police officer had to be there with him.

            “I’m sorry I have to be escorted by a police officer,” he apologized.

            Yoona rubbed her eyes but stopped because her arms were aching.

            “What did you do?” Yoona asked.

            Seunghyun answered, “I…well…I’ll tell you later when you get better.”

            The police officer rolled his eyes, “Seunghyun sshi barged into the police headquarters once he learned that Taecyeon sshi was in custody and he had beat him senseless.  Taecyeon sshi is in the hospital as of now to get medical treatment for the damage that Seunghyun sshi had given him.  I have to Seunghyun sshi everywhere until Taecyeon sshi leaves the hospital to prevent anymore violence.”

            “What?” Yoona gasped.

            “Taecyeon sshi has a busted lip, a broken nose, and two black eyes,” the police officer reported with amusement in his voice, “The man deserved it for laying his hands on a woman.”

            Seunghyun scratched his head with his good hand, “Officer, do you mind giving me a minute with her?”

            “I’ll wait out the door,” he nodded.

            The police officer made his leave and it grew silent between the two best friends.  Yoona noticed that he had a bandage wrapped around his right hand.  He saw her staring at his hurt arm and blushed in embarrassment.

            “I guess my anger was too much,” Seunghyun coughed, “My skin on my knuckles opened up.  I couldn’t stop punching that bastard even though it hurt myself.”

            Yoona wanted to punish herself.  Seunghyun was protecting her again even though she had taken Taecyeon’s side so many times.  Tears began to escape from her eyes.  She hated that she ignored the fact that Seunghyun had been in love with her.  She should’ve accepted his love and flourished with it.  She knew she was always playing stupid when he would tell her that he loved her.

            She covered her face, “My face must be disgusting to you.  I’ll have to cover up the bruises with so much makeup for the next few weeks until it heals.”

            “No,” he shook his head, “No more makeup.  You look pretty no matter what.  You’re always beautiful in my eyes.”

            It was time for him to confess.  It was the perfect time.  It was now or never for him.

            “Yoona, I love you, and I wanted to tell you that it’s more to than being—,” he was cut off.

            Yoona rested her bruised and scraped hand on top of his injured, bandaged hand.  With a little smile, she stared intently into his eyes.

            “I know,” she confessed, “I love you, too.  I’m in love with you.  I have always been, and I’m sorry it took me this long to realize it.”


Author's Note:  yay, I finally posted it! ^__^

Now back to the reality of studying for midterms... :'(

Btw, I'm sorry to those that really like Taec and Jiyeon.  I like them, too, but I pictured them as the perfect villians. lol.