Forgive me

Forgive me

    If I were to say my best friend was a perfect person i would be practically saying the sky was royal blue. It may not be perfectly correct but in my eyes she's perfect. From her sterling black hair to her short skinny legs. This is dedicated to my best friend Park Yoonhae

          -          -
"Mommy, why do you always kiss that photo with the pretty girl," I asked. Why, I wondered, did mommy always kiss this pretty girl? Why not talk to her? 
"Because she's my sister,"my mom turned her back away from me as her voice turned an octave higher. I know that sound, the sound of my mom crying. She always cries on the day of April 27th of every year. Why? I don't know, but on this day she always sends me to daycare even though I hate it there.
                       ***
"I can't believe your 17 and you still look through the attic like your a newborn child, curious and all,"my mom laughed a full loving sound. Man I was going to miss that smile when I'm in college.
"You know me. I'm a late bloomer,"I laughed. I was looking through our attic. For some reason I felt like I should know my house before I leave to college. I've always wondered why things stay and some things leave our attic. My mom was looking through her college box thing while I was looking through daddy's. 
"Omo...,"my mom whispered. Oh no, her voice turned that octave higher. That sound makes me shiver with pain and sadness. 
"I'll be right back,"my mom turned her back. Oh no, another bad sign. Slowly as she rose she dropped a single piece of paper  that dropped slowly, oh so slowly. As she left I couldn't help feel a draw to the paper that seemed to draw the line for my moms happiness and sadness. That paper weighed ten tons on the see-saw between happiness and sadness. I was being drawn to the past that brought tears to my mothers face. To the past...
 
Seohyun 
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I can't believe you died because of me. Because of my own ignorance! Why? In a never-ending cycle of pain I wake up from nightmares of your dead conscious blaming me. Everyone tells me it was an accident but what happened? Is it true? Should I follow you to death? Please you have to come back. You have to! You have to! I tell myself I was protecting you but was I really? 
 I knew he wasn't good for you! Forgive me... Be healthy.. Be healthy in heaven if they you're up there.  My ignorance killed you... Rest in peace. 
 
"What the hell are you doing," my mother yelled. She never yells like that. Like she's screaming for her sanity. She can't be like this. Whatever this letter meant, it didn't matter. What's happening? Why is she on the brick of looking hysterical.
"Mom what is this? Why does it sound suicidal? Why does it sound like you killed someone,"I shouldn't have said that. Tears welled up till the brown in her eyes turned to water. 
"I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to. She was my best friend. My ignorance. She wasn't meant to die, it wasn't her time."my mom spoke above a whisper. She wasn't speaking, she was spilling her heart. 
"Hey hey. It's okay. What happened," I asked softly. Was it safe to dig into these painful memories? Was it worth it.
"I don't know. I dont know. Just follow along,"she sobbed quietly,"It all happened when we were eating at the mall. Not a worry on our minds. A innocent talk about blood types..."
 
"Your kidding me! You still haven't watched Vampire u-kiss,"I laughed.
"I love ukiss but you know exo," Seohyun  muttered. My cute best friend has EXOtic problems. I shook my head as I took a bite out my sandwich. Seohyuns  paying since she didn't watch vampire u-kiss.
"Whats that even about," her boyfriend, Yonghwa, asked . Man, Seohyun choses well. Hes funny, nice, and good looking. I'm so proud of her ^_^' 
"Its basically about the different blood types and how they have different personalities," I said proudly. My KISSme personality was rising. I shouldn't creep out her boyfriend yet.
"Oh. Really? That's interesting. What's your blood type guys," he asked. 
"I have no idea," me and Seohyun both said at the same time. We smiled and mouthed best friend telepathy to each other.
"Here," he pulled out a knife and two plastic bags,"Let's find out now." He smiled his bright smile.
"Oh my! Did you plan this," I laughed nervously. I want to know my blood type but this is weird.
"Yeah we're good," Yoonhae smiled. Thankfully she's  a little creeped out.
"Come on guys. If minhae needs an emergency blood infusion we need to know her blood type," he joked. I do want to know my blood  type if I need a blood  infusion.
"Fine," I surrendered. I gave him my wrist. He smiled and cut a slit of my wrist. We looked in amazement as my blood dripped slowly into the plastic bag. My flowing blood tells about my personality and my life...
                   ***
"Wait why is this important,"I asked. 
"Oh trust me. It's very important. He drew both our bloods that day. Man I hate his guts,"my mom muttered," Anyways it affects me and yoonhaes whole life about 2 months later.."
 
 "Wasn't that movie amazing,"I said in amazement. Normally I don't like action movies but since it was the last hunger games movie I loved it. Loved it.
"It's good. But I don't understand some of it," Yonghwa said.
"Probably because you didn't read the books. This was made for the fans,"I smiled proudly. Normally I wasn't this excited about a simple movie, but this time I definitely felt it.
"Oh my god! Minhae! Call an ambulance," Yonghwa screamed. I know he doesn't understand the movie but he doesn't have to be all dramatic about it
"Calm-,"I turned around. My heart stopped completely. Seohyun..
               ~~~~
"She might be okay, but she's in a critical condition. Is there any family we can call,"the doctor said. It didn't matter I couldn't take this anymore. I can't concentrate. It's like I'm high. I can't breathe, I can't see, my senses are shot dead. Is it possible to be alive without breathing.
"Her parents are out of town," Yonghwa whispered. This was hard on all of us. Maybe it's selfish to say but I feel it the hardest. Did he know her deepest secrets? Did he know her favorite flavor of gummy bears? 
"We need an emergency exchange of the blood. It's to late to do a blood test on you two. She has blood type A. Does anyone else have the same blood type,"the doctor said affirmably. I don't know. I don't know. I'm to unprepared. She wasn't supposed to die right now.
"She does. She also has the same blood type," Yonghwa sadly said. Slowly my head rose. I can save yoonhae. I can save her.
"We need you to consent to this blood fission,"the doctor said, looking straight into my eyes like I didn't want to do this. I'm her other half. I can do this. He left the room as I had a million thoughts running through my mind. Is she going to be okay? The doctor came back with a clipboard and pen. I didn't need to read it. I knew what I needed to do.
"Okay. You're just going to go into that room and we're going to draw some of your blood. After this you will get your own room since we will need a lot of blood," the nurse smiled sweetly though her eyes were empty with no emotion. She isn't here to help me. She's here just for the money she gets from helping me. 
"Alright,"I smiled back and followed her as she took steps to the mysterious room. I'm close. I'm close to saving Seohyun. 
"Just close your eyes. It won't hurt a bit..."
                   ***
"..what are we going to do? She doesn't have a chance now,"the doctor muttered to the nurse. He doesn't have to tell us. Just by his steps I could tell he was going to bring tears.
"There seems to be a problem. It seems your blood type does not match Yoonhaes. You two have to has the same blood type of it could kill her," What is he saying?  Yonghwa said we had the same blood type. We could do this fission. There shouldn't be a problem! She shouldn't die because of me! I should be saving her. 
"What is he talking about,"I'm not yelling. I'm not yelling. I gritted my teeth to make sure im not yelling. 
"I didn't test the blood. I didn't know what to do," Yonghwa said. He stopped. He ing needs to explain himself."She was dying and I didn't know what to do. I didn't know having two different blood types would kill her. I didn't know"
"You never tested the blood. Of course," I sobbed. What was I supposed to feel? I feel like dying. I can't think. I raised my head to look into his eyes. His eyes changed from guilt to sadness. What happened? I turned around... Oh no...that beep only happens in movies...
                ***
"You can guess the rest,"my mon gravely said. Normally she looks half her age but this time she looked twice. I can guess the rest but it doesn't mean I want to.
"Wait,"I whispered. I grabbed on to her skirt like I was five. I felt like one. I didnt have any life experience compared to my mom.
"What? I told you the story,"my mom looked gravely at me.
"I love you. You're going to be okay,"I smiled. My smile didn't change the color in my moms face.
"You're not the person I need forgiveness from. You don't understand. The way it feels to know you hurt someone you loved..."
                *** 
I don't know how to end this one-shot. I hope you enjoyed it. I hope you cherish your friends. This isnt a true story lol. I tried to make it bitter sweet but in the end its just bitter. Haha. I love you my best friend. '_' I plan to present this to you as a Christmas present ^_^