We had it backwards

We had it backwards

Siwon eyed his father warily as the imposing Elder Choi sat before his son weighing his words. The young man knows exactly what the topic for today will be and it would be a lie to deny that he would rather avoid it.

 

“Where have you been this past week?” Elder Choi begins.

 

“Hospital.” Siwon mutters reluctantly as he plays with his fingers nervously.

 

“Why?”

 

“Kyu….I mean, that boy you saw the other day, he was very sick.”

 

Awkward silence befell them. Elder Choi is seething in anger, Siwon can feel it.

 

“He’s the you were having a good time with lately?”

 

Siwon felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up as he tensed. “He’s not a , Father.” He said in slow deliberate tones that his father chose to ignore.

 

“I never pay your ual preferences any mind, Siwon. All I ask is that you marry Melanie so the company will have new funds to expand.”

 

“He’s not a , Father.” Siwon repeats himself coldly.

 

“What would you call him then? Your ?” Elder Choi jeers nastily.

 

Siwon’s breathings quickens as his anger spills over. “I call him my lover. He’s carrying my child.”

 

Elder Choi’s eyes widened. He certainly wasn’t expecting this. As the impact of the shock wears off, he finds himself wanting to wipe the smug look off his son’s face.

 

“Just pay him off. Melanie can bear you a dozen kids if you really desire children so much.” Elder Choi replies with a dismissive wave of his hand.

 

Siwon glares at his father. He has no doubt that his father is a heartless bastard and he finally realized where his genes came from.

 

Without another word Siwon got onto his feet. “Excuse me, Father. I have a pregnant lover and an unborn child to look after.”

 

“You do know that,” Elder Choi’s voice successfully stops Siwon in his stride towards the exit. “I will disown you the moment you step out of that door.”

 

Siwon finds himself smiling at the light sneer in his father’s voice.

 

“You will lose everything. Money, status, cards, car, expensive clothes, everything you have grown used of since you were born.”

 

Without replying, Siwon continues towards the door.

 

“I will demand that you return me everything that I have provided for you….starting with your wallet.”

 

That finally made Siwon turn to look at his father in horror. But the smug look on the elder’s face toughens something within him. Without a word he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and threw it on the coffee table before his father.

 

“Your accessories.”

 

A watch, diamond cuff links, a gold chain are laid on the table next.

 

“Shoes.”

 

Siwon worked his bespoke leather shoes off his feet and left them where he stood.

 

“Clothes.”

 

Siwon’s heart jumped. Does his father, no, the man who born and raised him, really intend for him to walk out onto the street ?

It seems so.

 

The pride in Siwon made him strip quickly and with dignity despite the situation he finds himself in now.

 

“Keep the briefs and socks. I won’t have the police harassing me about maintaining social graces.”

 

Elder Choi really seems to be enjoying himself as he flashed his son an amused grin.

 

Siwon knows he is being dismissed. With his shoulders high and back straight he made his way towards the door again. Remembering something, he turned to his father.

 

“Can I borrow some cab money from you, Mr Choi?” Siwon asks with gritted teeth. If he has to grovel, he knows he will, if this is the way of life from now on.

 

Elder Choi narrow his eyes in fury. He will not admit that it hurts his parental pride to have the son he brought up to be an excellent youth and successor begging for chump change like a street beggar.

 

Pulling a few dollars out of the wallet Siwon left behind, he threw them at the man. “Consider this my last bit of parental duty.”

 

“Thank you, Father. I will pray for your good health every day.” Siwon mutters as he gathers the fallen paper money and turn to leave again.

 

This time he has no problem reaching the door. Opening it, he steps through it. As he pulls it to a close behind him, he breathed a sigh of relief.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun is lying awake in bed staring out of the large window next to him. He could see the tree trunk and the tiny flowers growing out of the moss covered surface. Birds are singing out there somewhere and he could even see a tiny corner of clear blue sky if he turned at the right angle.

 

But none of these is attracting his attention. He is just staring at them unseeingly while his mind and his heart are fighting to be heard.

 

He still doesn’t know who this man who calls himself Choi Siwon really is, and what he wants from him. But scenes from the hotel, the girl kissing him and clinging onto him for dear life, are hurting the frail man badly.

 

What do I do now? Where do I go from here?

 

Kyuhyun his baby bump to remind himself that he is no longer alone. He has a living being depending on him now. Dropping everything and running away is no longer an option.

 

A lone tear rolls down his cheek as he sighs.

 

“Kyu?”

 

Startled slightly, Kyuhyun turned to the source of the voice. He sees Zhou Mi standing at the entrance, eyes twinkling and a soft smile on his lips, as always.

Oh, how he loved that man!

 

Zhou Mi was a very caring lover. Kyuhyun was looked after, cared for and loved so much he no longer remembers what it felt like to be alone and unloved. That was why when Zhou Mi shared with him his dreams to become a doctor; the boy knew the time for him to reciprocate all the love Zhou Mi gave him. With a heavy heart and a brave smile, he sent Zhou Mi off to fulfill his dreams.

 

 

 

And now he’s back…

 

But he’s pregnant with another man’s child…

 

Unloved and alone….

 

But no longer does he have to right to accept Zhou Mi’s love.

 

 

“Earth to Kyuhyun….can you read me, Kyuhyun-sshi?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckles as he broke free of his reverie. Zhou Mi smiled. It was their private joke, when Kyuhyun will space out at intervals while watching Zhou Mi cook for him, back when they were lovers.

 

“I made you your favourite bibimbap.” Zhou Mi said. “Let’s go to the cafeteria to eat it!”

 

Before Kyuhyun could answer, a loud commotion could be heard outside on the corridor. Zhou Mi turned to see what the fuss was about. He was certainly taken aback to see a Siwon clad only in briefs and socks striding towards him.

 

“What the ~”

 

Siwon brushed past him with a look of firm determination on his face. Before Zhou Mi could recover himself, Siwon has entered the room and approached a very stunned Kyuhyun.

 

“We need to talk.” Siwon informs the younger who is still staring at him with wide eyes and a slack mouth. Siwon turned towards Zhou Mi and glared. “Privately.”

 

“I’ll come back later.” Zhou Mi mutters awkwardly and left the room.

 

“What happened? Where are your clothes? Were you robbed?” Kyuhyun fired a series of concerned questions at the Adonis standing before him. His eyes roamed uncontrollably out of appreciation for the man’s perfect physique and he has to will himself to stop.

 

Siwon, however, seems to notice none of the straying. He sat down on the chair next to the bed and reached out to grasp his lover’s hands in his.

 

His fingers are so cold!

 

Siwon grimaced at the thought of Kyuhyun suffering so much because he couldn’t overcome his pride.

 

“Baby, I need to tell you something.” Siwon starts. He had to grit his teeth to fight the boy who is struggling against him to remove his hands from his grasp.

 

“Let go of me please.” Kyuhyun requests coolly when he failed, miserably.

 

“In a moment, Won’t you let me have a chance to explain myself? Please?”

 

Anger flashed in Kyuhyun’s chocolate orbs. “ If you would recall, I gave you a lot of chances to explain yourself!”

 

“I-I know….and I am very sorry….for throwing those chances away.” Siwon sighed. “But now, I am begging for one last chance. One last chance to explain.”

 

“I’m tired of hearing your lies, Siwon-sshi.” Kyuhyun retorts. “Pardon me if I don’t feel like listening to your bull anymore!

 

“Go home, go back to your girlfriend. Or maybe she’s your wife!” Tears rolled down Kyuhyun’s cheeks as he spoke cruelly. The boy is clearly agitated.

 

“N-no, please.” Siwon seems to lose all his ability to speak as Kyuhyun railed at him.

 

“ Please don’t throw me out, I have nowhere to go!” Siwon starts to cry. “ I have no clothes, no money, no home to go to anymore!”

 

“W-what?” Kyuhyun stopped ranting to look at the pathetic-looking man. ‘What do you mean? What happened?”

 

“I threw everything away for a boy I love.” Siwon mutters weakly.

 

It’s Kyuhyun’s turn to lose his ability to speak. He could only stare at the man grinning at him goofily.

 

“Oh Won….what have you done?” Kyuhyun starts to cry. Siwon shot up from his seat to embrace the weeping boy.

 

 

 

‘You mean you took a cab here wearing only your briefs?” Hyukjae asks incredulously.

 

“Uh-huh!” Siwon replied happily as he fed another large spoon of bibimbap into Kyuhyun’s mouth. He is now clad in a tight tee, ill-fitting pants and bathroom slippers but he has never been happier in his bespoke suits.

 

“Look at you!’ Siwon coos as he wipes away the traces of chilli paste smearing the corners of Kyuhyun’s mouth as the boy chewed his food with a big grin on his face.

 

“The poor cab driver! He must be traumatized for life!” Hyukjae exclaimed dramatically but no one seems to mind him, The lovebirds are whispering and sharing a private joke, laughing merrily amongst them.

 

“YAH! Respect your hyung!” Hyukjae warned teasingly then flash his infamous gummy grin at them. Siwon frowned while Kyuhyun sticks out his tongue before all 3 dissolved into laughter.

 

“So you have forgiven Siwon huh?” Hyukjae asks his maknae. Kyuhyun nodded quickly and flash his hyung an adorable pout. “Ok then.”

 

“Here comes the milk!” Donghae exclaimed loudly as he dashed in balancing a glass of warm milk in his hand. Siwon stood up to meet him halfway, taking the glass from him before returning to Kyuhyun’s side to feed the boy.

 

“Take care now, it’s hot.” Siwon mutters absently as he maneuvers the glass carefully on Kyuhyun’s lips. The boy beamed at him showing how much he felt loved by the older. Hyukjae rolled his eyes while Donghae chuckles.

 

“I still can’t believe how easily you forgave him.” Hyukjae flicks his tongue in disapproval at his maknae.

 

“Siwon meant no harm. He did what he had to do to protect me and our….baby.” Kyuhyun blushed heavily at the last word. Siwon cooed immediately at how adorable his lover is.

 

“But,” Siwon’s face fell suddenly much to Kyuhyun’s alarm. “Now I am penniless, I can’t afford to hire a specialist for you, or buy you expensive vitamins….”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head quickly, eyes already moist. “I don’t need those things, Wonnie. All I need is you ~”

 

“AWWWWWWW!!!!” Donghae exclaimed loudly. Kyuhyun lowered his head shyly at the teasing while Siwon grinned stupidly.

 

“Don’t worry about that, I’ll foot the bills.” Zhou Mi’s voice interrupts the heartwarming scene. Siwon scowls at the approaching man.

 

“Mi ~” Kyuhyun looked at him in surprise.

 

“Heel, boy, heel!” Zhou Mi said jokingly at the man who looks like he is about to tear him up into shreds with his bare hands.

 

“You’re not welcomed here.” Siwon growled. “Neither is your charity!”

 

“Calm down, big guy.” Zhou Mi chuckles while the remaining 3 in the room looked at them in confusion.

 

“I’m calm.” Siwon snaps at the laughing man. Ignoring the furious mass blocking his way, Zhou Mi made his way around the bed and took Kyuhyun’s hand into his. A strangled growl escaped Siwon’s throat and he was about to slap Zhou Mi’s hands away when the doctor spoke up.

 

“Congratulations, baby.”

 

“Mi ~”

 

“The thought of wooing you back did cross my mind. But I know you love Siwon-sshi now. I couldn’t bear seeing you in a limbo like that.”

 

“So you….” Siwon utters in astonishment as realization hits him. Zhou Mi nods wisely.

 

“What’s happening?” Kyuhyun asks narrowing his eyes shrewdly at the 2 men who are exchanging knowing smiles. “Tell meee….” He whines for good measure but they would only chuckle at little secret.

 

“And for your information, yes.” Zhou Mi said to an even more confused Kyuhyun.

 

“Yes? What?” The boy furrows his brows.

 

“Yes, I will be delighted to be your baby’s godfather!”

 

“Godfather?!” A series of loud exclamations echoed in the room.

 

“Of course! I am paying for the pre-natal doctor’s visits and the vitamins, only for my little godchild.”

 

“I want to be a godfather too!” Donghae whines loudly with a frustrated pout. “Hyukie too!”

 

“Huh what? Me?” Hyukjae mumbles in a daze.

 

“We’ll pay for his education fees!” Donghae proclaims haughtily.

 

‘W-what?! No! We can’t aff-“ Hyukjae begins to protest but a glare from his boyfriend stops him cold.

 

“We’ll start saving up from today!” Donghae declares gaily as he jumps about excitedly. Siwon and Zhou Mi burst into laughter at the animated man running around them. Kyuhyun smiles, bending down to whisper to his unborn child as he fondles his baby bump.

 

“See how lucky you are, baby.” He whispers gratefully. His heart felt tightly squeezed to the point of bursting, never in his life have he felt so much love that it’s spilling over the sides now.

 

 

 

Later, while Kyuhyun slept, Siwon and Zhou Mi are having a drink together in the cafeteria.

 

“Thank you.” Siwon said sincerely.

 

Zhou Mi laughs without answering. Siwon smiled with a light blush on his cheeks. Feeling shy for no real reason, he took a sip from his coffee cup attempting to hide himself behind it.

 

“I really started out wanting to woo Kyu away from you, you know.” Zhou Mi spoke up casually, ignoring the shocked look on Siwon’s face.

 

“But then I realized that he loves you deeply now. We can never be what we were before.” Zhou Mi smiles ruefully. “He loves you so much so he is willing to live with all this uncertainty and ambiguity.”

 

Siwon sighs softly with regret. “Thank you.” He repeats again with gratitude this time.

 

“No need to thank me. I did it all for Kyu.”

 

“I figured.” Siwon smiles sadly.

 

“Good. Then you must be aware that if you ever hurt Kyu again, I will not let you off easy.”

 

Siwon nod earnestly as they share a smile.

 

@

 

 

“Ahhhh……my bed is the most comfy!” Kyuhyun remarks with a smile as he sank back against his pillows. Siwon stood by his side enjoying the sight of his adorable lover with a smile.

 

“Hmmm……everything smells of you now, Wonnie!” Kyuhyun complains as he took a whiff of his blanket.

 

Siwon is alarmed. It’s true that he has been sleeping in Kyuhyun’s bed while the other was in hospital. “You don’t like it? I’ll wash everything tomorrow to get rid of the smell.” He offers hurriedly.

 

“Hmmmm…….” Kyuhyun pretends to hesitate, chewing his bottom lip thoughtfully. Then he beamed. “I love it! You smell so good, Wonnie!”

 

Siwon broke into a relieved smile as Kyuhyun pulls the covers over his head to cocoon himself in his lover’s scent.

 

“You are such a tease, Cho Kyuhyun.” Siwon mutters lovingly as he the boy’s cheek gently after pulling away the cover blocking his view of the beautiful sight. A soft chuckle bubbles on Kyuhyun’s lip.

 

Siwon leaned forward to plant a kiss on those same lips, nibbling oh so gently, the velvety surface. Rushed breathing tickles the tip of his nose as Kyuhyun mewls with pleasure.

 

“I love you ~” Siwon whispers.

 

“I love you too.” Kyuhyun replies steadfastly.