We had it backwards

We had it backwards

 

“Hae ~”

 

“Yes, Kyu? What’s wrong? You sound ~ well, bad.”

 

“I have a problem.”

 

“Problem? What is it? Are you safe? Where are you?”

 

“Y-yes.” The cool voice cracked a little.

 

“What is it then?”

 

“I’m…..I’m pre-pregnant.” The cracked voice shook violently finished with a loud whoosh of exhaled breath.

 

“WHAT?!” Donghae shouted followed by a loud crash.

 

“Hae? Hae! Are you ok? Hae! Answer me! Hae! HYUNG!”

 

 

@

 

 

“You are hopeless!” Hyukjae hisses at the man beside him.

 

“….” Donghae mumbled unintelligently with his head lowered.

 

Kyuhyun came out of the kitchen with a glass of water in each hand. “Here.”

 

“Thanks.” Hyukjae mutters half-heartedly as he took both glasses from his host.

 

“Are you feeling okay now?’ Kyuhyun asks Donghae.

 

“He’s fine.” Hyukjae said dismissively when he saw that Donghae still insists on muttering to the carpet under his feet. “When I got home he was starting to regain consciousness and picking himself off the floor.”

 

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t planning of knocking you out so bad.” Kyuhyun murmurs absently.

 

“So…you’re pretty sure?” Hyukjae asks with a quick show of discomfort.

 

“Yup, the pregnancy home kit confirmed it, the doctor proven it.” Kyuhyun replied coolly.

 

“What are you gonna do now?” Hyukjae asks worriedly now.

 

“I don’t know….really.” For the first time since they stepped through his door, Kyuhyun’s stiff façade cracked a little.

 

Donghae’s head shot up. “Aren’t you going to tell him?”

 

“Who?” Hyukjae frowned. Obviously he has no idea who impregnated his maknae and he don’t like it that he doesn’t.

 

“Choi Siwon.” Kyuhyun said coldly. “No, I don’t think so.”

 

“Why not?” Donghae persists.

 

“It’s only a one-night stand, he did not stick around long enough to matter.” Kyuhyun said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

 

“ONE-NIGHT STAND?!” Hyukjae bellowed. “How many ti ~”

 

“Yes, yes, I know, and I am sorry! Especially now, sorry!” Kyuhyun cuts the impending lecture off with an anguish shout. “I’m sorry, OK?! SORRY!”

 

Donghae glared angrily at Hyukjae who is nothing but horrified before pushing himself off his seat towards the weeping youngest. Engulfing the shuddering skinny body with his arms, he made cooing noises to soothe the sadness his dongsaeng is obviously undergoing.

 

“Sorry.” Kyuhyun mutters softly with his head lowered after he calmed down sufficiently for Donghae to let of him. He twists the tissue in his hands, unable to say anything else.

 

“Stop apologising.” Donghae replied. “It’s not your fault.”

 

“It is ~” Kyuhyun continues to mutter.

 

“What?” Hyukjae tensed up again.

 

“He wanted to go out and buy condoms….I was the one who told him it’s ok.”

 

Hyukjae looks like he want to say something rude but clam up again when he caught Donghae’s glare again.

 

“You…really like Siwon…don’t you?” Donghae asks gently.

 

“It doesn’t matter….now.” Kyuhyun felt his tears beginning to drop again.

 

“No way! He has to know! He has to show some responsibility here!” Hyukjae rants disapprovingly.

 

“N-no…..” Kyuhyun starts to sob again.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? Tell us.” Donghae coax gently, suppressing the raising anxiety within him.

 

“He….he…..said….he doesn’t want to see…..me….again!” Kyuhyun hiccupped before his tears broke the dam and came rushing down again.

 

Complete silence filled the room after that. The shock on both of Donghae and Hyukjae’s faces said it all for now.

 

@

 

“And this is to help you sleep.” Donghae pulls a lumpy bolster twice the normal length out of the carrier he had with him when he arrived. Kyuhyun blinks as he took the soft pillow into his hands. “It conforms easily to your body shape and ‘hugs’ you as you sleep.

 

“It will also support your tummy as it grows bigger and heavier!” Donghae rattles on with flourish and ends with a large grin of pride.

 

Kyuhyun looked with his wonder at his hyung. “He heard all that from the salesgirl in the shop.” Hyukjae remarked nonchalantly, promptly earning a glare from Donghae and a series of chuckles from Kyuhyun.

 

“What?” Hyukjae sticks out his tongue at Donghae.

 

“Thank you, hyung.” Kyuhyun said quickly to distract Donghae.

 

Acknowledging the gratitude with a quick nod, he continues to pull out things out of the other carrier. “I bought you pregnancy vitamins, chips, candy, pregnancy-safe shampoo, conditioner, body foam ~”

 

Kyuhyun puts a hand on Donghae’s arm to stop him from emptying all his purchases onto his floor. “Thank you, hyung. I appreciate it.”

 

Donghae grinned in return. “Stop being so distant with us. You are our precious maknae.” A soft chuckle escapes Kyuhyun’s lips as Donghae ruffles his hair playfully. “By the way, Hyukkie paid for all these.”

 

Hyukjae snorts at the after thought mention but promptly flushed with embarrassment when Kyuhyun thanked him. “Stop that, we are not strangers.” He remarks awkwardly.

 

“How are you feeling these days?” Donghae asks with concern. The other’s gaunt paleness did not escape his eyes even if the other is putting on a brave front for him. Kyuhyun shrugged without replying.

 

“Are you sure you want to go through with this?” Hyukjae asks impatiently. He doesn’t approve of any of this and he wish his maknae will listen to him just this once.

 

“Stop it!” Donghae hisses angrily upon catching the downcast look as Kyuhyun lowered his head to hide his look of despair. Hyukjae rolls his eyes equally angrily but chose not to speak further.

 

Sensing the strained atmosphere, Kyuhyun raised his head in a hurry and gave his best friends an unconvincing smile. “The doctor said my morning sickness should lessen soon.” He announced with forced cheer to which Hyukjae and Donghae could only reply with a heavily burdened smile.

 

@

 

This night, like every other night since the fatal day when he found out that he has a life growing within him, Kyuhyun spent the better part of the evening after dinner emptying his guts into the toilet bowl. His body shook from the effort and continue to tremble even after he had nothing to throw up. Leaving the sink to hold him up, he stared forlornly at the person in the mirror.

 

“How did you become like this?” He mutters at the dishevelled figure barely unable to lift apart his eye lids. Then he stumbles back out to his bedroom and collapse onto his bed.

 

Pulling and tugging the body bolster his hyungs bought him around his body, he managed to tuck the soft cotton under him into a comfortable ‘hug’. With a soft sigh he relaxes into the soft embrace, tenseness seeping out of his achy body as he waits for sleep to claim him. Softly he began to hum a lullaby for himself and his unborn child as he snuggles deeper into the body pillow he is clinging onto with some desperation. His heart is telling him how lonely he is right now.

 

“Siwon ~” He mutters drowsily as he fell asleep.