Final

Forever

 

Jonghyun opened his eyes to see light.

He sat up, trying to adjust to the faint sunlight streaming into the wide bedroom. Blindly, he stuck out a hand to the right side of the bed only to find emptiness beside him. “Kibum..” he called out, rubbing his eyes.

“Jjongie?” replied a soft voice, which was as sweet as honey to his ears. Smiling to himself, he slowly got out of the bed, walking to the door that opened into the large balcony.

In front of him, sitting on a wooden bench furthest from the door, was a blonde male in nothing but an oversized shirt that loosely hung over his shoulder, revealing a large expanse of fair skin. Kibum, his lover and husband, had a sleeping child in his arms whom he was singing softly to. Kibum’s slender fingers ran through the young boy’s dark brown hair, the soft tufts of dark locks being smoothed down lightly to his scalp. The sight was precious.

“Morning, princess,” Jonghyun said. Kibum lifted his head and wrinkled his nose. “I don’t like to be called that,” Kibum simply stated, continuing to the child’s hair. “And don’t talk so loudly; Minwoo might wake up.”

Jonghyun only chuckled and knelt beside Kibum, watching Minwoo’s small chest rise and fall as he slumbered. “But you are my princess,” Jonghyun replied, his voice now quieter. A sly smile graced his lips and then Kibum scoffed.

“You know you love it.”

“Shut up.”

Jonghyun leaned up and brushed his lips against Kibum’s cheek, noticing the younger’s face flushing a light red. “You’re so adorable when you’re shy,” Jonghyun whispered, pressing chaste kisses on the corners of Kibum’s pouty lips.

Kibum only smiled softly, then earned a long, earnest kiss from his lover. When they parted, the young boy in Kibum’s lap began to stir. 

“I like it like this. No one to tell us no, no one to tell us what to do, no one tell us that we can’t be together..let’s live like this forever,” Jonghyun mused, closing his eyes and leaning his head on Kibum’s shoulder.

“Then so be it,” Kibum replied, in a whisper.

--

author's note: I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. OTL. but bear with me. I was reading a lot of fluffy fics lately so. here. /throws confetti. 092812