Cafe date

Arranged Bromance

 

Their CEO nodded cheerfully. “A date. IF, and only if, you become famous. People are going to wonder if your bromance is real or fake. So if you guys hang out together, go to the movies together, etc. and other people see that, then it’ll be like your friendship is real.”

            Key rolled his eyes. *It is real…*

            “So if anyone goes to the café next door, the staff will be like oh yes Jonghyun and Key came to this table every Saturday and ordered these specific drinks.” His eyes glazed over and the members were wondering if the famous CEO of SMent was turning into a fan girl…

            But his eyes quickly focused and he stared at Key and Jonghyun. “But never ever take it past a close friendship. You do know how Koreans tolerate these types of things. I don’t know about the international fans, but Koreans are usually traditional… Also the fact that if something does happen, then all of them can give up hope of marrying either of you so they will turn into antis. Understand?”

            Key gulped and turned to Jonghyun who was snorting at the CEO’s words. “Arrasso-yo.”

            “Good! Now have a great rest of the day for free time!”

            They all bowed and breathed a sigh of relief after their boss left.

            Onew grinned at Minho and Taemin. “Let’s go and eat!”

            “Oooh can we have those French fry hotdogs?” Taemin jumped up and down.

            Ruffling the maknae’s hair, Minho nodded. “Yep.” He turned to Jonghyun and Key. “Have fun on your date!”

            And with that, the three left. Jonghyun turned to Key with a grin. “Ready for our date, Kibummie?”

            The younger just rolled his eyes. “Yeah, let’s go.”

 


 

            The two slipped into a booth after getting a couple of smoothies, bread, and ordering sandwiches. Jonghyun was smiling at Key the entire time, who was trying to ignore the look and concentrated on drinking his smoothie.

            “Kibummie! You need to open up more! Give me some of your smoothie!” Jonghyun took his straw and stuck it in the other’s drink.

            “Yah!”

            He the other end of the straw and grinned. “Mmm, that’s really good. Want some of mine?” Jonghyun winked and offered the glass.

            Key just calmly finished chewing his bread.

            “Oh and how about we go watch a movie after this? Huh Bummie? And then we can go and practice our dance for the next rehearsal.” Jonghyun stopped his little tangent and looked at Key with big eyes and pouted. “Do you not like me?”

            Key just raised an eyebrow as he folded the napkin and brushed the crumbs from his lap.

            “Come on Key, you have to talk to me! Don’t you want to have a ‘bromance’?”

            Snorting, Key smiled. “Well you haven’t exactly given me a chance…”

            Jonghyun turned a light shade of pink and nodded. “Right. Well here’s your chance now.” He leaned back in his chair and mimed zipping his mouth shut.

            Key carefully cleaned up his food and smiled. “Well yeobo, I think a movie would be nice—“ He trailed off as Jonghyun splattered bread crumbs everywhere. “YAH JJONG! What’s wrong with you?” He cleaned himself off, dusted the table, and even grudgingly wiped off Jonghyun’s shirt which was also covered in bits of mocha. Satisfied, he added the napkins to the growing mountain on their table before looking at the prone Jonghyun. “What?”

            “You called me yeobo…” he whispered.

            “Oh, I’m sorry, did you want jagiya?” Key asked innocently.

            Jonghyun gulped. “No, yeobo is just fine.” He grinned. “I guess my fox is going to have fun with this relationship.”

            Key groaned. “Why did they think I was a fox? But I guess it’s better than being a cow like Minho… And you’re a dog. I think you look more like a dino.”

            “DINO? Mehrong!” Jonghyun stuck out his tongue and huffed angrily. “And Taemin’s the cat…Hey! Taemin can be our son if you’re my wife.”

            Frowning Key opened another package of bread. “And why am I the girl in this relationship?”

            “Because you’re prettier than me.” Jonghyun stated matter-a-factly before stealing a piece of bread.

            Key pushed his hair back. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” He said in his diva tone, but he was secretly very pleased with the compliment. Jonghyun wasn’t all the bad-looking himself. But everyone in SMent were all perfectly good looking, especially the five of them.

            Key snorted at a sudden thought. “So then Onew would be the old grandpa then.”

            Jonghyun chuckled before a high pitched and nasally voice interrupted them. “Excuse me sir. Here is the sandwich you ordered.”

            A waitress wearing about 6 pounds of makeup, long false eyelashes, flat-ironed hair that stuck to her head, and an extremely short skirt was smiling (in what she probably thought was attractive when it made her look like a crocodile) and offering a tray to Jonghyun.

            “Oh gomawo. Here Key, here’s yours.” The oblivious dino handed a plate across the table and reached for his own. The waitress leaned over the table to grab a napkin and wiped Jonghyun’s shirt off.

            “Oh oppa you have some crumbs left. Let me feed you too!” She tucked a napkin into his collar and fished Key’s sandwich out of his hand (which he was about to eat) and started to feed Jonghyun.

            Jonghyun raised an eyebrow but opened his mouth at the oncoming sandwich. He wasn’t going to say no to the airplane. He frowned when something stopped it and looked to see Key putting on his diva face.

            “Excuse me? What do you think you’re doing?” He asked, smirking at the waitress.

            “Oh this oppa looked like he needed some help…eating…” she trailed off at Key’s smile.

            “Well you see, oppa is a term you use if it’s a guy older than you and you two are close. I think you’re at least 26 and he’s 17. That’s quite an for you noona.” He said cheekily. Key plucked the sandwich from her hands and smiled at Jonghyun. “Here’s the airplane!”

            The other’s mouth was open in shock and Key leaned over and moved his jaw up and down to chew. “Good boy Jjong.”

            The girl took the tray back and frowned. “Gays. Seriously?”

            Key lazily waved a fork back at her. “It’s a bromance ahjumma get it right.”

            “Ahjumma? Yah. There’s no difference.”

            Smirking, Key took out his phone and read the following.

bromance |ˈbrōˌmans|

noun informal

a close but nonual relationship between two men.

ORIGIN early 21st cent.: blend of brother and romance.

            The girl just blinked. “But you’re feeding him.”

            “Is there anything ual about that?”

            “…”

            “Exactly. It’s probably a lot more innocent than what you get up to in your spare time. Now you can go back to work ahjumma.” He coolly dismissed her and sipped his drink.

            The girl sputtered a bit before leaving. Jonghyun was still staring at Key with his mouth open.

            “Yah, hurry up and chew. With your mouth closed!”

            The older nodded. “But…you just…and that girl…” He frowned. “Wait why?”

            “Because. She was all over you and I really didn’t want to see my best friend being eaten alive in front of me.”

            “Aww I’m your best friend.”

            “Yah Kim Jonghyun.”

            The two quickly finished their meal, after Jonghyun said that they should at least tip the waitress adequately, and left the café. They were roaming around the park and their future plans once they debuted.

            Key got a phone call. “Yeobossayeo?”

            “Hey Key hyung, it’s Taemin. Just wanted to let you and hyung know that it’s 11:30 and you have to be here within 30 minutes if you don’t want to be yelled at.”

            “But we have the rest of the day off…”

            “Well apparently rest of the day meant until midnight so…”

            “Arrasso. We’ll be there soon!”

            Jonghyun bumped shoulders with Key. “I guess our date is being cut short yeobo.”

            Key just rolled his eyes. “Let’s just try to get there in time.”

 


 

            Taemin was bouncing around the practice room. “How was your date hyungs?”

            Grinning, Jonghyun just did a backhug to Key (who yelped in a very high pitched f sharp). “It was lovely, wasn’t it yeobo?”

            “Ne jagiya. It was so nice, just the 2 of us. What did you guys do?”

            “Ate a bunch of forbidden food umma!” Taemin joked.

            Minho groaned as he tied his shoe. *they weren’t going to end up playing house or anything, right?*

keke srry this is kinda short (and really badly written) but I was rushing to get this up (and didn't do any homework ahhhhh) so yeah... is the story okay so far? I mapped out where this story was going to go and it's not going to be one of those 100+ fics but not the one that ends in 5 chapters so :)

I'm not completely sure when the next update will be...because ITS EXAM SEASON yay (no it's terrible and I'm going to cry) But I'll try to have it up as soon as possible!

thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting everyone!!!

- chocolate-notes ;)