Songfic - "Ain't no other man" (Cristina Aguilera)

Songfic - "Ain't no other man" (Cristina Aguilera)

“I could feel it from the start
Couldn't stand to be apart
Something 'bout you caught my eye
Something moved me deep inside 

 


When Lee Chaerin had first met her current boyfriend, she had not expected them to be a couple, that is, until the very moment she set her eyes on him.
It was at a réveillon party.

“That’s my brother.” – Sandara Park, one of her friends had introduced the guy Chaerin had classified as “the cutest pie ever” – “You can just call him Dog Poop”

“It’s Sanghyun.” – the cutie spoke, smiling – “but you can call me Thunder.”

He was tall, had broad shoulders, a baby face and a heartripping smile, as Chaerin could see. He also had a cool personality (well, one had to be really easygoing to be on Sandara’s family and not yet tried to kill her), liked cats, and, guess what… he was single, as she came to find out during their long (and interesting) conversation.

Because the party was more than just too noisy, they had gone for a walk.

At midnight, when everybody had started wishing each other “happy new year”, Thunder turned to Chaerin and smiled.
“Happy new year, CL” – he said, close to her ear.

She had not answered.
Kissed him on the lips instead.


"I don't know what you did boy, but you had it
And I've been hooked ever since 
"

 


Chaerin had liked that.
Thunder, on the other hand, had become a bit… uneasy.

He would avoid staying alone with her, while she would always find an excuse to get close to him.

Well, Thunder had his reasons.

On an average February Wednesday, Chaerin had been invited to sleep over.
Around midnight, being absolutely sure Sandara had already fallen asleep, she went to Thunder’s bedroom, to… make a visit.

“Hey, pretty boy…” – she had whispered on his ear, waking him up from his peaceful sleep.

Thunder had gone from sleepy kitty to scared kitty.
“Chaerin?!” – he said a bit louder than necessary – “What are you doing here?” – he asked, covering his bare chest with a blanket.

“Just taking a glimpse of heaven” – she whispered before kissing him on the lips.
Thunder didn’t fight it.

He enjoyed that, but because Chaerin’s approaching techniques were a bit…too straight forward, she would scare Thunder away way to easily.

It was only on March that they started dating.

Chaerin, that had always been known as a lone wolf, was now head over heals for the Park boy. She hardly ever got involved, but when she wanted to, yeah, she wanted.
And whatever she wanted, she’d get it.

She would tell everyone about her love if she had the chance.

She called her mother, in France, just to let her know about her cute boyfriend that had made her pancakes for breakfast; she had called her two closest friends, Sandara excluded, to tell them the news: “CL’s taken!”

Once, while waiting at the dentist’s waiting room, she had shown a picture of her cute boyfriend to the receptionists, the patients and even the kids.
A woman had started a random small talk with her, about South Korean young men being so careless about their image, when the headline “Are you a flower boy?” appeared on the huge TV.

“My daughter’s boyfriend doesn’t even comb his hair!” – the lady had said – “He says he’s not a flower boy, so he won’t do it! He’s so careless! And still, he always demands my daughter to be beyond perfect!”

Chaerin had thought of Thunder right away.
He would never go out with his hair undone, he would always wear a soft perfume and his clothes would always be flawless.

“Check it out” – she had said way too informally, but the lady next to her didn’t seem to care, showing the bunch of pictures she had together with her boyfriend on her cell phone – “That’s my boy.” – she smiled – “Clean chest, clean armpits, he’s always smelling good and never demanding!” – she bragged.


She had spent nearly an hour talking about how amazing her boyfriend was, and she would have spent the whole day if not for the receptionist, that had announced the doctor was waiting for her.

Chaerin had had other boyfriends, and she had of course liked them. It’s just that now, when she looked behind, none of them seemed to compare to Thunder.
Her previous boyfriends were nice guys, but Thunder was nicer; they were cute, but Thunder was cuter; they were hot, but Thunder was hotter!
Also, with him, she’d never get bored.

Lee Chaerin had always been the kind that gets bored really fast. With Thunder, she’d always be surprised, so it was really difficult to get bored.
And of course, being Lee Chaerin, she would be asked out more often than not, but those Hercules-look-alike guys got nothing on her Sanghyun…her Cheondung-ah…her Thunder.

"You are there when I'm a mess
Talk me down from every ledge
Give me strength, boy you're the best 

And among the many amazing things Thunder did (on CL’s particular list), cooking was probably the one his girlfriend enjoyed the most.
Well, at least until that one average September Friday, when she got to his house at 10pm.

Chaerin would do small works as a photographer. “Quite tiring, but at least, my bills are paid” – she’d say.

It was only after nearly a year, on that one average September Friday that she had found out about Thunder’s most amazing hidden ability: massage.

“I’m dead!” – Chaerin had said, sitting on the Park’s couch, next to Thunder. She had spent two days in a row taking pictures of stuck up models and cocky make-up artists, having only six hours (or less) of sleep.

She had closed her eyes, just to open them again when Thunder got up from the couch.
She would have asked where he’d be going, but she felt his hands on her back before doing so.

“What are you… doing?” – she managed to ask.

Thunder hands massaged her back with such care and ability, that she could barely think.

“Where did you…learn it?” – she asked, closing her eyes, enjoying the massage she had not yet known. The boy was good with his hands…

Thunder didn’t answer her questions. He just smiled.
Maybe his girlfriend had not yet noticed, but his favorite sport was teasing her.

“Whatever I can do to make you feel better, just let me know.” – he said close to her, biting her ear softly.

Chaerin felt goosebumps.

She seemed to be full of energy now.
“You could…” – she whispered on his ear.

Thunder laught loudly.
Whatever she had said, had made him blush.

“I’ll get a towel, then.” – he said, kissing Chaerin’s lips before leaving the living room.