Revelations

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Revelations"

Qians POV

We all watch the exchange, our jaws down to the floor. 

"Is that Ok Taecyeon?" Soeun gasps.

"Yes. Yes it is." Everyone looks at Seohyun. "What? It is him." she says. 

"Trust Yoonah, they were bound to get together." Chaerin smirks, as Yoonah begins to walk over.

"Look," Jieun gasps.

Everyone glances toward them again, just in time to see Yoonah skip back to him. Yes, skip. She says a few words before leaning in and... kissing his cheek. 

"WOAH!" Chaerin yells, but Seohyun leant forward and covered , signalling her to shush.

"Leave them. Yoonah's falling in love."

Ah, Seobaby.

"Seohyun, what is your-"

"No she's right," I say. Its my turn to be stared at now as I piece something together. This is the first time I've spoken this morning. Yesterday was... eventful. I had decided to call the girls about my performance after school yesterday, but when Soeun called round mine, a long time after her theatre class was over, more important matters had arisen.

Yoonah had gone missing.

||FLASHBACK||

I sat in front of my desk, my mobile in my hand. Today had been busy. After Nichkhun had entered Mrs Kim's office, we'd exchanged a few words, and she had then give us a run down of what our dance should be based on. After that, Nichkhun had walked me straight home as it was too late to meet the others, and we'd talked more about the dance, deciding on rehearsal times. He came in, which he does often nowadays. My parents came back three days ago, and my mum already knows him well. My dad hasn't been home much. Which is an advantage, when boys come into the picture. He's a little... protective.

We just relaxed and watched t.v. before he left.

I had behaved relieved, which I was. God knows what kind of guy I might have had to do the dance with... I was glad when I found out it was Nichkhun. However, to be perfectly honest, it wasn't just relief. Even though it was wrong, I was... too happy. My mind blew up, and I was already nervous, knowing I would be doing a couple dance with him, but also some how excited.

Sighing I put my phone one the desk again. For the umpteenth time. What would I say, even if I did call the others? I'm confused myself.

Maybe I should just tell them about the dance... yeah I'll do that. And Soeun... I'll tell Soeun the extra details. 

I decide. After all, she's the only one who could come close to understanding. I wouldn't want to worry the others. 

I pick my phone up again, but just as I do, the doorbell rings. 

Huh? Not expecting any visitors...

I looked out of my window curiously, and to my surprise its Soeun.

"Soeun-ah?" I yelled

"Qian! It's me." I heard her shout. She waved frantically from below. 

"One second!" I hurry out of my room, down the stairs and to the front door, notifying my parents that it was a friend of mine. I opened the door to Soeun.

"Hey," I smiled, happy about her surprise visit.

"Hi, Qian." Although she was hiding it pretty well, I could tell something was wrong. "Listen have you heard from Yoonah?" 

"Yoonah? No, is something wrong?" I open the door wider. "Come in."

We go inside. She greets my parents, before we go to my room.

"So, what's going on?"

She sighed. "I'm not sure really. It's Yoonah, I'm worried... I can't find her."

"Soeun, its past ten," I said. "She's probably at home."

"I know, but... it's a long story. And I have a valid reason for worrying."

I realised just then, that she was a little out of breath. "Where have you been?"

"I was looking for her... her phones going straight to voicemail... and then mine died. She could be any where."

"I'm sure she's fine... even if she's not at home. She's stayed out longer then this."

"Yeah, but not in that state," she murmured.

"State? What happened Soeun?"

She sighed.

"Okay... in theatre, we were exploring our character. We had to discuss their thoughts and feelings. You know, she plays the role of the gang girl?"

I nodded, wondering what that had to do with anything.  

"Well, that's okay, only the gang girl has a history... her mother died when she was young, she lost her sister as well. But most importantly, her father left her alone. He walked out without a care, and now the girls scarred, lonely. The whole play is basically about her wanting to be loved. She does alot of things, but just wants to be cared about... sound familiar?"

I nodded again, shocked.

"No way," I shook my head. "They did not make her say that out loud? The idiots, surely they should realise..." 

"Apparently not. So I think she saw the similarities, but only really realised when she said it out loud. She started crying, everyone was staring, it was awful. I helped her get out, by stopping the teacher. But I let her go alone..." she trailed off. I hugged her.

"It's not your fault, it's the ignorant teacher's," I sighed. "Don't worry, we'll find her. You know what she's like when she starts thinking. She'll be sitting some where, getting some air alone. She needs that. Don't worry, you helped her."

Yoonah sometimes had to just get away, and think for a little while. It's what she needed, but not alone and not at 10pm in the dark. Now I even started to worry, knowing how distant she is when she's in that state, but I didn't let it show.

"First of all, let's call her."

Soeun nodded, smiling thankfully. I dialed her number, but the phone goes straight to voicemail.

"Weird."

Soeun nods, agreeing.

 

I dialed her home number quickly.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Ahjumma? It's Qian... is Yoonah there?"

"Oh, hello Qian. Yoonah? Well, I just got a call from her phone. It must have been one of your friends, he said she was working on a project and it over ran. So she's staying at Jieun's... didn't you know?" 

Did she say HE?

"Oh, okay.. No, she must have just left with Jieun... well, thanks Ahjumma. Bye." I hung up, as she said goodbye, turning to Soeun's questioning face.

"Apparently, she's staying at Jieun's,"

"What?" Soeun asked, confused as I was.

"I don't know. That's what her mum thinks..." I sighed.

"Oh. That makes sense... she must've gone to Jieun's after coming out of the theater. It makes sense as Jieun was probably still waiting with Chaerin..."

"Hm, seems so," I nodded my head, but to myself, I'm speculating. "Still, either way she's covered. Meaning, she's fine. She must've known to call her mom."

If Yoonah's with a boy, she would not be with Jieun. No way, not unless that boy was Wooyoung, which I doubt, as he had dance practice. Unless he came afterwards...

Well, whatever it is, I'm not going to find out tonight. I'll just have to hope she's okay, and ask her tomorrow. She's old enough to look after herself, and it's not like this is the latest she has been out. 

Despite my resolve, I couldn't shake the feeling something else was going on, even after a contented Soeun left. 

|| END OF FLASH BACK||

"...Let her be. We'll ask her later for answers," I smile at the girls.

They all agree and continue to gape at the couple. Whilst they're busy with that, I turn to Soeun. I had already felt her gaze throughout the conversation, but choose not to meet it until the others were distracted. We haven't told them about Yoonahs strange disapperance. Although, upon arrival, we had questioned Jieun about the sleep over. But, apparently, there ha been no such thing. Jieun had been at a families house the whole evening.

We just nodded, acting as though we must have made a mistake. 

So, now Yoonah was finally here, and it was with Taecyeon.

Soeun gazes at me, questioningly, and I nod. I know she's caught up to my understanding. Suddenly, Chaerin interrupts our silent exchange.

"OH MY GOSH!" she yells, resulting in a swift elbow from Soeun. "Ahem I mean..." she restarts in a whisper, resulting in us moving in closer. "Isn't Yoonah wearing the same clothes as yesterday?"

They all look toward Yoonah again, confirming the suspicion I had already noted. I don't even look up. Yes, she is wearing the same clothes as yesterday, I noticed straight away, I just chose not to let the others know just yet.

It may sound werd that we're suspicious, since we all wear uniform any way. But in Yoonah's case, our suspicion was correctly placed. Although we wore the same uniform day in day out, Yoonah was known for her slight alterations. For a start, she never wore the same blouse two days in a row. The uniform rule isn't exactly strict for people of our grade. You simply wore a blue shirt of any description, with a back skirt. The only specific thing is the school blazer, which has to have the schools logo on it, so it is specially ordered. Otherwise, as long as your shirts blue, and your skirt black, you can get away with most things.

Queenka's took full advantage of this, by wearing min skirts, and tight designer shirts and blouses, which tied from the bottom. Whereas us, we didn't do much. All of our group just wore slightly fitted blouses or shirts and pleated skirts. But for Yoonah, it changed everyday. Although never trashy, she was into fashion. One day it would be a pleated skirt with a loose long blouse. The next, a straight line skirt, with a fitted blouse. It's what she's known for.

But today, she simply wore the same pleated skrit, with a fitted lighter-blue-then-strictly-aloud blouse. If that wasn't enough, her hair was not freshly done. Yesterday it had been long and straight, today it was wavy, as though it was just left to its own devices. And finally, she hda no make up on. Yes, no make up. Not even yesterdays. Although Yoonah didn't pile make up on, she always had some on. The only way she wouldn't is if she didn't have access to make up. No one apart from her close friends would notice these small hints, as she only even wore natural make up, but we are her close friends. And now we all know something is not right. But something they didn't see, was the places in which her blazer bulged, and also the dressing on her knee...

"She's right," Soeun whispers, close to me. I turn, not noticing that she had come closer until this moment.

"Yeah, she is. Her make up and hair too..." 

Soeun nodded. "And she's with Taecyeon..."

"Hmm," I sigh. "She'll have a reason Soeun. They'll be an explanation."

She nods again, smiling.

"Yeah, I know."

We look around again, just in time to see Yoonah sprint up to us. 

"Hey," she beams. 

She looks happy. No, really happy.

 It's rare to see Yoonah have a geniune smile, especially when around boys. She smiles fakely loads, but I can always some how see beneath her facade.

Everyone eyes her, mysteriously, and her expression falters. "Did you, by any chance..."

"See you kiss the muscly gentleman? Yes, yes we did," Seohyun blinks, as usual just saying what she's thinking. "And congratulations. Liking him through middle school paid off."

Yoonah can't hold back a giggle at that. Not a fakey, flirty or stupid one, but a real giggle. Yes, Seohyun's right. Yoonah has always been attracted to Taecyeon. He's kinda her ideal type. Since as long as I can remember, she's liked him. But never went out of her way to see him, like stalk him or anything. Just when they happen to cross paths, she'd blush a lot and talk to him as much as possible. But she never tried t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter