Thank You

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Thank You"

Taecyeons POV

I watch from a distance, as she stares emptily into space. I don't know what to do.

There I was, innocently taking a walk in the park and I come across this. I was at peace, before I heard the desperate sound of muffled sobs. Curious, I walked toward the sound, finding the source of it to be a lone girl sitting on a park bench. I didn't know whether to leave or stay, so I've just been here watching her for the past few minutes. Yeah, that doesn't sound y at all.

The park's pitch black now, and there is only one street light further up, so she can't see me. She's on the opposite side of the path.

By the time I found her, she was just sitting stone still, staring into thin air. I wouldn't even have considered the possibility of the sobs belonging to her, if it wasn't for the stream of tears running down her cheeks. Still, her face showed no emotion. She must have been sitting here for quite some time.

I hate seeing girls cry, it makes me feel obligated to protect them, ease their pain. But I never know what to say.

My protective instinct urges me to go up to her, or at least watch over her to ensure no harm comes her way, whilst my logically side reasons that it is none of my business.

 Well, she's a girl alone in the park. It's pitch black, and no one's around.  She's wearing my school uniform, so she may not be a stranger. She's in a vulnerable state and doesn't look like she's moving any time soon... I debate. Yeah, who am I kidding. I'm staying.

She seems familiar any way... 

Of course, I can't see her face clearly, I only know she's a girl from her flowing hair and the outline of her uniform. 

Deciding upon approaching her, since she seems to have calmed a little, I prepare to walk over. But before I can even take one step, four shadowy figures block my line of vision.

 New-comers...? 

They surround her, as I hang back, waiting to assess the situation. It doesn't have to be sinister. But I some how feel uncomfortable, not being able to see her.

I hear a hoarse voice speak. Its a male voice. I involuntarily take a step forward, and I can finally see the girl again. I struggle to see her reaction.

I watch as the confident one steps forward. He speaks again, but I can't hear him. My fist clenches, and I take a few steps forward. I freeze as she stands, confused. What now... does she know them? I watch, seeing if she's just gona walk away. It would be pretty darn stupid if I decked a guy who would just leave her to walk away. She turns and seemingly attempts to run, but her legs appear to get caught and she falls to the ground, painfully. Did she trip?

"You shouldn't be out alone..." I watch in horror as she tries to stand, but is kicked on her back, causing her to drop back down. 

That's it.  

I take the final step forward, my fists clenched and my jaw taunt. I speak out, lowly. 

"Get the hell away from her," I say, trying to calm my raging anger. The girl looks up to me, pale and frightened. I analyse her, as much as possible in the dim light, looking for any signs of cuts or bruises, as the leader speaks.

"And how the hell are you gonna make me?" he steps forward, backed by his henchmen. My eyes land on her hand, covering her knee. Blood seeps out through her fingers.

Screw anger management, these asses are gonna get it!

I don't bother to respond to his comment, and instead slam a fist into his face, smirking in satisfaction as I hear the crunch of his nose breaking. He stumbles back from the impact, and stays there. I feel a presence behind me and take the opportunity to elbow whoever it is in the stomach, before punching him with the back of my fist. I turn as he steps back, spitting out blood as he takes a lunge at me. Ducking away from his feeble attempt, I land two solid gut punches. He drops to the ground, instantly winded. I look around to see one of the untouched men already half way to the park gates, and the other eyeing me hesitantly.

"Come on then !" I say raising arms in offering. He runs at me, still hesitant and I simply step out of the way. He flies past me, and I stick a leg out, resulting in him crashing to the hard concrete. I kick him back down as he tries to stand. 

Karma. I chuckle darkly, and turn to the leader, who was now standing. The one I punched in the mouth is still cowering on the floor. Walking towards the leader, I kick the cowering one back down on my way, and he stays there.

Reaching the leader, I yank him up by his collar and smash him against the rough iron fencing around the park.

"You think you're some big man, attacking a teenage girl?!" I spit. "Come then bad , take me."

I lift him up again, smacking him back against the fencing. The leader glances over to the girl, a little dazed and I can't help but deck him again.

"Don't even look at her, got it?" I mutter. "I see you around here again and you won't be walking away."

He nods, shaking and silent. Pulling him off the fence, I shove him to the ground, kicking him once more before walking off. I see that the one who I had tripped had run to join the other chicken at the gate, and smirked. The other was still cowering back.

 They're just wimpy s underneath their hoodies. I walk straight past them, towards the girl. 

Finally reaching her, I bend down so I'm at eye level with her.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly, not wanting to scare her any further. She already looks pretty messed up. She stares at me blankly, pulling her clothes tighter to her. 

She's cold.  I watched her, trying to read her face in the darkness. But once I hear the her fast breathing, I don't need an answer.

"Come over here," I gently help her to her feet, but she simply collapses again. Catching her quickly, I put her arm around my shoulder. "Lean on me."

Managing to get her full weight leaning on me, we move slowly toward the bench, but this time the one under the street light. Helping her to sit first, I sit down beside her. Now I can see her face, I recognise her straight away.

 Im Yoonah... 

I would recognise her any where. As well as being one of the ladies, she also, kinda, just happens to be my... personal preference. I've always found her attractive, and I'd even mentioned her when I was discussing my ideal type with Chansung. I've just never really got the chance to talk to her.

Getting over my thoughts, I push it all aside. Right now, she's simply a girl who needs my help. I glance down to her knee.

"Let me see."

Yoonah is to out of it to do anything herself, but I lean forward and slowly lift her hand from the wound. I flinch automatically, as I take in the mess of blood and flesh that is her knee. 

Hearing her breathing rate increase to pants, I look back up to Yoonah's pale face. It is just as I had feared.

"I think you're going into shock. We need to get you out of here, now."

Doing one quick run over of the now empty park, I stand pulling her up with me. She isn't even able to support an little of her weight. Making the decision quickly, I bend down lifting her legs, holding her bridal style. Well, how else am I gonna get her out of here?

Yoonah's arms automatically curl around my neck, her body rigid in my arms. She's holding her head up, staring into space, but her face is getting paler by the second, her breathing rate increasing.

"Yoonah, stay awake okay? Can you hear me? Just focus on my voice," I say softly, beginning to walk toward the park gates. Being unconscious is the worst state to be in when in shock. 

Scanning her face again, I decide to ask her first.

"Yoonah, I'm taking you to the hospital, okay?"

She stays still for a second, before shaking her head rapidly, opening to respond, but nothing comes out. Her expression is getting desperate though. Where then? 

"Okay, that's a no then... Dads at work, mums staying with family, bros staying at college... my house it is then," I say decisively.

Luckily, this park is literally in front of my house. Not many people are out ,since it's past 10pm, so not many stare at us. Even I only came out for a walk. I'm glad I did though, who knows what would have happened.

Yoonahs silent through the whole walk home, though it's not a very long one. Admittedly, I feel her rigid posture relax into my arms as I walk. Kicking the door open, and thanking my lazy self for leaving it unlocked, I carry her through the entrance and into the sitting room, flicking the lights on as I go.

"Wait here a sec," I say, placing her down on the sofa in a sitting position, and rushing to the kitchen. She simply sits there, in a mindless state. I open the cupboard in which we keep the first aid kit, and get the necessities - bandages, surgical tape, dressing pads, antiseptic spray, all that stuff. Finding a glass, I fill it with cool water and exit the kitchen, grabbing a blanket from the cupboard on my way back.

Rushing into the room, I see she's still in a sitting position, but her back is slumped against the back of the sofa. I spread the blanket across her legs, and hand her the glass of water.

"Cold and thirsty, right?" 

She lifts the glass to her lips, and gulps down the water in one go. I watch her, worried sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter