An End in Sight

Everyone Loves Jello

"We've got a few days off so tonight let's have a party!" JongUp suggested as everyone lounged in the living room. It was about three or so in the afternoon. They had finished the interview and a few other things on their schedule and were now faced with a whole afternoon and a few days of rest until they were thrown back into the thrall of busy schedules that came with comebacks.   

 

            YoungJae laid his head in JongUp's lap as he sprawled out on the couch, his legs thrown across Zelo's lap. "Hmm I don't really feel like going out..."

 

            "I don't either. I'm sick of the van..." Zelo added.

 

            "I think manager hyung took it to get cleaned and serviced anyways. " Guk put in as he focused on the videogame he was playing with Daehyun.

 

            "Why not have a little celebration here then?" JongUp asked.

 

            "And who's going to walk to the store to get the food and drinks? Yah! Shooting from behind is low hyung!" Daehyun muttered, shoving Guk's shoulder with his own.

 

            "Learn to duck and cover better." Guk shot back with a gummy smile.

 

            Himchan, who was sitting in one of the chairs with a slightly sour look on his face, rolled his eyes. "I'll go. You all are giving me a headache with all this noise. But I'll need some help. Especially with how much Guk-hyung eats."

 

            YoungJae lightly nudged a toe into Zelo's side. "Why don't you take your skateboard and go with Himchan hyung?" he suggested.           

 

            Zelo blinked, looking over at YoungJae before shooting Himchan a look.

 

            Himchan gave a silent pleading look.

 

            Zelo's gaze went to the two bickering bandmates playing videogames on the floor before giving a soft not to Himchan. "Let me go get my hoodie and I'll meet you outside."

 

            "Ara." Himchan replied with a thankful smile before getting up and putting on his shoes and heading out.

 

            YoungJae watched the shy maknae get up and get his hoodie before he headed out the door before looking up at JongUp with a wide smile.

 

            JongUp, feeling eyes on him, blinked down at the boy lying in his lap. "You're trying to push for the one's you're rooting for together aren't you?" he asked softly.

 

            YoungJae chuckled before shooting Daehyun a look. "I don't want him hurt but I don't think he's really sat down and thought about his feelings."

 

            JongUp frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?"

 

            "Hmm well he says he really loves maknae but from what I've gathered he's supposedly liked him a long time but never acted on it. Himchan hyung on the other hand hasn't liked Zelo as long but waited long enough to act on his feelings after reflecting on them. I just wonder if Dae hyung's feelings are more of a long standing crush versus stronger feelings that Himchan hyung seems to have." YoungJae explained.

 

            JongUp mulled over that thought for a moment. "You might have a point there."

 

           

 

            Zelo skated along behind his hyung, hand on the olders' right shoulder, using the man to help pull him along.

 

            "Think we should get some chicken?" Himchan asked, peeking over his shoulder at the tall boy.

 

            "Hm probably not. Black bean noodles will probably go farther." Zelo mused, keeping his eyes forward.

 

            Himchan nodded, turning his attention forward as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

 

            The two walked in silence for a while before Himchan hesitantly broke it.

 

            "So...have you come up with an answer?"

 

            Zelo, who had been somewhat lost in his own thoughts, blinked and looked down at Himchan. "Mwoh?"

 

            Himchan rubbed at the back of his neck a little. "Well you said you needed time to think...I was just curious as to if you'd come up with an answer..."

 

            Zelo blinked a few more times, a soft blush coming to his cheeks as he softly cleared his throat. "Ah well n-not really...ah not to say I haven't been thinking about it...I just...I'm still trying to wrap my head around it." he replied, lightly biting on his lower lip.

 

            Himchan listened carefully and just simply nodded a bit. "I understand...just was curious is all." he replied softly.

 

            A guilty look crossed the maknae's face. "Mianhae hyung." he murmured.

 

            Himchan turned to the taller boy and stretched an arm up to ruffle his curly hair. "Aigoo~ don't let it bother you arrasseo?" he said with a grin. "Now get off that thing and let me try." he declared, moving to lightly push the boy off the skateboard and hopped on, flailing as it started moving.

 

            The tall maknae let out a surprised yelp as he was pushed off the skateboard, stumbling a bit but quickly regained his balance. "Yah~!"

 

            As his hyung flailed past him, Zelo blinked and jogged to grab hold of Himchan's arm to steady him. "That's dangerous hyung!" he scolded lightly.

 

            Gripping tightly onto the maknae, Himchan steadied himself with a nervous chuckle. "Yah how do you manage to not kill yourself on this thing?" he asked as Zelo pulled him along on the skateboard.

 

            "Lots of practice. Just like dancing. It's all about balance, coordination and practice." Zelo replied with a chuckle.

 

            "Ah...I think I'm happy just standing on it and letting you pull me." Himchan stated with a grin.

 

            Zelo chuckled, shaking his head at his hyung.

 

           

 

            About an hour later the maknae/hyung pair were marching up the steps to the dorm, laughing and joking around freely.

 

            "Aish~ I do not have a scary look!" Himchan argued.

 

            Zelo laughed. "Ara we'll ask everyone else to settle it."

 

            Himchan rolled his eyes, muttering about a punk maknae but his smile betrayed his annoyed appearance.

 

            Zelo grinned as he watched his hyung's expressions before his smile fell. "Ah hyung?" he asked meekly.

 

            Himchan turned with his smile still on his face to look at Zelo as he dug around his pocket for the key. Seeing the younger's serious look, his smile fell and he blinked. "Neh?"

 

            "About what you asked me earlier? About my decision...I-well I sort of lied."

 

            Himchan blinked, a bit dumbfounded. "Lied?"

 

            Zelo nodded, peeking at Himchan with a shameful expression. "The truth is that I really like you both...but I know it's not fair to ask you both for that to be enough so...well I'll let you know who I choose when I figure it out arrasseo?"

 

            A number of emotions shot through Himchan. The first and foremost being absolute elation. Zelo admitted he liked him...and also Daehyun. This is where the second emotion came in; disappointment. It'd taken so long just to get to the point where Zelo was admitting he had feelings for them...now they'd have to wait even longer for him to decide on who he had stronger feelings for. And that lead to yet another emotion; uncertainty. What would Himchan do if this boy he so foolishly loved didn't love him back? What if his feelings weren't returned? Himchan wasn't sure how long it would take to heal the broken heart from that.

 

            "Hyung?"       

 

            Himchan blinked, shaking his head to wake up from his musings. "Ah m-mian. Um..." he cleared his throat, "Well I suppose there's nothing to do other than wait for your decision." he said.

 

            "You're not mad?" Zelo asked.

 

            "Of course not." Himchan chuckled, reaching up to ruffle the boys' curly hair. "Now let's go inside before everyone thinks we ran off with the money." he joked.

 

            Zelo gave a relieved smile before nodding and going in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again~ it's been a little while... sorry u_u;; Hope you enjoyed this chapter and will read the next one. :) If you did please feel free to subscribe and comment :) Thank you, as always, for supporting my fanfics :) ~Jello