Pathetic Confession

The Story I Didn't Know

Narrative P.O.V

“So let me get this straight, you want to move back to Korea and live on your own?” Hongki’s step-father asked to clarify his decision, making sure he didn’t hear it wrong. Hongki nodded in response.
“Does Umma know?” He asked Hongki with a sad expression on his face.

Hongki sat on the edge of his chair and whispered to him, “I’m sure she wouldn’t care if I left or stayed, as long as she has you.”

“That isn’t true, she would miss you!!”

“That’s what she wants you to believe.” Hongki rolled his eyes; completely annoyed by the fact that he was utterly oblivious to his umma’s fake acting. “Anyways, that’s not what I wanted to talk about. I really think I am old enough to live on my own. I already have it planned out; I’m going to find a good job in Korea while I finish up university. I just need some money so I can find a place and I’ll pay you the money back after I finish up school.”

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He looked at Hongki with doubt in his eyes, hoping that Hongki would reconsider.

“Yes. I really want to go and live in Korea,” Hongki said with sincerity.

“Wait, What!? You’re moving back to Kore!a?” Hongki’s Umma walked into the room, overhearing their conversation. Fortunately, Hongki’s stepfather calmed her down, “Don’t worry, he’ll be fine.”

“But why are you leaving us, Hongki? I brought you here so we can be a happy family together, and now you want to move out of here? It’s only been a year!” His mother cried, forcing out every possible fake tear her eyes could emit.

“Come on, Hongki is old enough to live on his own. This will be a great adventure for Hongki. He could benefit from this; he’ll be able to develop into a great adult. Let’s give him a chance.” His stepfather comforted Hongki’s Umma, falling for her phony cries.

 

~~~

 

Hongki P.O.V

I walked down the quiet alley of where all my precious memories I had with Ji Eun were buried. I sighed and kicked the pebble down the sidewalk, watching it bounce off the surface of the pavement. “I wonder if I’ll be able to find Ji Eun…” I whispered under my breath and letting the hot air tickle between my lips. “Even just seeing her face will satisfy me…” I grinned as the image of her came across my mind. The sweet smile she always had across her face… I wish to see that beautiful smile of hers; I’ll do anything it takes to find Ji Eun.
Suddenly a gush of wind coming from a speeding motorcycle pushed me to the side, causing me to lose my balance. “Aish. So cold!” I shivered. I looked at the motorcyclist ahead of me; he was speeding real fast down the neighborhood. “He’s above the speed limit; how can he be so reckless?”

I continued to saunter down the pathway towards Ji Eun’s home. “Maybe she still lives there…” I smiled, giving myself false hope.

“If she sees me, would she forgive me for leaving her?” I pouted, “maybe not…” And almost instantly my hope had faded away.

After twenty minutes of walking in the cold underneath the twilight sky, I’ve finally approached in front of Ji Eun’s home, and I saw two figures standing in front of it. I assumed one of the figures is a guy because of his broad shoulders that had a leather jacket hung over them. While the other figure had a slimmer body that is very much similar to a girls figure; she had on a leather jacket herself, paired with skinny jeans. “Who are those two? Are they the new owners of the house?” I asked myself as I continued to watch them from afar.

The guy embraced her into his arms, and hugged her passionately. The girl stood there awkwardly, and her arms were stiff to the side of her thighs. “I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while. I haven’t been completely honest to you, and I apologize. I’ve hidden this feeling from you for so long… I really like you…” He paused for a split second and continued, “Will you accept my feelings?” She looked at him hesitantly, and then burst out in laughter and tapped his head playfully. “That was a funny joke. Seriously I haven’t laughed like this in so long! Hahaha!!” she held on to her stomach, trying to control her laughter. The guy looked at her and smiled shyly. “Yeah… I’m really funny aren’t I?” He looked at his shoes, and lost all of his confidence. “Yeah, you should make me laugh some more next time. Anyways, thanks for the ride!” she said as she entered inside the house without looking back.

“How pathetic! I pity that guy…” I chuckled to myself.
“Well, anyway, If Ji Eun doesn’t live here anymore, then where is she now? I wonder if she’s doing well…” I sighed and looked up into the sky, “No stars tonight? … I guess not even the hongstar will help lead me to Ji Eun…”

 

******

Sorry I didn't update in such a long time! I was really busy with my homework and I have exams soon so theres been too much work and stress... I know this chapter is really short but please be patient because its really hard for me to struggle with school and fanfiction, sorry! <3 but thank you for all the support and i will update as soon as I can :)