A Parrallel Universe~

The Story I Didn't Know

Ji Eun P.O.V

~I really don’t want to be the one to blame. If you like fun and games then go ahead and keep playing them. I just want to say, when I think back then, we were like one and the same… We were on the right track, but I guess I was on the wrong train. And just like that I’ve got a face to pain, and the devil’s got a fresh new place to play. In my brain it’s like a maze I cant escape, and I can never escape the rain. Every damn day is the same shade of grey. I used to have a plan and used to have a concept of where I stand, but that concept slipped right out of my hands. Now I don’t really even know who I am. (Believe me Fort Minor)~

I slipped into my jagged-ripped jeans, and threw on my black pleathered jacket. I headed out the door and saw Mir already waiting for me in front of my doorstep.
“I thought you said you were going to be here in a few minutes?” I said, while he handed me over his helmet.
“Isn’t earlier always better?” Mir smiled.
“I guess.” I buckled the helmet on my head and sat behind Mir on his motorcycle.
“Hang on tight,” Mir ordered as he stepped on the pedal and sped down the pathways, while the engine roared simultaneously.

The cold breeze tickled my face, as the night clouds soared above us.  It was a gloomy night; murky and foggy, the way I liked it.

“I can’t believe we’ve graduated already, I still feel so young,” Mir said.
“Yeah, time does fly by really fast…” I sighed. The pain between the words in my sentences still lingers around them. The genuine happiness and sentimental joys are all lost in my tone. It’s amazing how one can change in such a short matter of time…

“We’re here.” Mir parked his motorcycle behind the bar and took off his helmet.
“Come in, I’ll give you a drink.”
“I can’t drink right now, I have to drive back home,” Mir sighed.
“Who cares? You can drink a little bit. Or at least stay for the entertainment part,” I grabbed his hand and took him inside the bar.

“Oh my god, is that Youngmin!?” Mir pointed at him who was sitting at the counter.
“Hey guys!” Youngmin waved, and called us over.
“Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were staying in London!” Mir hugged Youngmin happily.

“I came to visit!” Youngmin smiled, but as soon as his eyes lay upon Ji Eun, his expression changed drastically.
“Ji Eun, why are you dressed like that?” Youngmin raised his eyebrow and the tone in his voice became stingy.

“What do you mean?” I gritted my teeth at him.
Mir whispered in his ear, and although I couldn’t hear what he was saying, I could already assume he was telling him about what had happened last year. I didn’t bother saying anything that involved with the incident. I could careless, all it’s doing is taking up space in my mind. I hope to never see that son of a again.

“Oh, so you work here?” Youngmin sounded surprised; I don’t blame him, since the last time we spoke, he remembered me as a completely different and innocent person.
“Yes. Better give me good tips!” I said jokingly as I got into the back room and changed into my uniform. I looked at myself through the mirror, but it wasn’t me who I saw, it was a different girl who looked hopeless and scared. I sighed, realizing how much of me I had let go. I walked back out into the bar and prepared the drinks.
“What do you want to drink, Youngmin?” I asked.
“What do you recommend?” Youngmin smiled.
I shrugged, “want soju?”

“Sure.”

I prepared his soju with my signature twist, added with ginger ale and a small lime slice. Youngmin took the cup out of my hand and took a big gulp, “wow, that’s refreshing, what did you add?”
“Secret.”
“Mir, why aren’t you drinking?” Youngmin offered some of his drink to him.
“I’ll pass. I’ve gotta drive home tonight.” Mir pouted.
“Testing 1,2,3,” a girl voice spoke through the microphone.
“What’s going on?” Mir and Youngmin asked, as they tried to see the stage from afar, but too many people were crowding around.
“Oh, it’s some online ulzzang performing some song,” I answered.
Youngmin and Mir looked at each other with the same elated expression. I looked at them then rolled my eyes, “you guys should go to the front to see it better.”

Mir and Youngmin smiled and hurried past the crowds, ushering to the front.
“They’re such kids…” I clicked my tongue at them as I wiped the counter, and suddenly a hand appeared on top of the spot of where I was wiping, “excuse me, can you move your hand?” I looked up to find a guy staring at me, “can I get a soju?”

His voice was familiar but I couldn’t recognize who it belonged to, especially since his cap covered half of his face. He had short platinum blonde hair, and he was wearing a casual t-shirt and a pair of navy jeans.

“Sir, I need to identify your age, do you have your ID?” I said.

He handed me his ID, and it was all in English. His name read, “Jeremy Lee.” A foreigner? I thought to myself. He took off his cap and revealed his face. My eyes widened in shock, and my mouth dropped opened, letting out a gasp. Hongki? I quickly handed his ID back to him and turned around. I prepared his soju quickly and gave it to him, without making eye contact. Is this really Hongki? No, it can’t be… His name is Jeremy, right? It defiantly shouldn’t be him… I looked in the corner of my eyes and it defiantly looked like Hongki, but that color of blonde makes him look different.

 

Hongki P.O.V

“What a weird bartender…” I furrowed by brows. “Hmmm… her voice sounds really familiar…” I sighed and shook my head, “no, I don’t know any girls that look that scary as her,” I told myself. “But then again, I didn’t really get to see much of her face, all I saw was her dark drawn eyes. Her voice sounds awfully way to familiar, I have to see what she looks like, and maybe that way I’ll recognize her…”

“Hey excuse me!” I called her over but she ignored me. Probably didn’t hear me…

“Excuse me!” I shouted louder this time, but a different bartender came over.
“Yes sir, what do you need help with?” he asked.
“That girl over there, what is her name?” I asked him.

“Oh, it’s IU” he answered.
“IU?” I repeated. I don’t know anyone named IU… “Oh well…” I shrugged my shoulders.

 

Ji Eun P.O.V

“That guy just asked for your name, I think he’s interested in you,” my co-worker tittered.
“What!? What did you tell him?” I raised my voice.
“Woah, calm down! Of course I didn’t give him your real name, I told him your nickname, IU.” He reassured me.

“If it’s Hongki then what the hell is he doing here?” I cussed under my breath, “son of a . Why did you have to appear before me once again?” he didn’t even recognize me… Maybe I’m just imagining things… Maybe it’s not Hongki. It could be someone completely different that looks a lot like him…

"Aish! Whatever, not like I care whether or not if he remembers me.” I looked back at the table he was sitting at but he wasn’t there anymore. “Eh? Where did he go?” My eyes searched around the room but he was nowhere to be seen. I grinded my teeth, “disappearing out of my sight once again…” I shook my head vigorously, “Ji Eun, get a hold of yourself! He’s not worth thinking about!” I clamped my face in my hands.

“Eyyy, who are you talking about?” Mir hugged Ji Eun from behind.
“Hey! You’re not supposed to be behind the counter, get our Mir!” I pushed him to the side.

“Your face is a bit red… Were you blushing just now? Aw, you’re so cute,” Mir squeezed my cheek.
“Yah! I told you not to call me that!” I yanked his hand off of my cheek, and continued to work.

Seriously, I could care less about that bastard. Hearing his voice kills my ears, and seeing his face burns my eyes. If it’s really you Hongki, why did you have to come back and torment me this way?