Chapter 1

Lilies To Remember You By

 

“And yet another heated argument with the others; I don’t wanna see them it pisses me off! Why can’t they see things in my point of view?! Especially Onew, who’s getting this leader thing to his damn head” “Jonghyun thought to himself, walking to God-knows-where with heavy steps, rain suddenly poured unexpectedly when he reached the river in the side of the town, “dammit! Will this night get any worse!?” he shouted, thunder shouted back, he grunted and tried to find shade, and by the river stood a girl, her knees were shaking and her body was ‘too’ relaxed “hey!!” Jonghyun shouted and ran to her “No….” she said, and fainted on the spot “oh ” he said, and gave her gentle slaps “hey, wake up!” he called. When the rain got stronger, he panicked and scooped her up and carried her to the hospital.

“Help me! She just fainted!” he shouted at the E.R. loud enough to get the attention of the doctors and nurses “wait, is that Mi-sun?” the first nurse recognized and ‘Mi-sun’ was taken to a hospital room. “Good thing you found Mi-sun, looks like her illness is back huh?” the Doctor said while looking pitifully at the young girl, Jonghyun asked “does she have any parents or relatives?” “naah she’s an orphan no one wants to adopt her too since they said it will cost a fortune taking care of her”, Jonghyun gazed one more time at the girl “I’ll take care of her while she’s here” the doctor raised his eyebrow “can you do it?”, Jonghyun nodded with motivation.

Jonghyun still refused to go home for many reasons, the rain was still strong, he’s still angry with his friends and he can’t find the will to leave the poor girl alone, he stared at her for hours and her eyes fluttered open “Hi Mi-sun, you’re awake!” he greeted at the bewildered girl “how did you know Mi-sun’s name?”  “The doctors told me, I’m Jonghyun, nice to meet you”, Mi-sun sat up and pouted “you’re just one of the people who come, take advantage of Mi-sun, then leave Mi-sun without a trace” Jonghyun shook his head “No! I’m not that kind of person! Actually I’m here because I’ll be the one who will take care of you while you’re here” the little girl’s frowning face turned into a gentle and sweet smile “you will!? Yay! Mi-sun is so happy! Mi-sun and oppa will be great friends!” Jonghyun laughed “by the way oppa, what brings you to find Mi-sun in the river?” she asked “I-I was taking a stroll” Mi-sun raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms “Mi-sun may not know how to read words but she can read minds, so you can’t lie to her!” “Fine… my friends and I got into an argument” Mi-sun gasped “an argument?! Why?!” “Huh? It’s because I wanted to go international but they said that I’m rushing into things too much” Mi-sun gave him a dirty look “things does not always go your way, you should say sorry to your friends and tell them how important they are to you” Jonghyun was shocked with the sudden shift of mood “you should do it now…” “Wait, Mi-sun, is it okay for me to leave?” “Mi-sun knows you’re coming back anyway” Jonghyun felt ashamed, she’s able to say that even though she has no friends he stood up “alright, I’ll make up to them” Mi-sun’s smile returned “good luck, oppa, Mi-sun will be waiting okay?” Jonghyun stood up and returned to the house, “Jonghyun!! Where on earth have you been?!?!” his fellow band members said while running to him, accompanied by Key’s motherly scold “I-I’m sorry guys, I’ve been too self-centered lately a-and you guys are really important to me and-“ “aw come on don’t get sappy like that I’m getting teary-eyed here!” Minho cooed “by the way, we talked about the argument last night and-“Onew discussed, but Jonghyun cut him off “you’re the leader, Onew and you’re right, I’m rushing it so… let’s just stay” The others looked at each other in bewilderment “y-yeah sure, Jonghyun” Onew replied under his breath, everyone laughed for no apparent reason “by the way Jonghyun, you’re soaked, you might catch a cold or something” Key said with a worried tone and pulled him to the room.