The Kiss

The Kiss

 

“Are you ready to go home yet, Myungsoo?” A young beauty full of life smiled at her occupied lover.

“In a bit, we’re still playing Poker.” He held his cards with one hand and the other supporting his chin.

“Alright, don’t play too long. I’ll be downstairs with the girls.” She makes her way to the hallway then to the stairs.

“Jiyoung-ah!” Myungsoo called for her, “Call your mom that we’re going to take a while.”

“Okay!” She replied and quickly called her mother that she was still at the party.

“Eh Myungsoo, how long have you guys been dating?” His friend asked all of a sudden, “Did you guys… you know already?”

Myungsoo wore on a confused face then laughed awkwardly, “W-what do you mean, Woohyun?”

“You idiot!” One of their other friends playing smacked Woohyun’s head.

“Ya-yah! I meant did he kiss her already! Gosh Dongwoo, why would you think that I meant ?” He covered up his erted meaning as Myungsoo’s face burned up.

“Whatever, anyways, Myungsoo did you guys kiss yet?” Dongwoo stared at his uncomfortable face.

“Ah! Look at the time! It’s getting late; I gotta send Jiyoung home before I get in trouble!” He threw down his cards onto the table and got up.

“I bet you he hasn’t even kissed her yet.” Their redheaded friend whispered but loud enough for Myungsoo to hear.

“Or even held hands.” A higher pitched man whispered back.

“Yah!” Myungsoo nearly shouted, “At least I have a girlfriend!”

“You sure it’s not just a friend that’s a girl?” The redhead smirked teasingly.

“Ohhhh!” The boys excluding Myungsoo did in sync, “Burn!”

Myungsoo gave a death glare at each and every one of them. “Okay, guys! Let’s not get him mad. I’m sure when the time comes, they will kiss.” Dongwoo laughed in between the announcement.

“I bet he can’t even kiss her before our next hang out two days from now on Saturday!” The high pitched guy shouted.

“Sung Jong, what will you bet in?” He challenged with a devilish smirk on his face.

“If I don’t win this bet, I will perform ‘Trouble Maker’ with Sung Yeol and kiss him!” Sung Jong pointed at the poor amused boy.

“Deal!” Myungsoo his bottom lip, “If I lose?”

“You break up with her.” Sung Gyu grinned evilly.

“Whatever.” He scoffed.

“And when you two come back, we’re all hoping to see a little more affection between you guys.” Sung Jong added, “Oh yeah, and another thing, you can’t lie, I have my lie detector!”

‘That’s right, I forgot!’ Myungsoo thought to himself, ‘Ah, I will just have to kiss her then.”

“He’s burning!” Woohyun placed his hands on Myungsoo’s cheek, “Not to mention red too!”

“Stop it! I have to leave now!” Myungsoo pushed his hands away and walked out.

“Don’t forget the bet!” The guys all shouted from the room.

 

“You two didn’t kiss yet?!” A redheaded baby face said in disbelieve and placed her teacup down on the table. Jiyoung shook her head nervously.

“Wow,” The blonde mature looking woman spoke and grabbed onto her, “I love that you’re still so innocent and cute! Maybe that’s why Myungsoo haven’t kissed you yet! Gyah, my baby Jing is growing! Don’t let me go Jing!”

“Unnie,” Jiyoung blushed heavily, “Don’t do that.”

“Aigoo, my baby is too cute! It’s been seven months and he hasn’t kissed you yet! How could anyone resist not kissing you?!” Gyuri continued on and planted a kiss on her cheek.

“Ahem.” Myungsoo coughed to get their attention with hidden jealousy.

Jiyoung flushed in red and got up immediately and walked to her lover. “Bye everyone!”

“So what did you guys talk about?” He asked her while walking to the car.

“Nothing much, just…” She paused for a while thinking of what to say next, “We were just talking about how cute our dogs are.”

“Oh.” He opened the door and blushed heavily at her natural beauty. He felt shy as if it was his first date with her again.

Silence surrounded the two as they stared at each other. Myungsoo’s hand twitched to place his hands on hers. Breaking the silence, Jiyoung inhaled heavily and awkwardly, “I’m getting cold.”

“Oh, sorry.” He took off his coat and put it over her shoulders and walked to the driver’s seat.

They were silent throughout the whole trip back but it was always like that. Every time when they drove off somewhere, they were always quiet unless Jiyoung spoke first. Although it was usual to be silent in the car, this time, it was different. Both minds wondered about kissing each other and how it would turn out to be like. When they got to Jiyoung’s house, Myungsoo got out of the car and went over to the passenger side opening the door to her to the front door. ‘If I don’t do it now, I will only have a day left to do it.’ Myungsoo’s conscience spoke as they got to the front door. Jiyoung gave him a heartwarming smile and turned to the door ready to open it with her keys.

“Jiyoung-ah,” He grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him locking eyes with each other. She felt her heart racing as he leaned in his face towards hers. She closed her eyes waiting for the kill.

“My eyes!” Her seven year old nephew shouted as he opened the door. “Noona!”

The two immediately let go of each other and readjusted themselves. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” Myungsoo smiled shyly.

“Okay.” Jiyoung grinned with red blushed cheeks and waved good-bye. And with that said, he walked to his car and drove off while she was being made fun of by her -eyed nephew. She walked to her bedroom and washed up getting ready for bed after getting her nephew to sleep.

As soon as she lie down on her bed, she thought of her almost kiss with him then placed her hand on her lips and giggled to herself before closing her eyes to sleep.  

 

Myungsoo’s eyes opened wide waking up from a heart throbbing dream with Jiyoung. He left to the bathroom and washed up. As finished washing his face, he dried it with a small towel and stared at himself. “Yah, today your dream will come true!”

 

“Jiyoung-noona-ah” The little seven year old shook her up. She opened her eyes and stared at him with a smile.

“Aunt wants you to wake up and get dressed for a meet up with a few relatives.” He sat on the bed and poked her repeatedly.

“Mason-ah!” She got up immediately started tickling him.

“Noona! Stop! Please?” He laughed in between his cries.

“Say you’re sorry and you love me!” Jiyoung stopped tickling him but held onto him.

“I’m sorry but I can’t love you noona.” He pouted his cheeks then smiled happily, “Myungsoo-ahjusshi loves you already.”

“You cute thing!” She tightened her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek.

“Ew, my cheeks!” He cried disgustingly trying to squirm away from her grip.

“Okay, since you’re resisting, get out.” She grinned letting him go. “I’ll just go to someone who won’t resist me.”

“Myungsoo-hyung?” He asked exposing his puppy eyes. She nodded in response. “Noona kajima!”

“Nope, I’ll go since you didn’t want me to.” She playfully looked the other way.

“Fine!” He pouted then pointed at his cheeks. “Noona, don’t be mad.”

“How can I be mad at you, my little brat?” She carried him up and kissed him on the cheeks. “Okay, now get out of here, I need to change.”

“Okay!” He grinned happily and ran out the door.

 

Myungsoo grabbed his phone and called Jiyoung, “Let’s meet later on. I need to tell you something.”

“Okay.” Jiyoung smiled on the line. “I have to go meet some relatives, so I’ll call you when I’m done.”

“I’ll be having lunch with my family at my place, don’t bother me and miss me too much.” He teased.

“If I don’t bother you, I will miss you.” She replied realizing that he was opening up a bit more.

“Ah, then I’ll come and bother you. That way I won’t miss you too.” He hung up the phone and grinned at himself. “Jiyoung-ah, I love you.” He said aloud and got dressed to meet her.

 

“I’ll get it!” Jiyoung ran for the door and opened it. Myungsoo stood there smirking at her cuteness. ‘He’s so cool.’ The two got lost staring at each other’s eyes. “Would you like to come in?” She asked breaking their sweet moment.

“It’s okay, I just came here to see you then go to the store to buy some junk food for my brothers and sisters. I didn’t want you to miss me too much when I’m away from you.” He winked at her playfully.

“We’re going to see each other later on too so, go home!” She puffed her cheeks and glared at him.

“Okay then, bye.” He spread his arms wide and gave her a huge bear hug. “I’ll see you later, kay?” He felt her nod her head.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t make it tonight. My parents decided to sleep at my house tonight then go to my uncle’s wedding tomorrow.” Myungsoo left her a message as the answer machine beeped, “I’ll see you tomorrow with the gang.”

He hung up the phone and checked his watch for time. It was only ten o’clock. “Myungsoo-ah!” A little girl with a teddy bear walked in with an elderly woman.

“Is this your girlfriend?” The woman picked up a framed picture with written love symbols on the wooded frame. “Myungsoo and Jing” She read from the frame.

“Hey!” He reached for it but failed to get it from her.

“She’s very pretty and you look very cute here. Myungsoo-ah, you’ve changed and became more open, it was because of her right?” She asked grinning at the picture.

“Yeah.” Myungsoo smiled in defeat.

“I’d like to meet her sometime then.” She placed the picture down and focused on him.

“Okay, mom” He replied.

 

“I’m here.” His voiced cooled as she picked up the phone. She smiled and hung then went outside to Myungsoo. They greeted each other with shy with warming smiles at each other then walked to their friend’s house.

“Myungsoo-ah, remember right when we were going to leave Woohyun’s house?” She asked as she remembered he walked out a bit jealous when Gyuri kissed her.

Myungsoo smiled nervously and scratched his head. “W-what are you talking about?”

“When you walked out jealous that Gyuri kissed me.” She puffed her cheeks and bit her bottom lip.

“I was jealous?” He smirked at her as they got to the front of the house. Jiyoung nodded her head then stared at his sparkling eyes. “Why would I be jealous when I have you?”

They both felt their heart race as Myungsoo slowly gets closer to her. Slowly, he comes closer. Slowly, she steps back. She steps back until the wall was in her way. Myungsoo placed his two hands on the wall pinning her. She glared at his piercing eyes then to his moist beautiful lips. And slowly, he leans in on her as she closes her eyes. Within just five seconds, their lips finally met each other. The love that they had for each other was being transferred to one another. Soft lips kissing passionately and sweetly continued to bargain for the winner as the door creaked open.

“Sung Jong! You better kiss Sung Yeol with that Trouble Maker song now!” Woohyun shouted then screamed like a fan girl then kissed his beloved Seungyeon next to him.

The two jumped in surprise and flushed in red as they both held hands tightly. They were in need of air anyways. “My baby Jing grew up already?!” Gyuri came running out of the house and hugged Jiyoung.

“Let’s go inside and watch the two kiss each other.” Dongwoo said in a creepy tone as Myungsoo and Jiyoung blushed again even harder. “Ah, I didn’t mean you two! I meant the infinite losers.”

“That’s just…” Sung Gyu face palmed as the others laughed and walked in as the two lovebirds stared at each other slowly walking in last.

Myungsoo leaned down by her ear and whispered, “Kiss me if you love me.”

“You wish!” Jiyoung argued playfully. “You should kiss me if you do!”

And with that said, Myungsoo made her face him and kissed her on the forehead with absolute pure love.