Chapter 2

My past isn't my past anymore

Yuma:

I'm here, I'm finally here! I step out of the plane and smile brightly, looking around. I walk from the airport and go inside, following the people. I don't have to pack my stuff like other people do, because I don't have anything. So I walk through the building, to the front door while looking around. I see a lot of people, from different races, different countries. I look out of the window and see a beautiful Sakura tree. "I'm in Japan" I say as I walk towards the window. I lean on the windowsill and stare to the pink Sakura tree. It's been a while since I've seen it. When I was a kid I always thought they were beautiful. In America I didn't see a tree like this. Maybe because I was too busy with work or they just don't have Sakura there. I don't know. I turn around and walk to the front door. Outside. I walk to the tree and look how beautiful it looks. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I hear a girl say in Japanese. I turn around and see a girl. I don't answer and look at the tree again. "I always think those trees are beautiful" She says again. What does he want? Does she know who I am? Was I also in the new in Japan? Or is she just being nice? "You don't talk too much, right?" She says smiling and walks towards me. "I'm Yurina" She says while she reaches out her hand to me. I think she just wants to be nice. Should I tell her my name? If I do she might know who I am and tell the police. No, I'm not telling her my real name. "Akira" I say without showing any emotions and I didn't even say my last name. She smiles. "You're not from here are you? You kind of have an accent". Do I? My accent changed in all those years? Maybe it’s because I only spoke English when I was in America. My father wanted me to. Even to talk English to him and the others. He wanted me to understand the language and the land better, that's why. "America" I say as I still see her smile. It annoys me. What does she want of me and why is she smiling whole the time. "Cool!" She says "I never been there, though I want to, why did you came to Japan?". Why does she want me to tell my life story? "I'm born here" I say and turn around to walk away. Great, she just ruined the moment between me and the tree. Doesn't it look like I'm Japanese? Even the name I used. How annoying? She follows me. "Cool, why did you came back?" She asks. I don't answer. I just walk further. "You're going to your family?" She asks. My family? I didn't saw my family for years. I wonder if I still have family living in Japan. "Yes!" I say, though I don't know where to go. I can't go to my family; I don't even know their places. I don't have any money so a hotel isn't an option. I didn't thought about this before. I should just live on the streets then, but what if the police notice me? They might lock me up somewhere because I've no home. "Well, where do they live? I can walk with you...". I turn around to face her. "What do you want?!" I say a little mad. Her smile disappears and I'm looking at her shocked expression on her face.