Chapter 1

My past isn't my past anymore

Yuma:

I open my eyes and the only thing I see is a bright light. After a while I can see the ceiling. I try to sit but my headache won't let me. Slowly I bring my hand to my head. I try to sit again and it works. Slowly. "Argh..." I moan. I look around in the room. I'm in a hospital. I look to my hand and see there's something. a hospital machine thingy. I remove it from my hand and try to left my bed. I can barely stand. I almost fell but just in time I grab the edge of the bed. I sit down for a few seconds and then try to stand again. I walk to the closet and see some clothes. I don't know who brought them here but I just change myself into some clothes. I walk out of the room, still a little weak and dizzy, and see some doctors. Luckily they don't recognize me and ask me questions. I'll try to be as normal as I can, something that doesn't work together with that headache and being dizzy. The only thing I can think about is to escape from here. I should go, before they notice I awoke and the police will be here. I see a doctor and I almost trip because of my dizzyness, luckily she didn't notice. I walk further and then I remember that day. The day we robbed that bank. It was the biggest mistake we ever made and also the first bank we ever robbed. We robbed other stores of course, but this was our first bank and it turned into a huge mistake.

"Okay, so... The camera's are sabotaged?" Keito asked as he took his gun out of the glovebox. I nodded and took my gun out of the box as well. "And Ryo did the alarm..." I said. Keito looked at me with those look from: Are you kidding? "You sure?" He asked. I shrug as someone opened the car door from the back seats. Ryo stepped inside the car. "What about the alarm?" Keito asked while looking into his mirror. Ryosuke nodded. "They're off". "Hope you're right!" Keito said sarcasticly as he opened his car door and stepped out. Me and Ryosuke did the same. "Let's go!" Keito said while he walked into the direction of the bank. We followed him and acted like we were customers. I saw a calandar on the wall. 21 November 2008. Keito went to the counter while Ryosuke went to the door, on watch. The employee asked Keito if he could help him. "Yeah?" Keito said and he took out his gun. He pointed it to the employee. "Give me all your money!" He yelled. The employee shocked and gave him the keys of the money safe. He asked the girl, what was probably the employee's daughter to help us with the money and me and Keito loaded it in.

The last thing I can remember is that I was hit by something. I immediately fell on the ground and closed my eyes. A few minutes later I heard, somewhere far away, police sirens and then I woke up in the hospital bed.

I look to the wall and see a calandar what says: 15 October 2011. 2011? Did I sleep for that long? I walk to the front door of the hospital and open it. The bright sun is shining on my face. I walk to outside. The only thought I have right now is to escape from here. I should go. Far away. Maybe to another country. I was born in America where my father runs the organization. My mother died when I was four, so I had no choice but particpate in my father's company. But now. This is my chance. Now I can escape. I bet he even came to the hospital to see me. He probably doesn't know I'm still alive. Maybe I should go back to Japan. The last time I'v been there was when I was 10. No one recognizes me there. Maybe I should just go back. But how? I don't have any money. Before I notice it I'm already heading to the airport.

I'm sitting at a bench on the airport and thinking of how I can get a ticket. I could never afford a ticket. I sigh as I'm staring at the ground. I shock as someone is going to sit next to me. I look up and see an old woman. I think she is in the 80's. "I was here to pick up my prize" She starts talking. Prize? What is she talking about? "I won a contest and I just picked up my price". Whatever. I start looking to the ground again. Thinking for a plan. "But I don't know what to do with it, I'm too old to fly" She says. I sigh as I'm standing up to walk away. "Maybe you know what to do with it" She says as she is also standing up. She gives me an enveloppe and without saying anything I grab it. "Have fun, mister" She says and walk away. I open the enveloppe. There are two plane tickets in it. Guess she won two tickets at that contest. I take one out of the enveloppe. -First class ticket to Japan- My eyes are widened by reading that sentence. Japan? Did that old lady just gave me a ticket to Japan? I look around but I don't see her anymore. I look at the time what the ticket says and look at my watch. I've got ten minutes till the plane goes. I ran as fast as I can while looking to the boards to see if I'm going the right way.

"Can I see your ticket please?" The man asks me. I give him the ticket and he says I can go through. I give a last look around if I see that old woman again. She's watching at me. I smile and give her a 'Thank you' sign. Then I turn around and walks to the plane.