Yun's Story Teaser: How nice it could be

Series: Let me fly you to the Moon

         “I’m giving you 10 minutes to pick me here in the airport, Carter. 10 minutes. . . What?! You’re just going to send--- No! no way! I won’t speak Korean, you moron. If you’re going to let any Korean pick me here instead of you, I’ll make sure you’ll regret---hey! Are you still. . .and he hanged me up.” Dianne sighed miserably. “Well, Sam Carter. Great. Just great.”

         Frustrated by what her cousin did, she made her way to her luggage and slumped lazily on the nearest seat as she waited for the Korean dudes that would pick her up, courtesy of her beloved cousin. Her jetlag didn’t even help either. Her eyes were heavy that she could easily lie on her seat and doze off, but she brought herself back to her senses. Her mind was like floating in the midair, barely noticing the people that passed by. She even spotted some giggly looking girls with gigantors and DSLRs as they mobbed some people up to the exit, probably some kpop stars. She didn’t care anyway.

         Whatever.

         Fifteen more minutes passed, still there were no Korean dudes approached her. She started to pick some well-chosen swear words for her cousin when she spotted a guy with long wavy hair. She continued to stare at him and maybe, by some forces of nature, the guy looked at her direction and they locked gazes. Her heartbeat seemed to stop.

         No.

         She stood up and tried to focus her attention to the guy that she just saw. She was rooted on the spot, as she saw him like he was looking for someone a while ago and now; they were looking at each other. She hesitated, then tried to lift her finger, but then, she backed off.

         No. Impossible.

         “Annyeong haseyo.”

         She turned her head to the person who just greeted her. The guy had a shoulder-length brown hair with a face of a mannequin. She couldn’t point if she was talking to a guy or a girl.

         “Are you talking to me?” Dianne asked the too-pretty-to-be-a guy in front of her, ignoring the fact that he or she might not understand her because of her accent or her language.

         “Yes?” The guy/girl answered her back, uncertain if his response was correct or not. “Errm. You are Sam-hyung’s cousin, aren’t you?”

         Dianne smiled as she heard the guy was speaking English and not Korean, or the girl. Whatever.

          “Yes. I’m that dumb’s cousin. Dianne Louvre.” She raised her right hand, readied to shake hands which the guy/girl accepted.

         “Oh yes, Diana L-Louvre? Sorry. I’m not good in English.”

         “It’s fine. You’re English is pretty good.”

         “I’m Shin Taeho, by the way.”

         “Ohh~ I see. Nice to meet you.” She looked at Taeho who was busy carrying her luggage. “By the way, you’re a guy, right?”

         Taeho gave her an awkward look and nodded, as if saying why she would mistake him as a girl, and continued to pick her things that they would carry to the car. Dianne, who merely realized her stupidity, shrugged. Korean guys were prettier than girls, her kpop demented friends often told her that. She got her knapsack when she remembered the guy she saw a while ago. She glanced around the lobby, but she couldn’t find him anymore.

         “Ne. I got her. I’ll be in the car in 5 minutes. What? Okay just hurry up. Ne. Okay. Bye.” Taeho was busy jabbering Korean words at his phone which she barely understood.

         And she followed Taeho.

         “Two hours. Seoul. Yes. I will doze off. Yay!” Dianne curled in her seat as Taeho looked at her from the driver’s seat.

         “We w-will just wait for my friend to a-arrive, is that ok? He brin--bought something in the duty free shop.” She heard Taeho said something in broken English. She moved her hands dismissively.

         “It’s ok. I’ll just sleep here.” She managed to give him a tired smile and slept in instant, exactly when the door of the car burst open. A guy with long black silky  hair came in.

         “She’s Sam’s cousin?” He smiled at the girl curling in the seat wrapped in a pink bunny blanket.

         “Yes, Mr. Han Seung Yun. Hurry up or we’ll be late.” Taeho snatched the duty free paper bags from Yun and placed it beside his seat. “I think you should sit beside her. She might fall in her seat while we drive to Seoul.” 

         “Fine. Fine. Don’t nag.” Yun settled himself at the back if the car beside Dianne. He made a glance to the girl beside him, seeing that she’s kind of familiar. He was in deep thought when he snapped.

         “Ah.”                                                                                                                        

         She was the girl whom he saw looking at him a while ago.