"I could be all that you need, if you let me try"

Oneshot: Terrified
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Yoona, wait up!” Siwon called out to her as he chased after her along the dim-lit corridors. Yoona, on the other hand, merely heard him but did not bother to look back. The least person that she wanted to see right now was Choi Siwon. She kept her head held high as she walked briskly, trying to prevent her tears from trickling down her flawless face.

 

A hand suddenly landed on Yoona’s shoulder causing her to jerk a little as a result of shock.  They stopped exactly right infront of Yoona’s doorstep.

 

“Finally!” Siwon breathed a sigh of relief. “You…you seriously…gave me a hard time…right there.” He said in between his breaths.

 

“You sure are one fast deer!” Siwon teased, hoping he could put a smile on Yoona’s face; but instead she just glared at him in return and immediately looked away from him as she bit her lips.

 

Siwon’s face fell a little. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked Yoona, his voice filled with concern. Siwon stood in front of her as he placed his other hand on her vacant shoulder.

 

“Nothing. Just…just leave me alone!” Yoona replied coldly, still looking away from Siwon as she shrugged his hands off her lean shoulders. She was going to reach for her room’s door when Siwon suddenly blocked her way. Another option for her was to walk away but Siwon grabbed her by the wrist.

 

Yoona tried to protest but Siwon tightened his grip on her. “You’re not going anywhere unless you tell me what’s wrong; and I wouldn’t take ‘nothing’ for an answer.”

 

Silence filled the air for a few seconds until Yoona gathered the courage to speak up. “Okay, you really want to know what’s wrong?” Her voice cracked as she spoke. Siwon didn’t take his gaze off Yoona as he keenly waited for her explanation.

 

“Why do you keep on pushing me away, oppa?” Yoona asked as her tears started to run down from her doe-shaped eyes.

 

Siwon gave a quizzical look as his grip on her loosened. He seriously had no idea about what Yoona meant. “Wha---what do you mean? And why…why are you crying? What exactly did I do?” He worriedly asked as he gently wiped the tears off her face.

 

“You’re doing it again.” Yoona angrily told Siwon as she looked away from him.

 

WHAT?! Siwon’s inner voice yelled. He didn’t want to say it out loud for it might scare Yoona away.

 

As he tried to contain of what’s left of his patience, Siwon closed his eyes. “I’m listening, Yoong. I’m all ears for you.”

 

“You’re always making it hard for me, don’t you know that?” Yoona instantly followed up as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

 

“That thing you said awhile ago…it hurt me a lot.” Tears started to well up in her eyes again.

 

Siwon became puzzled once more as he tried to remember what he said at the photoshoot earlier. We were having such a good time awhile ago. She was even laughing hard about the jokes I was telling her. Where could have I gone wrong? He seriously thought to himself.

 

“Siwon,” Yoona started but she suddenly got her ‘cat-got-your-tongue’ moment when it suddenly hit her that she was about to reveal her real feelings for him. She didn’t want to say the magic eight-lettered three words yet for she felt that the wall of shame was awaiting for her once those words slipped out of .  She had this feeling that Siwon would not take her seriously for he does not reciprocate the same feelings for her.

 

“Do you dislike me that much? I feel like you don’t even like working with me. You don’t even want to come close. You’re…you’re always…pairing me with somebody else!”

 

And then it suddenly hit Siwon.  He clearly remembered what he said earlier:  I wouldn’t get too close, who knows what Yoona’s future husband will do to me.

 

That offended her? But…why?! I didn’t know it would be such a big deal for her. Siwon kept his thoughts to himself as he tried to understand how that statement of his offended Yoona.

 

Did I really sound that rude? He assessed himself again, still unable to utter a word. He looked down on his feet for the sight of Yoona crying just pained him more.

 

“If you hate me, then why don’t you just tell it to my face?!” As Yoona said this, Siwon lifted his gaze from the ground and met with Yoona’s eyes.

 

“Stop it, Yoona. You don’t know what you’re saying.” Siwon told her

Please log in to read the full chapter