On The Train...

What If...

Evelyn sighed. Finally, her school day ended. The 8th period was over and she walked from the new building towards the station to take the train home.

That was one thing about schools in Germany - unlike in the USA, school didn't end at the same time for everyone. And to get to shool or back home, some kids went on foot, some by bike, some were driven to school or drove themselves, some took the school bus - and some, like her, went by train.

Evelyn reached the station in the town of her school in time to hear someone say through the speakers that the train she had to take was delayed. She rolled her eyes in annoyance. She had had to hurry and now the train that was usually always on time came too late. That was so damn typical!

At least the train only had a delay of ten minutes. Hopefully it would stay like that!

Evelyn sat down on one of the benches and looked down onto her iPod. The song she was currently listening to was from one of her favorite bands, but she wasn't in the mood for that. Instead she switched to SHINee's Lucifer.

Ten minutes went by and she had changed her playlist once again, listened to Super Junior by then, when the barriers finally rang and went down, symbolized that the train would arrive soon.

Evelyn stood up from the bench and grabbed her bag, then she went further to the front to wait for the train.

About two minutes later it arrived - and caused Evelyn to groan as she found out that the train was as full as it could be. Luckily, some people exited the train - but it was almost for sure that not everyone from the station would fit into the train.

A minute later she was proven right when the driver announced that the others should go out of the doors' area and that bikes were not allowed.

In the end they had 25 minutes of delay. She noticed how a man in a suit near her got nervous and looked onto his clock every 30 seconds as it seemed. Evelyn rolled her eyes but ignored it and concentrated more onto her music. Though she had noticed that the ones sitting in the four seater with that man seemed more familiar that she had expected. And if she wasn't mistaken, she knew all of them.

They reached the next halt and while some people tried to get out - and even succeeded! - more people tried to get in and it became as crowded as before. But only five minutes later she hastily unplugged her ears because the driver said something. Something that made everyone groan. the nervous man looked up and said something but he didn't get an answer. He looked around and then asked again, "What did he say?" Evelyn was surprised to hear him speak English and not german like everyone else around her.

When no one else answered, Evelyn spoke up. "He said that the train will stay here because of some issue and it's unsure how much delay we will have in the end." The man looked at her for a moment, then he started to curse. The language he spoe was soft and velvet and familiar to her but she couldn't understand it. Though, regarding who was sitting next to him, it almost seemed clear to her what language it was.

Ignoring it, she sighed and used the bit of spae that she had to sit down and pull her notebook out to continue writing. The train stood in its spot  somewhere in the middle of nowhere and she was quite sure that it would remain there for a while.

Suddenly her phone rang and she answered it without even paying attention to who it was. "Yeah?"

"Hey, sweety!" her best friend beamed.

Evelyn had to smile immediately. "Hey, Saku!"

"Where are you, Evy? Usually you're at home at this time!"

"Sorry, Saku, the train has a lot of delay and we're standing in the middle of nowhere. There's trees on the left side of the train and more trees on the right side of the train."

"But yeobo~!"

Evelyn smiled at her friend using Hangul. "You know - Saranghae!"

"Nado saranghaeyo, sweety!"

"Bye!"

"See you later!"

Evelyn smiled and ended the call.

"Did you just say 'Saranghae'?"

Evelyn loked up at the male who had asked her in English. He had a slight, expected accent.

She nodded. "Ne, I did."

The next Korean word made more boys turn around. "Why?" one of them asked. "Do you learn Hangul?"

Evelyn had to smile but tried her best to not let any other emotions show through. "Not really. My friend teaches me some words but I learn the most by listening to Korean songs."

That got the whole band's attention. A blonde peeked around the man in the suit, hope on his face. "Does that mean that you know us?" he asked and Evelyn nodded, made that guy, Lee Sungmin, smile in happiness.

Eunhyuk leaned further foreards to be able to look at her but regarding that the conversation might last a bit longer she stood up. "Really? You know us?"

"But you aren't an ELF, are you?" someone asked in way better English and it was only then that Evelyn saw that Henry and Zhou Mi were there as well.

She smiled brightly. "Actually, I am. But I thought that you would prefer to be treated like everyone else and not have a squealing girl nearby again."

The band's leader laughed. "You're right."

Suddenly the guy in the suite spoke up. Though this time she couldn't understand it. But when Leeteuk replied, Evelyn assumed that they had talked in Hangul. "Do you want to sit down?" Donghae suddenly offered. Evelyn nodded hesitantly and the young man reached his hands out. When Eunhyuk stood up to sit on his friend's lap, Evelyn bit her lower lip in order to not squeal at seeing her favorite pairing among Super Junior like that.

Leeteuk motioned for her to sit down once more and this time Evelyn followed that gesture. Only when she had sat down and Henry and Zhou Mi behind her turned around just like Kibum and Siwon who sat behind Heechul and Donghae turned around, she finally noticed what kind of situation she was in. She. Her idols. Idols from South Korea whom she never even thought she'd ever meet. Sitting next to her. Around her. At a place picked out from her everyday life.

"So, youknow a couple of Korean words?" Heechul asked and Evelyn nodded.

"What about Mandarin?" Zhou Mi asked.

Evelyn giggled a little bit. "Besides 'I love you' I know nothing."

"And Japanese?" Kyuhyun continued.

"A couple of words, about the same as Hangul but a bit less." the girl asnwered.

"You know our songs?" Eunhyuk asked though it sounded more like a statement.

"Almost all of them, I guess. I have all of your repackaged albums - at least the ones from you as Super Junior in general - and the first three Super Show, whereas my friend owns the same cds and the forth Super Show."

"What about your favorite member?" Ryeowook asked.

Evelyn blusehd. "W-well..." She looked down. "To tell the truth, my favorite members among Super Junior are Eunhyuk, Donghae, Ryeowook and Leeteuk."

Kibum pouted. "And what about your friend?"

"Saku?" Evelyn looked up again. "Her biases are Kyuhyun, Henry and Yesung."

"Yah! What about the rest of us?" Sungmin complained.

"Well, you are my other friend's favorite."

Sungmin smiled brightly but now Henry continued. "Have you ever been in Canada? Or South Korea? Or China?"

Evelyn had to laugh. "No, I haven't been to any of those."

"Really not?" Henry pouted.

"No. But I am planning to go to the US. But I also want to go to South Korea one day with some friends if possible." she stated.

"The two friends you mentioned earlier?" Siwon asked and Evelyn nodded. "Ne."

"Why do you have to take the train? Where are you going?" Shindong asked and because he sat the furthest away from her and it wasn't really quiet in the train, Evelyn needed a moment until she understood what the dancer had asked.

"Oh! That's quite obvious, I guess - school. Right now I'm on my way home from school. But what about you? Why are you here in Nothern Germany?"

Leeteuk smiled. "Fans told us to come here. We've been in the United States before nd had to stop in the UK because of some maintance issue. Afterwards we ended up at that airport that shouldn't even be called an airport." Evelyn had to giggle; she had already heard about it.

"And then we ended up taking a train which was already full because the van expected us in Frankfurt." Donghae ended.

Evelyn frowned. "But why didn't you call them when you were in the UK?"

"Because we didn't know that we would end up there, wherever that was. At least until 15 minutes before the plane left and then we had to hurry to catch it at all and didn't have time to call. But we were told that we would be picked up in... Hamburg?" Hangeng looked at their manager who nodded.

"You'll go to Hamburg?" Evelyn asked with a smile on her face.

"Ne. You know it?" Ryeowook looked at her curiously.

Evelyn thought for a moment how she should answer but then decided to not make it too personal yet. "Of course. Almost everyone here knows Hamburg. It's pretty popular." she answered.

"That's good to know." Heechul stated. "Can you go shopping there?"

The girl giggled. "Yes, you can."

"So, where are you from?" Shindong continued.

Now Evelyn couldn't hide that smile anymore. "I am from Hamburg."

"Really??? That's amazing! But why didn't you say that earlier?" Zhou Mi asked from behind her which made Evelyn just shrug. When she didn't say anything else, Donghae continued their asking session, "Who is the girl you talked to earlier? Is she from Hamburg as well?"

"Saku? Yes, she's from Hamburg, too."

"How did you two get to know about us?" Yesung wanted to know.

"Friends of mine first showed me a song from Beast which didn't really interest me at that time. Then, a couple of months later, they showed me two of your songs and then I slowly got into K-pop."

"You're only saying that because we're sitting next to you, aren't you?" Kangin asked after a short silence and Evelyn shook her head, smiled.

"No, I don't. 'Shock' really didn't impress me too much, neither did 'Mr Simple' or 'Bonamana'. But then there was that blond guy that somehow could dance better than the rest." She looked at Eunhyuk. "I did some research and also told Saku about everything. By the end of April we had come to love that band and regretted not having gone to that concert at the beginning of April in Paris." Evelyn explained.

"What about other bands?" Leeteuk asked further.

"I know some songs from SHINee, Big Bang, EXO-K, ChAOS, Teen Top, Infinite and SS501, maybe more." she answered, tried to remember every group. "But I don't really like girl groups, I think they are... too cutesey and stuff. I don't know..."

Eunhyuk laughed. "But you don't mind Heechul-hyung?" He immediately got hit because of that comment.

"No, I think that you are worse, oppa." she deadpanned which caused Eunhyyuk to quiet down instantly and Heechul, Kyuhyun and Donghae to laugh instead.

"What the... who are you!?" Eunhyuk complained and caused Evelyn to laugh as well.

"I gotta remember that!" Kyuhyun said while laughing and Heechul high-fived him.

"What are you usually doing when you're on the train?" Shindong asked.

The girl shrugged. "I'm listening to music. Sometimes I also read or write."

"Yeah right." Hangeng said with a thoughtful expression. "What have you been writing earlier?"

"Umm..." Fanfics. But she could impossibly say that. Especially regarding which one it was. "There's something I gotta do for school. English homework. A story. We're mostly free but the topic that we have to have in it is friendhsip."

"Yeah right. And in reality?" Siwon asked, his eyebrow cocked.

"No, really! It is about friendship, it is in English andit does improve my English so it's also good for school! Maybe it's no homework but at least the rest was true!"

Heechul grinned. "That doesn't count for him."

"Thats right. You still lied." Siwon said with the most serious expression she had ever seen.

"God! Usually I don't lie because I don't like lies myself but if you knew the whole truth... that just wouldn't be good!" Evelyn defended herself.

"But-"

"Stop it, Siwon-ah. If she doesn't want to tell us, she doesn't have to. Maybe the 'homework' part wasn't right, but as she said, the rest was." Yesung spoke up for her.

"Yeah right, hyung. THe writing helps her in school so, just like homework, that is for school in some parts. ANd I don't know if you notced it - but she's better at speaking English than you are!" Kibum threw in.

Henry, who sat diagonally behind Evelyn, giggled. "I don't like to say anything against you, hyung, but Kibum-hyung is right. She's actually better than half of you."

"How dare you!?" Kyuhyun and Heechul protested and Donghae laughed.

"Hey guys, can we come closer?" Kangin asked, breaking that small fight.

"Yes!" Sungmin aid and climbed from his seat next to the manager onto a surprised boy's lap, then he took Kyuhyun's hands and put them around his stomach. "Hyung? One seat is free."

Kangin nodded and sat down next to the manager.

At the same time, Ryeowook told Yesung to sit down on the seat next to the window and then sat down on his lap. Shindong sat down next to them. Instantly, two other people took the free places. When Evelyn thought about her best friend and how it would be if she were there, she had to laugh, regarding her best friend would squeal at the sight of three of their favorite couples like that. HanChul and ZhouRy were missing but they had KyuMin and EunHae and YeWook.

By the way - "I gotta call Saku!"

"What?" Eunhyuk looked at her with a blank expression.

"Saku. My best friend, remember?"

The man nodded. "But why?"

"Because of you."

"What?"

"Ignore it."

She had been right - when she called her best friend, the girl was squealing, then questioning her. Then telling her that she 'had to wait at the station with those boys or she would be freaking dead'. The conversation took place in German, of course.

Evelyn still couldn't stop smiling when she ended the call.

"What did she say?" Zhou Mi asked from right behind her.

"She told me ot wait with you at the station so she can see herself that what I told her is true. That you really are here. Will I succeed in convincing you?"

Heechul smirked. "That depends on your argumentation."

"That's unfair, hyung! It's impossible to win against you!" Ryeowook complained.

"Exactly that's why I want her to have this conversation. Do you know how to discuss with evil minds?"

"Umm... a bit?" Evelyn answered carefully, thought about her best friend against whom she always lost.

"Then start. Convince me."

Evelyn took a deep breath. "Okay. There are a couple of stores. Even if she really isn't on time, you could look around in some stores with food, clothes and jewelry."

"Point. But it for sure isn't what I am accustomed to."

"That is most likely true. But you'll be able to get to know more about German fashion."

"I can see it here on the train, too."

"But it won't be the same, hyung. Going through shops, even if they're small, can always be funny. Especially when you try to read all the unfamiliar names of the products." Henry argued.

"Hey! You aren't suposed to be in here!" Heechul protested and glared at his Canadian dongsaeng.

"But I'm on her side so I will try to make her win." Henry said.

"Okay then. Continue. The discussion is open now for the whole band." Kyuhyun announced.

"Stations are ugly. And boring." Kibum insisted.

"Therefore you can see more aout another nation when you see something from its everyday life than you can from a hotel or our van." Sungmin fought back.

"Who cares about that!? I'm tired, annoyed and exhausted! I want to get into a bed and sleep until tomorrow!" Kyuhyun complained.

"Our van most likely isn't there already either way." Yesung stated.

"And we could at least use the time we have to wait there to get to know her friend." Hangeng added.

"You will love or hate her, Cho Kyuhyun."

"What do you mean by that?"

"She's evil, just like you."

Kyuhyun and Heechul exchanged a glance.

"You know that youre digging your own grave with that, don't you?" Shindong asked.

"I know that my friend will love me if I do that so it's worth the teasing." Evelyn showed them the other side of the meeting.

"You might regret it." Kangin added.

"It wouldn't be the first time that I'll dig my own grave."

Heechul nodded. "We're in." he said and reached his hand out for the girl.

Evelyn accepted and smiled. You know - this is the first time that I won against an evil mind."

The whole band looked at her unbelievingly but just then the train started moving again.

Along with sme sighs of relief, some people started clapping until the whole train seemed to applaud the driver. The thought that this somehow fitted to her situation as well crossed Evleyn's mind but then she just pushed it away again.

When the clapping had died down and the first people were about to start talking again, the driver announced something through the speakers which made Evelyn roll her eyes. Super Junior's manager looked at her again. "The train has one and a half hour of delay by now. We'll need about ten more minutes until we'll reach the station where we have to change trains. We have five minutes to catch the train to Hamburg but I guess that that shouldn't be too much of a problem."

"If you say so..."

"I say so."

She sent her best friend an sms afterwards that she would be in Hamburg about 45 minutes later.

The day continued with a lot of fun and a lot of teasing as well as two swuealing girls who were told that they could come to SUper Junior's concert in Berlin and even have backstage tickets and a lot of exchanged numbers.

Two days later, Evelyn and Saku had sore throats from screaming and singing, 15 autographs and the best memories of their lives - along with friends from a far away country who had promised to make it possible for them to go to South Korean one day.

 

All of this showed once again that because of small coincidences, wonderful and maybe lifelong friendships can develope.

 

 

 

Finished~

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys~! It's me, Evelyn-Chan~!

Okay, for those who wonder, heres' how they sit on the train:

at first:

                                            Henry         Zhou Mi

Sungmin    manager            Leeteuk      Evelyn

Kyuhyun   Hangeng            Heechul      EunHae

Shin-                                   Kibum          Siwon
Dong   
Kan-                                    Yesung       Ryeowook
Gin

 

later:

                                            Henry          Zhou Mi

Kangin      manager             Leeteuk       Evelyn

KyuMin     Hangeng             Heechul       EunHae

                                            Kibum          Siwon

                                            Shindong     YeWook

Henry and Zhou Mi sit in a two seater, the others all sit in (in total) 3 four seaters.

 

So, well... there are a couple of facts in here that you might see as personal facts - some are true, some aren't. I won't tell you which facts belong to which category though. :P

 

Okay, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

Please comment? Thank you~!