Final

Photograph {One Shot}

-----THE BEGINNING!

Yoona's P.O.V.
As I was walking in the park, like I would any other day, a sudden flash caught my eye. When I turned around to see what had intrigued me to do so, I found myself staring straight at a young man with a camera in his right hand and the other hand stuck halfway in his left jean pocket. He had smooth silky hair that was somewhat long, but still short enough to spike up and his attire seemed very casual. It consisted of dark blue with a hint of tan tinted jeans and a simple vintage brown button up shirt with the cuffs rolled up halfway on his arm. Although it wasn't stunning, it gave off this warm cozy feeling. After a few second of staring, I came to the realization that I must have gotten in his way. I immediately began to bow and apologize for my intrusion.

"I’m so sorry!" I repeatedly said as I bowed.

Once I had finished apologizing, I turned back around and continued on my stroll around the park. Something about that encounter brought a smile to my face. The more I thought about it, the more content I felt. Suddenly, the sound of something caused me to snap back to reality.

"Wait!" the man yelled in my direction.

I turned around with a befuddled look on my face.

"Huh?" I replied. That was all I could think to say.

The man came jogging towards me.

"Hi, I’m Taecyeon," said the man as he extended his hand forth waiting for me to meet halfway in order to finish the greeting.

"Oh. . .I’m Yoona," I replied as I reached out and shook his hand.

He smiled at me and said, "Nice to meet you."

After that we broke away from the handshake. Something about his smile was very warm and inviting. I couldn't help but smile in return. Even a giggle slipped from my mouth. He chuckled when he heard me. My face began to glow and my cheeks began to burn red with embarrassment.

"I just wanted to let you know that you didn't have to apologize back there," Taecyeon said as he pointed back in the direction he came from. "You being in the picture made it 10 times more beautiful."

I was speechless. What was I supposed to say to that? All I could do was bite my lower lip as my face turned into a tomato.

Before I even had time to thank him for the compliment, he spoke once more. "I was wondering if you’d like to go out to dinner with me sometime. I would really enjoy the company," he stated.

At first I was reluctant to say yes, but something about him just drew me in.

"Sure, that’d be nice" I replied.

"Great! How about we meet at Fuji (Japanese Cuisine Restaurant) later this evening, around 8 o' clock?"”

"Okay," with that said, I turned back around and began on my stroll around the park again.

He began in the other direction, too. However, after a minute or so, I managed to hear a slight holler of some sort coming from behind. It was Taec waving and shouting, "See you soon!"

And with that said, it was the start of our relationship. The time we’ve spent together has been amazing. Taec was everything a girl could want. Never once, did he ever disappoint me. And never once, did he make me cry. My feelings for him were so--, so--, I can't even explain it. I just know that when I'm with him, the world seems to stop moving and us being together was all that mattered. Unfortunately, there was one problem. Me. From the start, I knew this happiness would not last long, for I was ill. My days were getting shorter by the second as my internal clock began to countdown. I could feel it. I know it was selfish of me for not telling him about my illness, but I couldn't bare making my Taec, the fun loving guy with a heart of gold, worry about me. But I guess that's where I went wrong, and the time had come for me to let him know. I just didn't know how to tell him.

"Hey sweetie," came the voice that awoke me from my thoughts. The warm voice that belonged to my love. I had invited him here to the park where we first met. He sat down beside me on the bench and wrapped his arms around me from behind. I leaned back against his chest. It felt so nice to be in his arms, surrounded by his warmth. We could stay like that for an eternity in silence and there would be no problems. As I sat there and thought about all the times we had spent together, tears began to form, and slowly flow. I couldn't make it stop.

"What’s wrong sweetie?" he said as he turned me around to face him. I looked at him with teary eyes, but soon looked away.

"Taec..." I started. My voice was so dry. It was as if I had a lump of coal in my throat keeping me from saying what I had to say. I could barely speak.

"What is it?" questioned Taecyeon once more.

"I--, I--...I'm sick," I managed to whisper to him.

Taec didn't respond. His caring face changed into a confused one as he was in a state of shock. All he could do was sit and stare, trying to make sense of what I had just told him. I couldn't stop crying.

"I know that your life has been hard and has caused you much pain. Therefore, I don’t want to be a burden on you. You deserve a better life and with me around you won’t be able to get that."

All of a sudden I began to cough. I had done so well with holding it in and hiding it. I would only cough when I was in the bathroom, and never around Taec. Unfortunately, I couldn't hide it any longer. I couldn't stop the coughing either. Taecyeon snapped out of his trance and grabbed me by the shoulder.

"Yoona, are you all right?!” Taec exclaimed worriedly.

Everything was getting hazy, and I didn't know what was happening anymore. I just remember feeling something on my lip and when I touched it with my hand and examined my hand, I saw that it was blood. That's when I knew that my time had come. After that, everything went black.

Taecyeon's P.O.V.
Why?! Why did this have to happen to Yoona? And why now?! She was the best thing that happened to me in a long time. I was somewhat alone in this world and she was always there for me. Whenever I needed to talk to someone, she would be there. She would always bring a smile to my face with her smile. Her innocence and childlike views of the world made life seem easier. The cold harsh world would always be a haven of peace and happiness with Yoona. And when I was with her, I felt the same way. There was nothing in the world that was more precious to me than my Yoona. She was my light. She's my everything. And I'm not ready to lose her.

Turning away from the view of the cold dark night sky, I walked back over to Yoona's hospital bed and sat down in the chair beside it. I reached into my right jacket pocket and pulled out a little black box. A tear slipped from my eye.

"Yoona, did you know today was the day that I would ask you to marry me? Today was the day that I would ask you to be my wife.

Someone for me to love and cherish for the rest of my life," I asked.

As I opened the black box and pulled the ring out, I continued, "Yoona, please wake up, please!"

Tears began to fall as I looked at the ring and then at Yoona's helpless body.

"I can’t lose you now. We had plans for our future. You would be a homemaker and take care of our two beautiful children while I went to work to make money to care for us. We would live out in the countryside because you liked the scenery. You also said that every Sunday, I would take a picture of us and our kids so that no matter what might happen, our memories would be forever imprinted somewhere," I said as I wept. "How can this come true if you're not with me? What am I supposed to do without you?!"

I took the ring and held it in my right palm as I leaned my head down against my enclosed fist. My weeping did not cease for the pain that I felt was endless.

Being startled by the opening doors, I was forced to stop crying. It was a doctor. He came in and examined the papers attached to the foot of Yoona's bed. He shook his head in disappointment. This only brought more fear. I dreaded having to hear what the doctor had to say, but I knew that it was inevitable.

"How is she?” I questioned.

"Your friend doesn't have much time left," sadly replied the doctor.

"How can that be, she was perfectly fine this morning?" I questioned.

"She has had TB for the past 9 months now," replied the doctor.

"You're lying!" I shouted as I grabbed the doctor by the collar. "Tell me you're lying!"

After weeping for so long before, I didn't think that I had any more tears left in me. But that was where I was wrong, I found myself in a state of despair as I became consumed by emotion. My eyes began to swell up with tears once more and a river of grief began to pour. I slowly fell to my knees in front of the doctor.

"Please...tell my that you're lying..." I desperately cried.

Never once had I been in a state of denial. I couldn't just watch her die! I had to do something. Anything. I began to shake the doctor's legs as I begged him, , "I'm begging you, please save her. PLEASE! I'll do whatever you want! Just tell me you'll save her! You have to save her! She can't die yet. Not yet! She's too young!"

The doctor laid his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me as much as any doctor could.

"I’m sorry," stated the doctor.

Once those words sunk in, my arms fell to the ground as I knelt there in silence. The doctor turned around and left. How can one minute change my entire life? My world had come crashing down. Everything was becoming what I dreaded most. My past consisting of solitude was now my future. Tears of resentment began to induce me. I was mad. I resented not knowing for the past 6 months. How could Yoona not tell me something so important? How could she do that to me?

"Taec..." came a whisper that suddenly brought me back to reality. My anger, along with my tears, had vanished the second I heard Yoona's voice. Joy filled my heart and happiness took place in my mind. I immediately rushed over to her.

"Yoona! You’re awake! How are you feeling?" I asked in concern.

Yoona coughed a few times. Everything she said came as a raspy whisper, "Taec, , I'm sorry... I'm sorry I was selfish and didn't tell you sooner. I just wanted to spend my dying days with you."

"Yoona--" I began but was stopped by her.

"Can I finish first?" she asked quietly and I nodded. "Taecyeon, you have done so much for me that I have no way of repaying you. Your love that you gave forth to me was true, and not once did you fail me. Everyday with you was a day in heaven. And no one but you could give me this feeling," she said in a barely audible voice as tears began to fall from her eyes. "However, I can not give you the happiness you deserve. I can not take care of you when you'll need me most. And no matter how much I wish not to do this, I must leave you now. I just wanted to let you know that I love you. And I thank you for giving me my fondest memories."

She began to cough once more as she wiped the tears from her eyes. I immediately pulled her into me and held her in my arms. Yoona just laid her head against my chest. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Having her so close to me again was spine tingling. I never wanted to let go.

"Yoona, will you make me the happiest man alive and become my wife?"

She lightly nodded her head as a tear slipped from her eye and with her very last breath, she whispered, "yes."

At that moment the heart monitor beeped and tears just poured from my eyes. I had no way of stopping them. I couldn't figure out if they were tears of happiness for Yoona was mine and I was hers, or if they were tears of pain for right then and there was when I lost my Yoona. All I knew was that it was just too overwhelming. As the tears continued to envelope me, my heart carried pain and anguish as I laid her back down on her bed. Although everything was blurred by my teary eyes, I could still see how beautiful my love was. Not even death could take away her beauty. I reached back in my pocket and pulled out the ring. Using both my hands I brought it closer and examined it, making sure that every little detail on it was right. Although it was only a little 1 carat diamond sitting on a platinum band, it carried an important message: 'Taecyeon & Yoona - A love that surpasses all endearment.' Breathing became harder as I continued to weep; I took her left hand and placed the ring on her ring finger. I kissed her hand and then leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead. My tears had made her forehead wet, so I gently wiped it with my handkerchief. I stood up straight and looked down at my beautiful wife. Although I was in an unbearable pain and feeling hopelessly lost, a faint smile was drawn on my face. She was finally my wife.

A week had passed and her funeral was today. Everyone had already left. I wasn't finished yet. I was right in front of her smooth granite gray tombstone which was masked by the endless arrangement of beautiful flowers that laid ever so effortless on top of one another. I knelt done and traced my fingers against every engraving. The stone had read:
Im Yoona
April 5, 1989 - June 29, 2010
'You are my one and only.'
- Ok Taecyeon

I reached inside my coat to pull out a photograph. This very photograph carried one of my fondest memories. If it had not been for this accidental capture, I would have never met Yoona. I looked at the image. As the flashbacks of the incident consumed my mind, a smile grew on my face. I kissed the photo and let go of it. I watched as it gently fell, landing among the field of flowers. As I knelt down to kiss the cold stone, I said one last goodbye, "Goodbye, my love."

I had done what I had to do; I stood back up and walked off into the horizon.

-----THE END!