Chapter 1

ONEW IS PREGNANT WITH OUR CHILD??!!

 

LUNA's POV           

  So, this is how it was going to be? This is how it was going to end?

                It wasn’t supposed to be this way. I wasn’t supposed to end up here on the roof of my apartment. I’m not fond of heights yet I’m standing on the ledge ready to take a step into the air and just be done with everything; just like he was done with me.

                How could I be so stupid? So blind, what’s wrong with me? I let things go on for a year. One full year of letting him hurt me. Letting him toy with my heart. I thought that every time he apologized and said he would change, that he actually meant it.

                But he never did.

                He didn’t have one honest bone in his body and I knew it. I should have been the one to say that things were over and done with. I had chance after chance but I never could. He would look at me with those eyes; those eyes that felt as if they were filled with care. Eyes that felt sincere and knew that mistakes had been made; eyes that begged for forgiveness. It was those eyes that would just break me. Break me into pieces that he would pick up and put back together. It was his entire plan, so that it would be only him to break me and only him who could make me whole again.

                But I would never really be whole.

                Each time it happened I always felt like there was something missing still. But I thought that letting him back in might make that missing piece come back.

                There were times where it felt like it did. Like when we would walk down the busy streets at night, arms linked, and wide smiles on our faces. With our laughter that mixed with the chatter of the people around us, everything felt right. And those other times where it was just the two of us together in the closest of ways possible. Those times where it was a haze of skin that burned and flushed a lighter shade than what it was accustomed to. Where breathing became difficult and almost forgotten to the point that lungs felt as if they would burst. It was those times where whispers of affection and promises were exchanged, everything felt perfect.

                But just when it felt right, crashes of reality came ruining everything.

                It was when I saw that his gaze shifted from me to any other curvy long haired figure that would walk past us. It was when I saw him smiling and laughing with another girl on his arm. It was when I caught him pressed against a different girl than the one I saw before; her hands on his back and his on her waist. It was when I caught him with some other girl in my own bed; neither of them covered up enough to hide their shame.

                There were so many times I lost count. Yet I couldn’t help but let him say everything I needed to hear afterwards. How it wasn’t what it looked like, how he was sorry and that I was the only one that mattered, how it was a mistake and he could change. I knew he couldn’t but I wasn’t strong enough to be on my own. As much as it hurt I needed him.

                But now, he didn’t need me. He said he was finished with me and he’s got someone better; said that we both need to move on with our lives. It was my turn now to beg and say I could change for the better. It was my turn to say I would do anything and to start over; forget about all those times that my heart felt as though it was being torn out of my chest and shoved back in with no remorse. But he isn’t me. He didn’t let me back in. I was another toy that he played with and got bored of.

                So now here I am, standing on the ledge of my apartment rooftop, watching the clouds drift across the sun. The breeze skims along my cheeks and freezes the parts that are slightly damp to the touch. I’ve been crying but I have no effort to wipe them away. Let them be a reminder of my stupidity.

                I feel ready; ready to just take that step and be able to breathe. I can feel my right foot twitch at the thought and it slowly begins to lift. I take a look down at the long drop and see no cars. There’s one lonely stranger walking up the sidewalk and I’m debating if I should let him walk past my building before I decide to jump. I feel my heart begin to race and my mind feels light. He’s coming closer and making up my mind becomes frantic. My legs begin to shake and my eyes are starting to burn. I’m really about to this aren’t I? It won’t be so bad; I’ll feel like I’m flying then it’ll all be over with a quick smack to the ground.

                Yeah, this could work. I feel at peace, I feel like I’m finally doing the right thing for once, I feel like … like … wait …

                My right leg tips back and I fall back onto the roof smack dab on my . “Damn it! That hurts! Aish!” I stand back up and I feel my head rush. I’m dizzy and stumbling to hold onto something. I reach for the ledge of the roof I was just standing on to steady myself. “The was that?” My stomach begins to growl at me in anger but I’m not hungry. “Wait ... what is …” I feel it. It starts coming up and my only reaction is to heave my head over the roof and watch as the burning bile falls down to coat the sidewalk.

                I’m hanging my head over the ledge as I wipe my mouth in confusion; why on earth did I have the sudden need to heave up half my stomach content? Then I feel my eyes go wide and the sickly feeling creeps over me again. “Oh .” My ears ring as a sudden scream climbs its way to the top of the building.

                “AHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE ?! IS THIS VOMIT?” I look down to the man covered from head to toe.

                “Oh shiiiiiit”