Chapter One

31 Days

G.O's POV

I opened the door to my home and plopped on my couch, exhausted from my restless day. I was just about to fall asleep, when I heard the annoying ring of my cell phone.

"Hello?" I said, with my "what is wrong with you, I'm trying to get some rest" tone.

"Umm is this Jung Byung Hee, the new psychiatrist in town?" It was a voice of a lady, that was probably around her 50's. 

"Yes, that's me. How can I help you?" I said, my voice suddenly getting politer. 

"Uhh I have a 23 year old daughter..and her old psychiatrist had to leave to America because of family issues, and I was wondering if you can come and see her.." the woman said.

"Oh yeah sure. Do you want me to come over right now?" I asked.

"Um if it's okay with you.. I live right across from Angel's Sandwich's, the red roof." The woman kindly explained. My home was located in a small town in Busan.

"Oh yeah I know where that is..Umm i'll be there in 5 minutes." I hung up and quickly gathered my things, then got into my silver minivan. It was pouring outside. 

3 minutes later, I was knocking on the door of a 2 story house, the biggest one in the town.

A small woman, that looked like she was in her early 50's opened the door.

"Hello.." she said.

I made a quick bow and entered her home. The house was beautiful. The first floor was brightly lit with glass chandeliers, and the floors were polished and clean. When I looked down to step out of my shoes, there was a small brown rug that said: Welcome To The Lee Family's Home~, so I guessed that the woman's name was Mrs. Lee. 

Mrs. Lee led me up the spiral stairs, and the second floor was even brighter then the first. There was a brightly lit hallway, and I saw    a small door in the back.

Mrs. Lee tip - toed to the door, and opened the door. The door didn't creak, it didn't make any sounds.

"Yejin-ah.. your doctor's here.." The woman slowly walked inside and I followed behind.

When I went inside, there was a big room, that was about the size of my whole house. The room was very bright, brighter than the rest of the house. I could barely keep my eyes open. I looked around and there was a unusually large window the covered half of the room.  

A young lady was sitting on the window sill,  blankly staring at the rain. 

Yejin slowly turned her head, and started panicking as soon as she saw me.

Mrs. Lee quickly ran over to her and hugged her, trying to keep Yejin calm.

"It's okay Yejin-ah, it's okay..he's your new doctor.." she whispered. Yejin continued to scream, flailing her arms and legs. 

I slowly walked in, getting out a shot with a small dose of Tranquilliser, to calm her down.

I snuck up behind and injected it into her arm. Her flailing continued for a couple minutes, and the drug slowly started to have an effect. 6 minutes later, she was sleeping. 

I picked her up and set her down onto her bed. Mrs. Lee gestured me to follow her, so I followed. 

She had me sit down on the couch and brought me tea. 

"Sorry, that happens when she meets new people.." She said, taking small sips of her tea. 

"Um may I ask about how she got the mental illness?" I tried to sound polite. 

"Um..Yejin was a happy girl. She had many friends, and she was well known for her musical talents at school. She was also loved by her teachers. She was a straight A student..and got many rewards. She skipped 9th grade, and was very beautiful too. Well..3 years ago, when she was a sophomore in college all of this happened.. One day, she didn't come home from her tutor.. I started getting worried, because she always came home before 8, and always called me when she was hanging out with her friends. I called her multiple times, but she never picked up.. I waited for her until the next day, but she didn't come. I reported her to the police, and they searched for her. She was found the basement of her school. They checked the security camera and it turns out that a group of drunk students forced her into the basement..and brutally her...ever since then..she has been suffering from PTSD..She doesn't like darkness, the smell of sanitizing liquids, and cleaning tools such as mops, and dusters..she also doesn't like men.. she gets panic attacks very often from replaying the tragic moment over and over again in her head. But on rainy days, Yejin likes to sit on the window sill and look outside, and on those days he seems a bit calmer. She doesn't like meeting new people either. It took a full 2 years until Yejin stopped having panic attacks from seeing Dr. Kim, her old doctor, but she still felt uncomfortable around him...It's going to be hard for you.." she said. Her eyes were moist, this obviously caused many family issues. 

I nodded slowly, looking down at the floor. After a couple seconds of awkward silence, I looked up and Mrs. Lee.

"Mrs. Lee, I can change her. Give me a month."