A Game of Love.

An empty book waiting to be filled.

 

Coupling: Chanyeol/Luna.

Prompt: Let's Fall in Love.

Genre: Fluff.

_________________________

“Ten, nine, eight…”

//

Her stubby short legs are sprawled onto the sofa, twisting and turning at every little tick of the clock. “I’m bored,” she yells aloud but nobody is listening. Everyone is too busy getting ready.

“Just call him,” Krystal replies while trying to blink in her contacts, “Or be stuck here for the whole night.”

Luna looks at the youngest with disbelief, “He’s the guy. Shouldn’t he call?”

The rest of the house stops for a while and turns to the girl wrapped in her blankets. All at once they grabbed a pillow and threw them at her in disgust.

“Unni, we are not in the dark ages. Girls have as much equality as boys do nowadays,” Sulli pipes in and hands her the phone, “Call him.”

//

“Seven, six…”

//

Her eyes slowly move to the screen of her phone for the uncountable time that night. No calls no text messages.

“He must have no credit,” she says, trying to reassure herself in the process, “Or his dog is sick.”

She groans aloud and kicks her legs up in the air with frustration. Knowing him was frustrating and yet she keeps waiting.

“I’m bored!” she screams, but only silence replies back. The rest have gone out and Luna is left alone; alone with a little hope that comes in the form of a phone.

//

“Five, four…”

//

“Hello?” she whispers through the receiver after hours of mulling over him, “Chanyeol?”

“Luna?” his voice sounds as discreet as hers and she can’t help but raise an eyebrow at this.

“Why are you whispering?” she asks.

“Because you are whispering,” he replies and her once frown quickly turns around as she pictures his mismatched eyes when he laughs, “I’m joking. I’m at Han River with the boys. What’s up?”

The smile turns to a frown almost as quickly as she slams down the receiver. He doesn’t remember. Krystal was wrong; she calls him but ends up alone anyway.

//

“Three, two…”

//

Knock.

She doesn’t bother to answer. It could either be Amber who already has her own key but is lazy to use it, since she probably assumed Luna was home all alone, or Chanyeol. She is confident that it’s the former because Chanyeol doesn’t remember her and thus she doesn’t bother to move even the slightest muscle.

Knock.

“Shut up,” she mutters but doesn’t move an inch.

Knock.

“God damn it Ams,” she screams and drags herself to the door, “Why won’t you just leave me to wallow in self pity? If you dare say that…”

“Hey,” says the voice she almost wants to kill and hug at the same time, “It’s me.”

“Well, duh?” she rolls her eyes and slams the door.

He knocks on the door, slightly softer this time, “Will you let me explain?”

“Explain what? I’m not angry. No I’m freaking fine,” she sighs behind the door, gritting her teeth as she does so and controlling her anger, “Just leave me alone Yeol.”

Surprisingly he does what he’s told and she gets more annoyed. Her pockets suddenly vibrates and for the first time that night, she gets a text message.

“Yeollie,” she reads the sender and stuffs the phone back into her pockets.

She feels yet another vibration and her heart tugs a little. Within the fifth vibration she rolls her eyes and checks the messages.

“One!” he suddenly yells and a bang was heard.

A suddenly urge of panic and chaos runs through her head and without a beat later she finds herself in his arms. “Yah! What was that?”

“Pop pops,” he laughs and one eye squints more than the other. She can’t help but smile when she sees him. Suddenly remembering that she was actually angry at him, she frees herself from his embrace and folds her arms. He owes her an explanation and an apology but it looked like he came unprepared.

“Are you going to say anything?”

“Let’s…”

“Let’s what? I’m not doing anything with you until you explain.”

“Let’s…”

“Just apologize Yeol. Is that so hard?”

“Let’s fall in love.”

“No!”

He stumbles back a little at the straight forward rejection, “Excuse me?” For a man like himself, it was a first. He could almost hear his heart crackling into small little pieces.

“You’re a jerk. It’s New Year and you don’t even…”

“Luna?” Victoria was standing at the doorway looking confused, “Why are you here?”

“What do you mean? Nobody asked me out on New year’s day to see fireworks so I’m home alone,” she crosses her arms and pulls Victoria in, “Let’s just leave him alone.”

Slamming the door, leaving the baffled Chanyeol, Luna nods in triumph, “He thinks he can just play with my heart. I’m Luna. Nobody plays with my heart.”

“But why are you here?”

“I already explained unni.”

“You missed the fireworks.”

“That’s obvious.”

“Your fireworks. Your name was blasting everywhere. It was such a pretty sight.”

“My what?”  Luna finds out that her heart was never really played. Instead she plays with herself and just maybe lost a chance with that infuriating boy, Chanyeol.

“Let’s fall in love,” he says, but this time screaming until the whole building shook, “Because all I’ve been doing is falling and falling and now I can’t do this alone.”

Slowly opening the creaks, her eyes are blinking and her face is full of guilt. She sees him, for once, waiting and frustrated, and she finds that one can’t play in a game of love. It needs two and she needs him.

“Let’s fall in love.”

 

_________

Happy new year subbies :)