Soju and Kimbap

280 Days

Sooyoung was snuggled up against Kyuhyun and watched him play with the other, or rather THE love of his life: Starcraft. They were both laying on his bed, tangled up in an awkward position that permitted both of them to be close enough to each other and cuddle, yet it also allowed Kyuhyun to see his computer and move his fingers freely across the keyboard. Over the last couple of years, Sooyoung had come to love watching Kyuhyun play. She found it somewhat relaxing watching him being in control of the situation, moving from one battlefield to another, and killing as many Zergs as possible. She loved it even more when he lost. His grumbles of frustration and anger usually made up for great rough . Kyuhyun had also learned not to push it too far or else Sooyoung would just walk away and not answer his texts for a good day. Of course, it was all worth it when he was winning and reaching a new level. That evening, Kyuhyun decided not to push his luck, when he felt a light blow on his neck.

“What do you want?” he asked, closing the computer and staring into his soon-to-be-wife great big round eyes.

“Nothing, I just wanted your attention” she answered, with a smirk on her face.

“You know I was winning” he sighted.

“I know,” she answered, still showing off her signature smirk.  

“What if I’ve won, maybe I could’ve been Starcraft King?” he said, lowering his voice and her rounded cheeks.

“Why would you want to be Starcraft King when you have me?” she asked, scooting over until she was lying on his body.  Kyuhyun gave a light pout and chose not to answer her question.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” she exclaimed, pushing herself away from him “I can’t believe it!” He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her down on him.

“You know I love you?” he said.

“I know you do, but you also love Starcraft.” She answered, pretending to pout.

“But I am marrying you,” he replied, placing a delicate kiss on her lips. Sooyoung blushed lightly and looked away.

“Don’t you have a bachelors party to attend?” she asked, hoping to change the subject and not let him take advantage of the situation.

“Don’t you have a bachelorette party?” he replied, with a smirk.

“I do,” she answered in defeat “and I should probably get going, I am late.” She got up and gave him a small peck on the lips. “By the way, today is the last day you are allowed to look, touch or flirt with another girl, after the wedding you are dead meat.”

“That goes for you too Choi Sooyoung” he shouted, as she exited the dorm.

  

Sooyoung had decided she wanted something simple and cozy for her bachelorette party. After much discussion, she finally settled on renting a suite, in downtown Seoul, for the night. Both her sister and Ara had insisted on organizing the party, and to be perfectly honest, she hadn’t argued much, because the rushed up wedding had taken a lot of her already limited time. As she walked into the suite, the decoration skills of her sister wowed, her as usual, it was modern chic, yet kept a casual look. She was quickly surrounded by her members and close family congratulating her on her wedding. Yoona backhugged her and pouted.

“I am going to miss you,” she said“ Who is going to eat with me at random hours?”

Sooyoung gave a light laugh and patted her hand  “You can come and eat with me at anytime Yoongie-ah, my fridge is your fridge. “

“Speaking of food,” interrupted Ara “Your sister and I went to buy some, I think we have enough to feed a whole army battalion.”   

Jessica raised her eyebrow and chuckled “With those three Shikshin, I really doubt that there will be enough, let alone left overs.”

“Three?” muttered Sooyoung, lifting her head up from her already full plate.

“Well that Cho Junior growing in you.” Jessica replied, pointing at her barely discernable rounded stomach. Sooyoung have a light blush and bit her lip, bringing back her gaze down on her plate. She was still getting used to the fact that her body was going to change, that there was a new life growing in her, and she hated feeling different because of that. She made her way to the living room trying to push back the gloomy thoughts and think instead that in less than twenty-four hours she would be married to the man she had fell for more than four years before. While Sooyoung had her internal debate with herself, Tiffany started shooting death glares and Jessica, who could only defend herself by mouthing in English What? To which Tiffany flatly mouthed back Never mind, while grabbing her plate and joining the rest of the group, in the living room. The awkward moment was quickly forgotten when Hyoyeon got up and announced “My dear Sooyoung, to celebrate your last hours as a single lady, Sunny and I made a video of all the moments you’ve had, since you debu,t with other guys!” 

“Since my debut?” repeated Sooyoung, attacking Hyoyeons’ unattended plate. “Won’t that be a lot?”

“Hey that’s my plate!” grunted Hyoyeon.

“I know,” said Sooyoung “Now don’t change the subject and finish your story bro, we all have to get up early tomorrow.”

“Well anyways, here are your moments with all those other handsome men that you are now leaving to us,” replied Hyoyeon, slightly annoyed at Sooyoung for ruining her speech and eager to get back to her plate, already half devoured plate. Sooyoung sat on the floor against the couch, between Soojin and Ara, Yoonas’ head was wresting in her lap and the rest of the members were scattered around the room, looking at the television. When her eyes fell on her mother and Kyuhyun’s mother she had second thoughts about inviting them over. Was it really a good idea to let her future mother-in-law see all those moments with other men that weren’t her son? Her thoughts were interrupted when everyone started cheering at a picture, clearly edited, of her kissing Siwon.

“Where did you find that?” she asked in amazement at how realistic, yet obviously fake the selca was.

“On this website called tumblr,” replied Sunny “We had to make an account to access it, but it’s amazing all the pictures and mini moving pictures you can find there.”

“Huh… You’ll have to send me the link.”

“Oh you don’t want to, Hyoyeon has been stuck on it ever since we created the account. It’s the only thing she does when she has free time now.”

“Well that explains the weird noises coming from Hyo’s room lately,” muttered Tiffany. The friendly pickering went on for the rest of the video, Sooyoung occasionally gave apologetic looks at either Tiffany or Sunny, when some Soowon or Soosun would appear. They both laughed it off, amused at the situation their respective boyfriends and sister found themselves in. When the video finished, her mother and mother-in-law excused themselves and left, reminding not to stay up too late.

“I think the snorlax is asleep,” whisperd Yuri pointing at Jessica sleeping on the couch behind Sooyoung.

“Well, I guess we’ll just have to do the rest without her,” sighted Taeyeon, reaching for something in her handbag.

“The rest?” asked Sooyoung.

“Yeah the rest,” replied Taeyeon, handing her the package. Sooyoung took the package and looked at it in awe. She hadn’t expected any gifts and had specifically asked not to receive some. She felt Ara lean her chin on her shoulder, looking at her unwrap the present and suddenly release a loud shriek when she saw the content of the package. The shriek was loud enough to wake up the whole building, which it did, taking Jessica away from her peaceful sleep.

“What’s going on?” she grunted, trying to remember her dream.

“I don’t want to know, I don’t want to see,” pleaded Ara, who was now covering her eyes.

Sooyoung gave her a concerned look, before looking at the object that had put Ara in such a state.

“Oh my God, Kim Taeyeon,” she hissed, while reading the title of the book: and Pregnancy: 100+ Tips & Positions To Make You and Your Partner Moan Through Out Your Pregnancy.

“What? I thought it would be helpful, since the two of you are so fond of .” Sooyoung threw her a pillow, realising how embarrassing this was for Ara and her.

“Please, I don’t want to know what you and my brother do in your bedroom, please!” whispered a traumatized Ara.

“Kim Taeyeon you are so dead.”

“I am not, everyone contributed, even the maknae.” Sooyoung sat on the floor, thinking in silence. The truth was she really wanted the book, but she couldn’t let her members know. She would never hear the end of it.

“Fine I’ll accept it, but on one condition.”

“Which one?” grunted Yuri.

“All of you single girls dance Single Ladies tomorrow at my wedding.”

“Deal!” shouted Sunny.

“Deal,” repeated Sooyoung.

“What? That is not fair, she is not even single!” pouted Yoona.

“A deal is deal,” smirked Sooyoung.

“Even me?” mumbled Seohyun.

“What do you mean even you? Of course even you, you contributed at the purchase of this book.”

“But…”

“No, buts Seo,” said Sooyoung, cutting her off.

“But, I can’t Eonnie. I am not single anymore,” whispered Seohyun.

“What?” shouted the eight Soshis. 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting at the bar watching his friends drink and enjoying his last few hours of celibacy. He already had turned down various invitations by tempting girls, fearing Sooyoung’s reaction, even if he had her okay. Changmin joined him at the bar, handing him a new bottle of soju.

“You should be there with them, not here all by yourself man.”

“I know, I am just thinking,” said Kyuhyun, pouring soju into his glass.

“Thinking about what?” replied Changmin, before serving himself soju.

“Life.”

Changmin arched his right eyebrow. “Geez, when did you become such a philosopher?”

“The day I learned Sooyoung was pregnant,” he answered, gulping down the soju that was in his glass. Kyuhyun felt the warmth of the alcohol go down his throat, into his stomach and then slowly make its way threw the rest of his body. He felt his muscles relax and his mind became a bit foggier. Changmin looked at his friend in concern and chose to ignore his latest comment.

“I am taking Victoria as a date tomorrow.”

“That’s nice, I would take Victoria if I could. Victoria is… flawless,” he finished with a sight, grabbing the last piece of kimbap on the plate. Changmin grunted.

“You know, we are dating.”

“I know. That is one of the reasons I can’t take her tomorrow.”

Changmin frowned. “How many… Are you, are you having second thoughts?”

“I am,” replied Kyuhyun, while getting up and putting his coat on, “maybe I did the wrong choice. Maybe it’s just one big mistake.”

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun!” shouted Changmin, turning around to see the boastful maknae make his way to the door.

“Thanks for the party, bro. You should sleep. We have a long day tomorrow. That is if… Good night.” Kyuhyun gave a sad smile and waved, as he exited the bar.

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

A/N First of all, congratulations on getting pass chapter 5, I now realize how long it was. Sorry ;__; Secondly, I want to apologize for the super late update, I had a bad writers block. :(... but here it is!! Yay!! Enjoy~ Any ideas, any special requests? Tell me, this story is for you guys!